IM back !! SF4000 and BeanStalk CRF

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Off topic here but did u build that wall art tree in the background? I love it I need one.
First person that’s mentioned that since I’ve been on the farm. No I didn’t make it. I did however, find it in the trash. I had to have it.

Still nice, cause it's regulating; I see them on some of the higher end SF fans now, actually. A bit above my usual budget for an item like this. They've certainly become affordable finally, it seems. It's always a constant battle, in my mind. Truly grasping how much tight environmental controls can really throw it over the top, or hold things back. Your basement seemed exceptionally consistent, if I remember right.

That's where we either start being honest with ourselves; or not. 😌 The grow is never going to hold any more potential than the grow parameter. (genetics aside) Just like genetics limit our grows. It's that way with intensity, temps; humidity; water; pH; ventilation, dust and contamination filtering, nutrition, fluid dynamics, ect, ect, ect.. Doing something different makes you adapt to optimize in any given situation.

There's a whole plethora of x factors that I believe enhance or deter quality. Genetics can be there; but if everything else isn't meticulously maintained, especially during early; mid and late ripening stages. How crowded a room is, ect that really contribute a great deal to success; or not.
I agree frank.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Day 39 flower. Forza Sans Souci- BloomSeed Co. Really starting to ripen up. Super dense and sticky. Dealing with a mag def, thinking of watering in some epsom salt. Will that mess with terps? I think I can ride it out another 25-30 days. At this rate I think she’ll be done around 63-65days.

77B8C006 A555 46A0 AA73 77E8717F8280
ABE6254B 8359 4EDC 8E9F 7E186857BAA7
26BFF1A9 B195 4318 A2FB F02BD32CD98F
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Day 39 flower. Forza Sans Souci- BloomSeed Co. Really starting to ripen up. Super dense and sticky. Dealing with a mag def, thinking of watering in some epsom salt. Will that mess with terps? I think I can ride it out another 25-30 days. At this rate I think she’ll be done around 63-65days.
Epsom salt is good for terp production, sulphur/sulphate in general is one of the most important nutrients for aroma. I use a shot of mag pro at flip, and again from about week 4 to week 7 of flower. But I used to just use Epsom salts for the same reason.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Epsom salt is good for terp production, sulphur/sulphate in general is one of the most important nutrients for aroma. I use a shot of mag pro at flip, and again from about week 4 to week 7 of flower. But I used to just use Epsom salts for the same reason.
Thanks brother. Appreciate the feedback.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Iirc with Epsom salt I used to use way less than most people recommend, somewhere around 1/4tsp per gallon of nutrient solution.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
This run I’m using beanstalk CRF. No mixing nutrients. They are mixed into the media. Water with only RO so shall I add 1/4tsp per gal of RO? Then just water in.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Looking beautiful man good stuff. That deficiency not looking too bad. 👍 BTW Burns Im sitting on a bunch of potted clones right now you should cruise over in about a week or two they will be perfect I just put them in the dirt. I will hook you up I got the Lemon Wookie Glue that you gave me that one is fire. I also got a brand new strain Ice Cream Cake my hommie hooked me up with a grip of freebie cuts I haven't ran it but the stem rub is rude and he said its flame. Got a XXX OG you can have and also my standby Fire OG that's always in the mix. I happen to have all of them right now with plenty to spare. Me casa su casa homie just let me know. I know you'r working a lot but I'm at the pad almost all the time. Im just saying LOL. Peace ✌️

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looking beautiful man good stuff. That deficiency not looking too bad. 👍 BTW Burns Im sitting on a bunch of potted clones right now you should cruise over in about a week or two they will be perfect I just put them in the dirt. I will hook you up I got the Lemon Wookie Glue that you gave me that one is fire. I also got a brand new strain Ice Cream Cake my hommie hooked me up with a grip of freebie cuts I haven't ran it but the stem rub is rude and he said its flame. Got a XXX OG you can have and also my standby Fire OG that's always in the mix. I happen to have all of them right now with plenty to spare. Me casa su casa homie just let me know. I know you'r working a lot but I'm at the pad almost all the time. Im just saying LOL. Peace ✌️
Fuxk yeah sounds good brotha. This is an extra busy time of year with a lot of OT. But yes I’ll take some cuts in a couple weeks or after Christmas. Is it that purple ass cut of ICC but is gassy? I smoked some ICC that was super gassy the other day. I was hoping for a bag seed. Appreciate you.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Fuxk yeah sounds good brotha. This is an extra busy time of year with a lot of OT. But yes I’ll take some cuts in a couple weeks or after Christmas. Is it that purple ass cut of ICC but is gassy? I smoked some ICC that was super gassy the other day. I was hoping for a bag seed. Appreciate you.
Yes I think its the gassy one. I don't know for sure but the guy had 7 strains going all top shelf. I told my homie to ask him what is the very best of all and he said the ICC. Based upon the smell of the cuts Id say it will be gassy as fuck. Im running Skunk #1 as well as an old school rude blueberry. The ICC cuts smell just as potent as those others. So for a candy strain it seems like its gonna be a good one. Im usually anti Fruit and Candy almost everything is old school gas in my mix however Im down to throw in just a little sugar every now and ten LOL 😂

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Also BTW the ICC cuts are still in my EZcloner I just put them in about 4 days ago they are gonna need a few weeks for roots and maybe another 1 week in the pot. So maybe 3 weeks for them. The others are a bit further along they will be ready sooner.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Also BTW the ICC cuts are still in my EZcloner I just put them in about 4 days ago they are gonna need a few weeks for roots and maybe another 1 week in the pot. So maybe 3 weeks for them. The others are a bit further along they will be ready sooner.
That’s perfect timing. This one plant might go 10+ weeks so we should be good. I think I’ll need 2 cuts one of each and I’ll run those 2 next. If that’s the ICC I’m looking for then I’ll be running that cut for a while hahahah. Wet day today

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Iirc with Epsom salt I used to use way less than most people recommend, somewhere around 1/4tsp per gallon of nutrient solution.
Agree fully with dirtbag here; 1/4-1/2 tsp/L is what I use, and actually use it during the first weeks of flower, until bud development takes over. Needs to be dissolved well. Not much is needed. Natural pH of epsom salt is near perfect @6.5 and personally, I use the cheap stuff from dollar store with trace amounts of lavender (linalool terpenes) in it.

I'll agree sulfur affects terpenes and taste, I'll agree it's a component. For me: seems like the real stink factor is locked inside amino acids; both complex (fluvic) and very simple ones. (serene; GABA) and other (acidic) growth hormones. triacontanol; Salicylic acid; auxins; cytokinin; brassinosteroid; enzymes; ect. Trace vitamins and minerals.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Personally, I'd balance the ph with it at least. But, I also wouldn't use pure RO either. That could be why you're seeing some deficiencies.
I've been adding amino acids to my rinse water lately. (1/4 tsp per gal.) It's ideal buffer, and can be taken up by the flowers.
Serene and gamma-Aminobutyric acid; ie. −COO− + −NH+3 Or the beginnings of CO2 + nitride.

I like the ideas of putting more neurotransmitters into the mix. The leaves love it; greens up fast and produces lots of chlorophyll.

Plants looking nice and frosty; IMO; what I see in there doesn't look so much like a Mag+ issue; but more of a potassium one; possibly; either too much or two little. Seems to be isolated at the end tips, correct?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I've been adding amino acids to my rinse water lately. (1/4 tsp per gal.) It's ideal buffer, and can be taken up by the flowers.
Serene and gamma-Aminobutyric acid; ie. −COO− + −NH+3 Or the beginnings of CO2 + nitride.

I like the ideas of putting more neurotransmitters into the mix. The leaves love it; greens up fast and produces lots of chlorophyll.

Plants looking nice and frosty; IMO; what I see in there doesn't look so much like a Mag+ issue; but more of a potassium one; possibly; either too much or two little. Seems to be isolated at the end tips, correct?
Starts out there. But also along the edges of the leafs. I don’t think it’s anything to be worries about with only 3+ weeks to go. And after further research I think I’m looking at a K def. But the plant is crushing along. Buds are dense and very sticky.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Agree, l see K- also.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Starts out there. But also along the edges of the leafs. I don’t think it’s anything to be worries about with only 3+ weeks to go. And after further research I think I’m looking at a K def. But the plant is crushing along. Buds are dense and very sticky.
Agreed; it's actually a good position to deteriorate; IMO; vs anywhere else. Cause it's a controlled demise of the plant, regulated to the outmost tip; if that can be kept to that area, your gold. A controlled demise, whatever. Just need to keep an eye; make sure it's not progressing inward.

Not sure if it's plus or minus; but it really doesn't matter much. I think potassium is far more important in trichome development than I currently comprehend: looks to be an major ion at this stage of development.

Just looking at the plant itself; it looks higher end; possibly. But that could be genetic traits shining though also. High K+ appears to promote stem elongation and straw like features also; at least in my experience. In addition; Magnesium deficiency can cause purple stems; but that's also highly genetic also.

Seems like there's always competition between certain ions of metals @ any given ratio.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Makes complete sense frank. Thanks for all your help and insight. Next run will be much better as I have a better understanding of these nutrients. I still think it’s low on the P side @ only 3% the whole run. I wonder if there is something I can amend into the coco to give it a higher P through the grow. I’m gunna take a video with lights out.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Day 40 flower. Check it out y’all. Yikes but the buds look so great I don’t really wanna mess with anything. Looks like the foliage at the bottom is super lush and green. So it’s from the top down. This plant is directly under the light @ +\- 10 inches. Leaf surface temps range from 76-81 with lights on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom