Growing in 3rd World Conditions (Cuba) att #2

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chitownglass

Due to the power outs, I wouldn't be able to guarantee the steady 12/12 cycle needed for flowering, I'm hoping the solar panels kit I bought gets here soon and I can start flowering with that kit for a power back up...
I see now. That sucks. Looks like the only thing you can do is wait for the solar panels and hope for the best. Id just take the yellowing leaves off for now. Don't wanna stress them too much more.

rasterman

rasterman

Due to the power outs, I wouldn't be able to guarantee the steady 12/12 cycle needed for flowering, I'm hoping the solar panels kit I bought gets here soon and I can start flowering with that kit for a power back up...
12/12 is a convenient schedule for growing cannabis. But most cannabis in the wild flowers with longer days and finishes with shorter.

Interrupting the lights-out period is bad-that's true. Interrupting the daylight period is just shade. The main problem with power outages are that the clock on the timer stops until the power goes back on.

So.... if you set your timer to 12/12 and set the time on it whenever the power comes back on, you should be good. Except that the plant isn't growing when the lights are out. I have a digital timer with battery backup. It's pretty cheap and I don't use it because it's a pain to set up. But it wouldn't need to have the time reset after power outages, so that might be another option.

rasterman

rasterman

I think it's time to flip to flower, personally. You might count how many colas you have - 4-8 would be good but I wouldn't go above 10. I'm only saying this because if you have 20 stems you might want to chop some of them.

Edit: I just went back and looked at the pictures you posted. You could flip them with no further training and they'll do really well. Or you can (what I would do) go through and cut any colas that are more than a couple of inches below the canopy, then bend or tie the other branches down to make a level canopy. But all of that's completely optional.

Last edited:
Zerberus

Zerberus

I think it's time to flip to flower, personally. You might count how many colas you have - 4-8 would be good but I wouldn't go above 10. I'm only saying this because if you have 20 stems you might want to chop some of them.
Ok, I'm going to flip to flower today, going to set it for dark periods of 9pm to 9am, for now I'm going to have to go daily and turn off and on the lights at those hours because the timers are coming on the same shipment as the solar panels. But I think the best thing would be to switch to flower and just hope for the best at this point, I will also cut down the size of the plant to 8 colas each.

Is there anything I need to do with the feeding schedule for the flower cycle? What NPK value should I feed it during flowering and how often?

rasterman

rasterman

Ok, I'm going to flip to flower today, going to set it for dark periods of 9pm to 9am, for now I'm going to have to go daily and turn off and on the lights at those hours because the timers are coming on the same shipment as the solar panels. But I think the best thing would be to switch to flower and just hope for the best at this point, I will also cut down the size of the plant to 8 colas each.

Is there anything I need to do with the feeding schedule for the flower cycle? What NPK value should I feed it during flowering and how often?
I'm terrible with nutes. A few weeks after the flip it's going to be using less N and more P&K. You'll probably have to feed her during flower especially after a long veg .

I think you posted that you got some 10-10-10. You could topdress sparingly with that a week in if you have to. You'll probably burn up the extra nitrogen before it becomes a problem. Aside from that, you could start feeding them the calmag pills, or Epsom Salts if you have them.

Keep in mind that it's almost always better to underdo it than overdo it.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Just interested bud
What Cuba like when it comes to growing are they ok about it or like here it’s a no no.

Personally I never wanna say I wish I had lived the life I wanna live and not the one others want me to live so I say overgrow the world 😋

Zerberus

Zerberus

Just interested bud
What Cuba like when it comes to growing are they ok about it or like here it’s a no no.

Personally I never wanna say I wish I had lived the life I wanna live and not the one others want me to live so I say overgrow the world 😋
Cuba is probably the worst country in the world to even attempt this at, this clipper lighter because it has a weed leaf on it carries a sentence of 3 years in prison
IMG 20231020 094736

If you get caught with actual weed on you, let's say a gram or two, your going to do 5-8 years, but if you get caught trying to distribute any amount or even grow it's a 20 year sentence, and trust me prisons here are not somewhere you want to spend any time in... But I need to smoke for medical reasons so I choose to take the risk.

Zerberus

Zerberus

I'm terrible with nutes. A few weeks after the flip it's going to be using less N and more P&K. You'll probably have to feed her during flower especially after a long veg .

I think you posted that you got some 10-10-10. You could topdress sparingly with that a week in if you have to. You'll probably burn up the extra nitrogen before it becomes a problem. Aside from that, you could start feeding them the calmag pills, or Epsom Salts if you have them.

Keep in mind that it's almost always better to underdo it than overdo it.
IMG 20231020 091818

I decided to super crop them, by cleaning out the stems that were not going to make the top canopy, cleaned out some inner veg so light could penetrate, and they are now on a 12/12 cycle, I'm doing the dark cycle from 9pm to 9am because it's easier for me to prevent light leaks at night.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Cuba is probably the worst country in the world to even attempt this at, this clipper lighter because it has a weed leaf on it carries a sentence of 3 years in prison View attachment 2061576

If you get caught with actual weed on you, let's say a gram or two, your going to do 5-8 years, but if you get caught trying to distribute any amount or even grow it's a 20 year sentence, and trust me prisons here are not somewhere you want to spend any time in... But I need to smoke for medical reasons so I choose to take the risk.
Frig that’s harsh af
Good luck it’s a friggin mad world we live in when we have to hide yet we’re just trying to get outa pain or whatever reasons

Zerberus

Zerberus

Frig that’s harsh af
Good luck it’s a friggin mad world we live in when we have to hide yet we’re just trying to get outa pain or whatever reasons
Yeah it's super fucked up, first of all this country doesn't have any medicine to help with my issues, and the little medicine they do provide isn't to actually treat my medical issues it's used for treating schizophrenia and has a ton of side effect, and I'm not going to take those meds. Firstly because I don't have schizophrenia, all I have is insomnia and bruxism. It's just stupid that I would have to put myself at risk of going to prison for 20 years just because the options for medicine here are atrocious.

So yeah I completely agree with you it's a fucked up world we live in.

T

THEBRO

Yeah it's super fucked up, first of all this country doesn't have any medicine to help with my issues, and the little medicine they do provide isn't to actually treat my medical issues it's used for treating schizophrenia and has a ton of side effect, and I'm not going to take those meds. Firstly because I don't have schizophrenia, all I have is insomnia and bruxism. It's just stupid that I would have to put myself at risk of going to prison for 20 years just because the options for medicine here are atrocious.

So yeah I completely agree with you it's a fucked up world we live in.
U need clonopin work great for this situation. Other psychiatric medicine would putting you like a zombie. And try to do a lot in the wake up time so when the night comes up u will feel so tired and go to sleep. And plus psychiatric medication after long time using it ur nerve system going to fk u up like shaking hands like a tremors and involuntary movement. So sad that shit happens to me. But I cut off my nerves system don't workout like supposed to be, to much anxiety, panic attacks and the worst ones is just sleep and being up every 1 hours is fk painful

Zerberus

Zerberus

U need clonopin work great for this situation. Other psychiatric medicine would putting you like a zombie. And try to do a lot in the wake up time so when the night comes up u will feel so tired and go to sleep. And plus psychiatric medication after long time using it ur nerve system going to fk u up like shaking hands like a tremors and involuntary movement. So sad that shit happens to me. But I cut off my nerves system don't workout like supposed to be, to much anxiety, panic attacks and the worst ones is just sleep and being up every 1 hours is fk painful
I know how you feel, I have severe anxiety which has caused me to develop a severe case of bruxism, and everyday I wake up with my jaw in pain from clenching it during sleep. So I sleep with bottom and top mouth guards on to prevent my teeth from grinding or getting damaged. Even with the guards in I still wake up with pain, and being in this country for work is even more stressful so it's caused my bruxism to transition into a daily habit when I'm busy doing something and kind of have my mind drifting in what I'm focused on, I'll sometimes notice that my jaw is clenched and snap out of it. I don't want to take any more medication, I took Ritalin for a long time, 10mg-20mg-40mg but it made me zombie like for the whole day and I just want to function like a normal person, so medicinal marijuana is the best medicine I have tried and it has honestly given me the best results, it's why I'm focused on growing Indica strains, they help with both the pain and the insomnia, and anxiety so it really is the best natural medicine.

Zerberus

Zerberus

They're looking absolutely perfect!
They do look nice 👌

Thanks guys, I guess they aren't that bad, considering I can't control Temp, Humidity, pH, I don't even have the right nutrients for them but they have come a long way and they have proven to be bomb proof at this point... @rasterman hope you have more of those Black Domina seeds because it's a very strong strain.

rasterman

rasterman

Thanks guys, I guess they aren't that bad, considering I can't control Temp, Humidity, pH, I don't even have the right nutrients for them but they have come a long way and they have proven to be bomb proof at this point... @rasterman hope you have more of those Black Domina seeds because it's a very strong strain.
I do! Many!

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hey guys so I just got back from turning off the lights in the plants and I found these growing...

IMG 20231021 200258
IMG 20231021 200307

I have no clue if they are beneficial to the plants, it was just in one plant so I removed them and discarded them. I think it's the high humidity levels in the day time that are causing them to sprout.

Anyone have any experience with these little shrooms?

Latest posts

Top Bottom