How to use this LED , with uv, creeds ir ?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

This could depend on the quality of the Diodes being used. As mentioned the UV is used to increase Trichome production. The Trichomes act like a sunscreen shading the flowers from getting too much light is my understanding. There is something to be said about this subject.
Thanks
That is for the thc benefit with uvb. The uva in led lamps will not do that. It may help with other processes but not increase in thc.

The uv and far red on a newer light board is meant to be on as part of the spectrum the whole time.

I think they put a switch on budget boards because of the cheap red and uv diodes. Cant think of a plant related reason.

All of the spectrum with the enhanced blue and red diodes has been shown to increase photosynthesis and plant health and the far red proven to increase yield.

Best info on cannabis and grow lighting is from professor Bruce Bugby at the university of utah cannabis lab. Can be found on you tube.

He is also the president of Apogee the makers of professional light meters.
I'll have to look at that soon thanks
So your saying these board are ment to have the reds in through out all flower or not? Sorry bit lost now, I'm wheb I read that link or video I will under stand this lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Imo it depends on the UV source and intensity. With UVA like you have they should be fine running the while time. LED diodes and especially the ones in these fixtures have a fairly insignificant amount of UVA and I would say virtually no UVB. If using UVB depending on intensity short periods of exposure and some studies show the last few weeks of flower to be most beneficial.

Studies as far back as the 90’s show uvb increases thc (not other tested canabanoids) used the last 2 weeks. Up to 5% increase has been achieved. Ex. 20% to 25% after uvb.

Uva like led offers at this point may help with plant health and has shown increased flavanoids in some food crops.

lilnew

lilnew

Thanks
So your saying these board are ment to have the reds in through out all flower or not? Sorry bit lost now, I'm wheb I read that link or video I will under stand this lol
however if you are looking for cbd then stay away from uv, studies have shown uv increase thc but at the same time also decrease cbd

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks
So your saying these board are ment to have the reds in throhh out all flower or not? Sorry bit lost now, I'm wheb I read that link or video I will under stand this lol

They should be on from seed/clone to harvest for full benefit. The designers of these things (HLG) dont even offer a switch.

The dimmer and the switch are pure marketing in my opinion. Neither is needed in a professional grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

however if you are looking for cbd then stay away from uv, studies have shown uv increase thc but at the same time also decrease cbd

It has not decreased cbd in any test i have read. Just increased thc.

We only test for a few canabanoids though. It could affect others.

lilnew

lilnew

It has not decreased cbd in any test i have read. Just increased thc.

We only test for a few canabanoids though. It could affect others.
https://vanessa-nielsen.com/cannabis-plants-uv-light/ this is just one of the article that i found just now, i saw couple of them back a while ago, not sure where i found it..lol...but all saying the same thing, but again i might be wrong since i'm not an expert on all these science n shit..hahahah

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

https://vanessa-nielsen.com/cannabis-plants-uv-light/ this is just one of the article that i found just now, i saw couple of them back a while ago, not sure where i found it..lol...but all saying the same thing, but again i might be wrong since i'm not an expert on all these science n shit..hahahah

Thanks for the link. I havent seen this one but it reads like she is just relating certain pieces of info from many different articles she quoted. Everything she said is “may”.

There are actual cannabis grower tests that show what i was saying. And i have seen mention that plants need to be kept flowering longer to realize full cbd potential.

Now my opinion is it is not worth adding uvb. It is dangerous to humans and increasing thc doesnt make weed better in my opinion. The full “recipe” of canabanoids and terpenes are responsible for an individual plants effects.

Because we can easily test thc the industry has wrongly put higher value on higher thc.

But the longest and best high i ever got was in the 80’s on weed that likely tested 8-12%. Hours of giggles compared to flat boring highs of todays high thc weed.

basscaptain

basscaptain

the problem I had was I could not run them on the whole 12 hr and get the lights down on the plants without burn....the buds got purple and didn't grow the same...... on the 2nd run..... I ended up turning down my lights to run the ir/ua all the time....

I'll NEVER BUY 1 again........ I'll add too the lights if I want the ir/uv.... now if I run them 2hr and 2hrs then I could stay on top on my plants and hit them HARD>>>>>>>

I would take the $$$ and buy cree leds before a would buy 1 more of these but again just my 2 cents worth......
man I played around a lot in 10 months trusted me....

basscaptain

basscaptain

they made me 1 light that is 3 swicthed but I have never used it and I think this would be the winner..... I can run them all diff but it's my back up light.... and I never seen a 2nd 1 made...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

the problem I had was I could not run them on the whole 12 hr and get the lights down on the plants without burn....the buds got purple and didn't grow the same...... on the 2nd run..... I ended up turning down my lights to run the ir/ua all the time....

I'll NEVER BUY 1 again........ I'll add too the lights if I want the ir/uv.... now if I run them 2hr and 2hrs then I could stay on top on my plants and hit them HARD>>>>>>>

I would take the $$$ and buy cree leds before a would buy 1 more of these but again just my 2 cents worth......
man I played around a lot in 10 months trusted me....

The spectrum they designed is the best for plants so far with the included uva and reds.

I think you just have too much light for the space. These boards put out almost double the photons of the same wattage hps.

I suggest dimming the whole lamp or raising it or both.

Of course just the white diodes will work too and grow fine plants. Maybe a bit leafier than wanted. But all the cob and first version boards were all full spectrum white diodes. Pleant still running like that.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

$0.02

I use the California Lightworks UVB for prolly 2 years now.....for sure noticed a difference right out of the gate. Would not want to be without it!! Cost is around a $100.

Last 2 weeks for 3 hours a day....some strains can handle longer than 3 hours.

Specs:

• Supplemental UVB-24 watt T5 Fluorescent.
  • Improves resin development and potency.
  • Used during the last few weeks of flowering.
  • Piggyback design offers up to 10 unit installations from a single outlet.
  • Covers 4' x 4' at 3' above the canopy.
  • UVB bulb is included.
  • Measures 23" x 4" x 2"

Ph 007

Ph 007

I just ordered some Epsom salt to try that to see what happens,

How should I mix and add this salt ppm be good
And should i add every feeding ?

Are any of your gugs using these leds or same type of chip / ligh spectrums?
I see on google some say led cause calmag problems say no, then i see some say it's the light spectrum missing something can't remember what and this lihht missing causes the plant to miss some colour or some crap lol and plant gets problems then .

I'm wondering if these leds are any goos or not , even thinking of goong back to hps if things another better after testing Epsom salt and few other things

Porky1982

Porky1982

Studies as far back as the 90’s show uvb increases thc (not other tested canabanoids) used the last 2 weeks. Up to 5% increase has been achieved. Ex. 20% to 25% after uvb.

Uva like led offers at this point may help with plant health and has shown increased flavanoids in some food crops.
Could you put a link to these studies because according to this bloke there has only been 1 study and it was in the 80s. I have a mate who just bought the uv lights from Cali light works and his buds looked and smoked just the same as before. Personally I think uv is being pushed by light company’s to make more money.

Porky1982

Porky1982

$0.02

I use the California Lightworks UVB for prolly 2 years now.....for sure noticed a difference right out of the gate. Would not want to be without it!! Cost is around a $100.

Last 2 weeks for 3 hours a day....some strains can handle longer than 3 hours.

Specs:

• Supplemental UVB-24 watt T5 Fluorescent.
  • Improves resin development and potency.
  • Used during the last few weeks of flowering.
  • Piggyback design offers up to 10 unit installations from a single outlet.
  • Covers 4' x 4' at 3' above the canopy.
  • UVB bulb is included.
  • Measures 23" x 4" x 2"
What difference did you notice??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Could you put a link to these studies because according to this bloke there has only been 1 study and it was in the 80s. I have a mate who just bought the uv lights from Cali light works and his buds looked and smoked just the same as before. Personally I think uv is being pushed by light company’s to make more money.

I dont have the links anymore they were in an old laptop and old phone. I did most of this research a couple years ago.

But the migro dude says a lot of inaccurate stuff in my opinion.

Solis tech designed a finishing metal halide bulb with special glass and boosted uvb for increasing thc using it the last 2 weeks of flowering like a decade ago.

And there are 100’s of articles and tests out there. On riu the led guys are even comparing uva and uvb now. Led vs. flourescent essentially.

i suggest avoiding youtube for cannabis info. Or any info really. ;-)

Porky1982

Porky1982

I dont have the links anymore they were in an old laptop and old phone. I did most of this research a couple years ago.

But the migro dude says a lot of inaccurate stuff in my opinion.

Solis tech designed a finishing metal halide bulb with special glass and boosted uvb for increasing thc using it the last 2 weeks of flowering like a decade ago.

And there are 100’s of articles and tests out there. On riu the led guys are even comparing uva and uvb now. Led vs. flourescent essentially.

i suggest avoiding youtube for cannabis info. Or any info really. ;-)
I disagree. I find his stuff relevant, on point and unbiased.
If someone made a bulb 10 years ago why is nobody using it now.
As for the studies on uv and cannabis there is no real peer reviewed evidence on it that’s why you don’t have any links to add.
I’ll say it again I think it’s a marketing gimmick from light company’s as my mates stuff was no different from before he added the uv lights. He used the same cuts and growing technique so it was a fair comparison.

Top Bottom