Growing in 3rd World Conditions (Cuba) att #2

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rasterman

rasterman

Hey guys so I just got back from turning off the lights in the plants and I found these growing...

View attachment 2062283View attachment 2062284

I have no clue if they are beneficial to the plants, it was just in one plant so I removed them and discarded them. I think it's the high humidity levels in the day time that are causing them to sprout.

Anyone have any experience with these little shrooms?
No, but I think it's a pretty good sign that your soil is in good shape. I watch a lot of grow videos on Buildsoil.com and Jeremy, the guy who owns the company, always acts like mushrooms are a good thing when he sees them appear.

Zerberus

Zerberus

No, but I think it's a pretty good sign that your soil is in good shape. I watch a lot of grow videos on Buildsoil.com and Jeremy, the guy who owns the company, always acts like mushrooms are a good thing when he sees them appear.
Well thats a relief, one less thing to worry about. Thanks 👍

Zerberus

Zerberus

@rasterman this was last night before I turned off the lights.

IMG 20231026 200716
IMG 20231026 200708
IMG 20231026 200630
IMG 20231026 200625
IMG 20231026 200619

Zerberus

Zerberus

Plants looking good, going into week 2 of flower. I will probably run into some nutrient problems since everything I have to feed them has high Nitrogen contents.

But man I'm loving how they look right now. Wish I had a better camera to take nicer pictures.
IMG 20231030 080143
IMG 20231030 080303
IMG 20231030 080441

rasterman

rasterman

They look good so far. I've made it through flower with 10/10/10 before and homemade soil from stuff I had around the house. This was last summer, after you inspired me to make some soil from scratch. Everything didn't go all that well from a living soil perspective. But the ones I amended with 10/10/10 when I saw problems in veg (and even in flower), made it through flower without major deficiencies.

I did have a lot of foxtailing and some minor nitrogen burn, but I don't mind foxtails and the smoke was good.

Edit: The key is to use nutes sparingly and carefully.

Zerberus

Zerberus

They look good so far. I've made it through flower with 10/10/10 before and homemade soil from stuff I had around the house. This was last summer, after you inspired me to make some soil from scratch. Everything didn't go all that well from a living soil perspective. But the ones I amended with 10/10/10 when I saw problems in veg (and even in flower), made it through flower without major deficiencies.

I did have a lot of foxtailing and some minor nitrogen burn, but I don't mind foxtails and the smoke was good.

Edit: The key is to use nutes sparingly and carefully.
Up to this point I was just using the foliar spray that I have but now for flower I'm going to have to soil feed with a 17-17-17 powder I have how often should I feed them with it? I have feed them once or twice before with it, cutting the normal dose to about 20% which is like a 4.25/4.25/4.25 more or less...

Should I keep cutting it down to 20% of recommend dose, and how often?

rasterman

rasterman

Up to this point I was just using the foliar spray that I have but now for flower I'm going to have to soil feed with a 17-17-17 powder I have how often should I feed them with it? I have feed them once or twice before with it, cutting the normal dose to about 20% which is like a 4.25/4.25/4.25 more or less...

That I don't know. 20% sounds ok but I wouldn't apply too often. I would try to make it through flower with just the foliar spray because it's less risky and just watch them for signs of deficiency.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Well I'm really glad they are flowering now in November and December because humidity will be lower and so will the temperatures so that will help me along the way. And the best news is that they should be on about the 10th-12th day of drying when my birthday comes around on December 25th so really looking forward to that.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

The mushrooms were probably random spores in the soil I used to get them when I brought soil that was stored outside before I used it.

Your plant looks good however I fear it may not remain so if your flowering with a npk of 17/17/17

That way way much n for flowering

rasterman

rasterman

Well I'm really glad they are flowering now in November and December because humidity will be lower and so will the temperatures so that will help me along the way. And the best news is that they should be on about the 10th-12th day of drying when my birthday comes around on December 25th so really looking forward to that.
That's a great birthday and Christmas present!

Glassdub

Glassdub

I would think that is done to prevent stress and have the plant easily accept the transplant process right?

Awesome man, if you ever see anything I can improve on or change please let me know.

And yea it's a challenge growing in Cuba where nothing is accessible, something as small as nutrients that's cost 40$ on Amazon costs me a small fortune and a headache to have a mule bring it to the country on a plane because of the economic embargo. So I have to get very creative when it comes to growing here.
Yep, US sanctions sux, will be running BD, first time with a 100% Indica strain, in a month I'm not a fan of sleepy weed but the seeds were feebees so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'd thought the leaves would be wider but they look great though. 👍

rasterman

rasterman

They'll adjust. Kudos for some quick thinking!

Much earlier in the thread you mentioned that you were using those five gallon hardware store buckets for planters. I'm thinking it's actually pretty brilliant. Those five gallon containers take up the same floor space as five gallon cannabis planters, while containing about 35% more soil volume.

I independently realized this today, but thought about your planters. Or your planters gave me the idea. Anyway, I just up-potted a plant from 3 gallons to 5 gallons bucket and am looking forward to an increase in yield.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/in-the-rasters-of-my-4-by-4.90578/post-2855431

Latest posts

Top Bottom