I need a new high volume trimmer $4,000 to $15,000

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Trim Pal or Triminator ??????--- Haven't heard much about the triminator but my buddy in Chico used it last year and said he really got it dialed in by the end of the outdoor harvest...... I don't want to wet trim--- I know how good the twister can be and I have used it before but I really like the idea of dry trimming and having a large crew of people touch it up a little as you start to stockpile your 80 percent finished buds.... Anyone else have experience with the triminator

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Has anyone one here ever heard of taking the Buds at dipping them into water then putting into the Twister A dude told me this a few years ago but never tried it, We do just fine with Clear Cut or Pam for the barrel.

T

Tylrr420

That sounds like a lot of work Oscar I'd deff be willing to try it tho. ICe water has never done me wrong. I wanna get a trim pal so bad but I just feel like it's working twice. Picking off fan leaves and then waiting two weeks to pick off buds. I'm way to fucking impatient. I need my bud dry in a week not 3. As far as trich damage prevention on the twister, strain selection is key imo. When I first started running it i thought I wanted those buds with the tight "kush" structure, that way blades would be making SOLID contact while the tumbler tumbled them. After running strains like gg4 that have a more interesting structure (kinda foxtailie) I have realized the blade don't rub the buds so much since only the high spots are making blade contact u know what I'm saying? My glue comes out of my t4 looking damn good. Other strains with more of a uniform structure per say come out lookin a lil more beat up

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
That sounds like a lot of work Oscar I'd deff be willing to try it tho. ICe water has never done me wrong. I wanna get a trim pal so bad but I just feel like it's working twice. Picking off fan leaves and then waiting two weeks to pick off buds. I'm way to fucking impatient. I need my bud dry in a week not 3. As far as trich damage prevention on the twister, strain selection is key imo. When I first started running it i thought I wanted those buds with the tight "kush" structure, that way blades would be making SOLID contact while the tumbler tumbled them. After running strains like gg4 that have a more interesting structure (kinda foxtailie) I have realized the blade don't rub the buds so much since only the high spots are making blade contact u know what I'm saying? My glue comes out of my t4 looking damn good. Other strains with more of a uniform structure per say come out lookin a lil more beat up
That is why I have never tried the water deal, way to much messing around IMHO but I have great luck with the Pam sprayed on the Barrel also we have the T2s I have never used the T4 models how you liking it compared to the T2 ?

T

Tylrr420

To be honest I've never used a t2. It's funny u ask tho cause the dude who sold me my t4 hit me up the other day asking if I wanted to buy his t2 for 7,800. Hard to pass up but the t4 is all I could ever need. I can't even keep the t4 fed consistently with my full crew. I also like the idea of the smaller barrel in the t4 anyways, kinda makes me think the buds don't get thrown around by the vaccuum so
Much. I'm sure this isn't the case that's prolly just how my crazy mind justifys not buying that t2 LOL! Twister has the most solid custo service too. Cool ass cats. They take care of u if there is a prob I can tell u that! Can you tell me why you prefer oil over ice water? Do u notice a darker green color afterwards?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has anyone one here ever heard of taking the Buds at dipping them into water then putting into the Twister A dude told me this a few years ago but never tried it, We do just fine with Clear Cut or Pam for the barrel.
A guy I know via FB has talked about dipping scissors in water and trimming. He says it's one of the oldest ways, but it is/was news to me. I used the organic olive oil cooking spray you can get at places like Safeway, but I did have some problems getting it completely cleaned off because I trim at a higher RH than others. So for that I used a product I was sent from Harvest Solutions called Quick Snip (sp?). No scent, flowers tested out clean so I don't think it left any kind of residue. I believe it's a food grade petroleum distillate, not 100% sure about that, but it did a really good job getting the heavier resin coatings off more easily.

Brandon B

Brandon B

We have had great success with Trim Pal dry trimmer. I've tried many brands they work well but will never go back to trimming wet. I've seen wet trimming burses and darken your product, Also your unable to dry on the vine of the plant, you have to dry in racks and that causes the product to loose some of its smell. You're able to trim about 4 lbs every 15 min. Price is about 4k to 5k you can get the best deals on Ebay or www.Hydroponicsinc.com Take a look at some you tube videos

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So I went ahead and got the triminator dry trimmer. Got it for 4700 bucks out the door. We messed around with it for a while and ran some premature broken branches and wasn't sure how much I liked it. Boy was I wrong. We have it down now. We buck everything like crazy so it's gonna be the same size as in the turkey bag. We have 8 workers and with a good amount of material stock piled I don't have any doubt we will be able to do 35 to 40 units per 9 hour day. Boom!!!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Boom! Shoot me a link where you got that trimmer for 4700. Great deal

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Santa Rosa hydroponics. It's on moorland avenue. They love me there and I know that they hate one of the competing stores so whenevr I make a big purchase I just tell them the other store will do it at this amazing price and they instantly match it and almost never call to check if I just made up the number cause they hate the other store so much

T

Tylrr420

Just sold my twister t4 for a trim pal. Can't wait to try the trim pal. I'm sure I'll love it

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Your gonna like it. It's all about getting the correct dryness and getting a system down to process the littles. Bucking down really really well is crucial.

T

Tylrr420

Yeah bucking correctly is crucial on t4 too. What do u want to do specifically with the littles? Run them separate?

T

Tylrr420

Who has used a green broz AND a trimpal. What's better and why? I'm about to snag a used greenbroz off craigslist for 1100 so I guess I can't pass that down! But I'm wondering if im missin out!?

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Who has used a green broz AND a trimpal. What's better and why? I'm about to snag a used greenbroz off craigslist for 1100 so I guess I can't pass that down! But I'm wondering if im missin out!?
I'm interested in the same comparison. If you don't like your Greenborz let me know and I'll buy it :party1:

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

My friend sells the large green bros machine. The expensive large one that's diamond plated. He did a demo for me and i thought it was pretty cool. I ended up getting the triminator and think that I made a good decision. I think a lot of the dry machines are very similar. Get the herb really good and dry and buck it down perfectly and you still need to touch it up a little bit after. The green bros machine needed constant attention and seemed like a lot of the stuff would build up and you were constantly messing with it. But it leaves the buds in better shape. The triminator is less labor intensive but it hurts the buds a tiny bit more.

Top Bottom