I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
200ppm, thats what i thought. last time i checked it said it was running 275 but this time its running 200. its always ran around 175-200ppm, it was weird when it ran 275, now its back to 200. then if i filter it, probably would filter down to 75ppm but im not sure ill have to re-run that test too.

Edit: 125ppm after brita filter.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I have been filtering my humidifier water thru the brita so hopefully it will help those white specks on my plants. Useful idea or am i wasting my time?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I didn’t start small enough
Im currently downsizing, went from a 4x4 tent to a 2x4, dropping plant count down to 2 as things die off. I do have NEW seeds started, but theyre going to be for the new plastic pots i got coming, im going to start completely over with the new methods, if i need to run multiple tents, i can do so, im not worried about space, i have enough lights for everything currently going, but these will be the last seeds started after this everything that dies im not going to replace like i have been, and ill just drop down to 2, easier to keep track of until i get going good. But, i feel like transplanting these already fucked plants to the plastic pots is kind of not really following the idea, i dont want to work with a already fucked up plant in my new method, i wont know if my new method worked or not. So ill be dropping for sure. Nooby mistakes, ill get there!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have been filtering my humidifier water thru the brita so hopefully it will help those white specks on my plants. Useful idea or am i wasting my time?

You need real low ppm for those sonic humidifiers. They should have a warning on the things. My 150 ppm water clogged my carbon filter and intakes and everything before I figured it out.

I use fan forced whole house portable humidifier now. Holds 6 gallons of water. I use ro but with tap you need the antbiagral liquid.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Ive really just gotta go to walmart with a 50 dollar bill and just stock up a cartload of distilled huh? lol.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Ive really just gotta go to walmart with a 50 dollar bill and just stock up a cartload of distilled huh? lol.

I don't want you to have to spend more money.... but if you have to run a humidifier. Like have no choice. Ro filter will be cheaper.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Come home from work, I RUN To the tent, CHECK THESE BABYS OUT.
I can tell when i water them correctly, because the next day, its like they went through a growth spurt.

Here was my plants before this post, before adjusting some watering techniques and remotivating myself. BEFORE:
IMG 20191216 130403806 1

IMG 20191216 132548791 2

Right after watering, THEY WOULD INSTANTLY showpuffing, and overwatering signs. I would blink myeyes, and BAM, droop!

But look at these ladies, they have looked EXACTLY like this for like, a whole 24 hours now after watering, which is a first for me, i always see droop after watering, this is the first time i havent had any droop 24 hours after watering. check er out!!

IMG 20191218 224157099
IMG 20191218 224154348

Now normally, at this time, 24 hours after watering, my plant would NORMALLY look like this:

IMG 20191216 132537492 1

But na, BECAUSE i fucking watered correctly :D hell fucking yes.

Plastic pots come tomorrow!! Seeds come soon.

Honestly, i kinda wanna chuck out my whole garden, well all the shit plants, and just start overwith my new methods, because now i think i for real have this. But, i wont, i know they do have a chance at bouncing back, and my bigger one is starting to get some darker healthier colors back.
Ahhh, so relieving and motivating.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
(By the way: That flowering plant, is a Northern Lights Autoflower thats been sitting in the back of my tent, ive gotten her pretty far but as u can tell, shes looking horrible lol. She was kinda a practice plant, i dont seem to be a fan of autos. )

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I don't want you to have to spend more money.... but if you have to run a humidifier. Like have no choice. Ro filter will be cheaper.
Spending more money on this will suck, but you know, ive already put a grand, maybe a couple into this, whats a couple dollars more ya know? I do things little by little every payday. So maybe next payday ill start stocking up. I know RO water filter would be cheaper but arent they like 200 bucksish straight up?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Well, ending the day off on a good note. I have a new problem in the garden, and that might be the first good issue ive had. Space. All the girls are thriving. I might just have to move back into the 4x4 at some point! My biggest plant, that i repotted is now getting its color back! i think the roots have found some oxygen, and are recovering. :D My smaller ones are adjusting to my new water habits.
we're not 100 percent recovered, but were on a positive road!

To be honest guys, i think i went from overwatering, to being scared and underwatering unevenly, causing my plants to freak out. i have actually been watering MORE HEAVILY, than usual, but making sure its an even water, and every part of soil is getting saturated, but not overflowed or muddy etc. I have been watering at a more consistant rate now, im starting to get that 3-4 day trend, i know you shouldnt schedule waterings, and im not, but im atleast starting to hit those sweet spots.

Ending the night off on good note in my garden is a very rare, rare, rare, occasion. Im going to grow weed idc if i have to climb mount everest.
IMG 20191219 025156752
IMG 20191219 025201295
IMG 20191219 025152873
IMG 20191219 025147032

One Area of concern?
IMG 20191219 025404907

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Spending more money on this will suck, but you know, ive already put a grand, maybe a couple into this, whats a couple dollars more ya know? I do things little by little every payday. So maybe next payday ill start stocking up. I know RO water filter would be cheaper but arent they like 200 bucksish straight up?

Thats what my stealth 100 cost. First grow shop I used when i got my original stuff talked me into it. Lol.

My 2500 square foot rated compact house humidifier only cost $100. Keeps the plants and the people here at 45%- 60% RH.

But i need 2 $200 70 pint dehumidifiers or a commercial 100 pint would do it. To keep my porous basement dry and consequently the whole house.

And of course a higher electric bill.

Environment is the most important factor in my opinion. Stable hospitable environment.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Damn, spoiled again here.

I hold 45-55 RH% year round without issues. Never seen 30, never seen above 65%.

What i dont get is warm temps lol. high 40's low 50s is possible indoors during the peak of winter.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Cozmo, glad to see you end on a positive note yesterday and some of your plants are rebounding quickly. I got some stuff I want to post here after this weekend, if that's ok so you can see my water technique. Not that I have the end all beat all best ever watering tech, but just something you can see as a point of reference. I do my heavy water this weekend so its good for you to get an idea. One other thing I noticed, its not that big a deal but every little bit helps. Your floor fan is pointed straight up. You may want to consider changing the configuration on it. If you were to point it down instead of straight up, and aim it at that empty front corner you would start to get a swirl air flow instead of just a steady wind blowing up. Think about bouncing the air off 2 walls before it gets to the plants, that starts a swirl air flow, as well as reducing the likelihood of wind damage. Will it be perfect like the high dollar commercial fans, no, but at least that way the air will circulate through you plants. Move that seedling to the center of your plants though, it is too young for anything but slight breeze.

Edit: make sure to set fan to lowest setting to start

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey Cozmo, glad to see you end on a positive note yesterday and some of your plants are rebounding quickly. I got some stuff I want to post here after this weekend, if that's ok so you can see my water technique. Not that I have the end all beat all best ever watering tech, but just something you can see as a point of reference. I do my heavy water this weekend so its good for you to get an idea. One other thing I noticed, its not that big a deal but every little bit helps. Your floor fan is pointed straight up. You may want to consider changing the configuration on it. If you were to point it down instead of straight up, and aim it at that empty front corner you would start to get a swirl air flow instead of just a steady wind blowing up. Think about bouncing the air off 2 walls before it gets to the plants, that starts a swirl air flow, as well as reducing the likelihood of wind damage. Will it be perfect like the high dollar commercial fans, no, but at least that way the air will circulate through you plants. Move that seedling to the center of your plants though, it is too young for anything but slight breeze.

Edit: make sure to set fan to lowest setting to start

Done, done, and done! The fans have been changed! I pointed it upward so it wasnt directly on the plants, but i changed that around.

Woke up this morning,(colorado about 920am right now) about 9 hours later from those pics i took up there, plants are starting to droop. the ones that ive out through hell. the ones i watered correctly are already 9 feet tall. Lmao, nah you get my point though, theyre doing great. Its definitely a learning experience because now i know that i have to be good from the get go, or i will have problems my wholeeeee run. Or, atleast for awhile. Now that i started these plants off bad, im sure im going to have to work to rebound them. Nonetheless, they do still look a HELL of a lot better, so i will post pics in a bit.

Question: Light goes off in 4 hours, But my plants budsites start to puff up like i overwatered, i dont understand why this tends to happen near lights out? Ive been growing long enough now, i do know the average "night droop" when the plants go to sleep, and its not this.. This is a leaf curling/puffyness type deal. This happens to a couple, not just one, but two or 3 of them.

Hidden, I would HIGHLY appreciate any watering advice you may have. I have, somewhat of a method working now, but if i can find a better method, or a more stable one, it would be nice, right now i am just aiming to go as evenly accross the pot as possible, where i never really focused on that before. I dont really have a true method i guess, just pour slowly and aim lol.

They do look better though (plants) :)

Im getting there! I cant wait to be able to be like some of the guys on here, the ones that get bored throw a seed in some soil and harvest pounds. Where as, you have me, throw a seed in some soil, and drown the fuck out of it, or dont feed enough like fuck hahahah.

Plants look a lot better!

A little more rough this morning as stated^ But its okay, im not letting it get me down i know these plants have had a rough start. Im going to have to have a strong bounceback. Thanks for the vibes finisher!

bunkerking

bunkerking

Your roots are damanged - you'll have alot of misleading stuff happening up top. They need to heal and then we can see what it needs. Imo.

Top Bottom