Lighthouse
Supporter
^^ but we didn't act surprised if the pigs rolled up and caused a scene

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Followed or hearts and dreams....
We sold out everything, 2 homes in city moved to country on 2 acres started a small farm, poultry, dairy goats, huge garden, I sobered up, took 13 years of hard work to get where we are today, not rich, just pay the bills and reinvest profit in farm, buy as little from store as possible, a good life, grow your own, sometimes shit get crazy with all the work, but work is good for mind and body especially when closing in on 60 years old, most kick back for me it's farming and fishing, and fishing and farming, eating nutrient dense food and thrive due to our choice to make real food #1 priority.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

What do you Thcfarmers think of evergreen? I'm looking at houses there today.

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I grew up in Conifer, don't live in Colorado anymore though...I do plan on moving back someday and it will be in that area...Conifer, Pine Junction, Bailey, Kittredge...I just dream of being able to have my own legal weed garden...

A long time ago, somebody gave me some advice... Don't make your hobby your business because once you do it's no longer fun... Now, I didn't always take this advice and I've started two businesses where my hobby/passion became my business...They both became noticeably less fun after time and I burned myself out...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Bummer Johnny, I disagree though

Dowhatyoulove

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I loved doing Construction for 32 years. Building stuff was great.
Even if my boss was the one getting rich..I was happy.
Then
I couldnt pass the drug tests with out cheating..
and work was getting slow from the economy so I bailed.
Im gettin my pension while the gettins good ;)

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Ken, it could be the way I go about things...I tend to work 24/7 and take very little time off...

squiggly

squiggly

Respect bro.

When I was 20 saved up, bought my mom a car, took her old shitty car and about $350 bucks and moved to the town that had the university I wanted to go to in it. I was behind on rent my 2nd month living here cuz I only found a job 2 weeks in....at Subway.

Clawed my way up, eventually had enough saved to start at the community college half time. Years later I'm about ready to leave this bitch degrees in hand.

Just put that nose to the grindstone and make it happen. This place was alien to me when I came, now it feels like home I've been here so long. I know every street, every road, every little nook and cranny. Hell I've done the lion's share of my growing up here I reckon.

Hope you find a job brother, best of luck!

4x4

4x4

I grew up in Conifer, don't live in Colorado anymore though...I do plan on moving back someday and it will be in that area...Conifer, Pine Junction, Bailey, Kittredge...I just dream of being able to have my own legal weed garden...

A long time ago, somebody gave me some advice... Don't make your hobby your business because once you do it's no longer fun... Now, I didn't always take this advice and I've started two businesses where my hobby/passion became my business...They both became noticeably less fun after time and I burned myself out...

Yep, good way to screw up a hobby is to do it for work. I used to LIKE computers...

Top Bottom