Hoops And Flowers

• Thread starter SunGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SunGrown

SunGrown

BTW, these are very likely suomi or finola but I am not real sure, trying hard to figure it out. Evidence so far leans to finola. I have many thousands of these that are stored nicely and based on how fast they germed after over a year in storage I think I will be able to go thru these for at least another year so that is good, little overwhelming. But good.

SunGrown

SunGrown

In the great outdoors, some SFV's chillin
sfvog_6-21-.jpg

sfvog_6-21-1.jpg

And this West Coast Dog...sorry bout the shadow...
wcd_6-21.jpg

And I figured I would share this pain in the ass with ya. This Blue Dream is pretty big, I guess about 7 feet tall x about 8 feet wide...but for whatever reason the main growing stalk and branches stopped growing and have been in this funk for a few weeks now.

So today, the main top gets chopped,. So that the one, great growing side branch, can take the lead.

Here is the plant before being cut (notice the shitty growth on the left side...)
bd_manicure_as_is_6-21.jpg

And here she is with the main top (left side) cut off
bd_manicure_midcut_6-21.jpg

And now here she is a little repositioned and we shall see...
bd_manicure_final_6-21.jpg

SunGrown

SunGrown

Here is a male Afcrack x Blueberry male throwing pollen (indoor)
(an update on this cross is that the blueberry was crossed with white widow, so it is actually Afcrack x (new york blueberry x white widow)....which actually helps me understand why nearly every seed I have grown out from crossing these comes out smelling strongly of white widow.
afxbb_male.jpg

Here are some of the hemp seedlings, gonna get transplanted Saturday, literally have hundreds, not sure how many I will transplant, I may just wash soil off and eat a lot of them, LOL
hemp_seedlings.jpg

Here is a new small dep, I have this old truck bed not getting used for anything so I decided why not
truck_bed.jpg

With 8 Larry OG's, gonna veg a few more days and start covering Sunday I think
truck_bed2.jpg

And finally a couple Zukes, first ones this year, so I am stoked. Was a little late starting the veggies but they are blowing up now
zukes.jpg

SunGrown

SunGrown

Man, was nice and cool and cloudy last couple days, then today back to reality.

It is still a beautiful day, drove way the fuck up the other hill and back but all is well....so a few pics

The tea that I started yesterday
tea.jpg

And small update on the truck bed, it is trellised and ladies got bent over hard...but they liked it
truck_bed.jpg

One of the Dogs veggin out
dog_veg.jpg

And one of her sisters acting all flowery :oops:
dog.jpg

Here is that pain in my ass blue dream again, I decided to take off another 5 or 6 main branches. She is growing well, easily over 6 feet tall now...odd thing is though, is that it is all from one bottom side branch...rest of the plant went to shit.

I did discover it seems to be army roly poly bugs are the reason...been munching the shit out of the main stalk
bd_pruned.jpg

Have a great day!
argen_tip.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looking great!

I think, however, that the pill bugs are a symptom and not a cause, rather like bristleworms in marine aquaria. Have you tried squirting a little H2O2 onto the main stalk of that BD, see what happens? IME if it fizzes then there's an infection going on, and that dead/decaying tissue would absolutely bring the roly poly bugs.

I used to be so fascinated with those things when I was a kid.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Thanks Sea! I will try the peroxide, I just read last night where you recommended it before....Does a soil drench of peroxide kill off bennys?? I'm willing to pull the whole plant if there is any kind of real problem.

SunGrown

SunGrown

@Seamaiden
So yeah, dumped about a cup of straight peroxide on the chewed up part of the base and around the few inches surrounding the trunk. I did get some foaming but not a ridiculous amount..what are your thoughts?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks Sea! I will try the peroxide, I just read last night where you recommended it before....Does a soil drench of peroxide kill off bennys?? I'm willing to pull the whole plant if there is any kind of real problem.
I poured it only around the main stem because I didn't want to kill the soil organisms in the main body of the soil, so your thinking on that is correct.

@Seamaiden
So yeah, dumped about a cup of straight peroxide on the chewed up part of the base and around the few inches surrounding the trunk. I did get some foaming but not a ridiculous amount..what are your thoughts?
Did it foam around any specific parts of the trunk? If so, then I would suspect infection in that area. Another one to use to find infected tissue is methylene blue, but I haven't got any of that and so haven't used it here at home. But based on what you've been posting about that BD, I'm suspecting some kind of fungal infection right now because you're too sharp to not see something like, say... a mouse chewing on the stem. The H2O2 is more of a diagnostic tool than anything else, as would be something like methylene blue. I'm just hoping that you've managed to cut out whatever it is well enough that what remains will survive. Beyond that, I would want to suggest tissue testing IF you can find a lab that will do it.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Thanks sea, I'm not always the sharpest nail in the tool bag, but I usually get it done.

For sure not a mouse, but those little roly fucks did a number in just the few days that I missed it, so I think they were eating roots in the soil before the trunk maybe.

I'm watching her pretty close now and just doused her hard with tea so...

SunGrown

SunGrown

Just spent the morning pulling down a little dep, a few that were real close to done started to show pm, and the patient these are for didn't want to spray with anything and neither did I, anyway a couple flower pics

DOG, the dog and blackberry is all that was pulled
dog.jpg

This is the Afcrack x (white widow x new york blueberry)
afxbbww.jpg

This is Blue Crack (green crack x (white widow x new york blueberry)) x Merlin's Kush
bcxmk.jpg

SunGrown

SunGrown

@Seamaiden ,the methylene blue seems interesting, never came across the info.

it is advertised for aquariums for preventing fungus...but in veg and flower I want my fungi strands, how would you use it in this application?

SunGrown

SunGrown

I could absolutely get tissue testing done, but the fee would be about 60$ (cheap, I know) AND would require me to drive to the city (his is the real deal breaker) which I just about will not ever do. I really won't be heartbroken to just kill her if she doesn't shape up within the next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom