Is she dying or worth to keep going?

• Thread starter abrakota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
abrakota

abrakota

if you are looking at increasing the number of wet dry cycles she goes through add some areation typically those types of soil lack in the department. currently watering every 2 days in your situation is fine. some people drown their roots in full saturation for days on end, and this on advice..
I pushed a bit the soil to dry more because of the fungus gnats! So if they ddont find wet soil they cant put the eggs on the dry one! But with pyrethrin and traps and dry soil i keep the population very low!
I also have 2 8" pc fans on top of the soil to dry it even faster, and bother the gnats to land on it 😁

Btw on the bloom stage that i am now, how i can increase the amount of Nitrogen? That i did is kept the same schedule with all the nutrients ii am using, just increased the frequency of feeding! Is that correct? or should i use the grow nute that has mostly Nitrogen?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Very low population, maybe i see 2-3 every day.. and the traps mostly clear!
cover your topsoil next grow bro, gnats cause damage at the roots
Just a thought, that i did is to increase the frequency of feeding with the bloom nutrients that also have Nitrogen, is this correct?
without knowing what nutrients you are feeding, i can confirm you definitely want to add n throughout the bloom phase, this isnt any more than you where feeding during later stages of veg

T

trichonometry

Common soil, nothing special, just ph around 6

I usually water my plant when the soil is almost fully dried! For that soil and all the conditions after 3-4 days and never had underwatering issues!
I checked though that with 3Lt of water i had a little bit of runoff just to take some measurements like ph and EC! So i usually water with 2.5Lt so no runoff at all
Last time i watered was 2 days ago, and due to signs of N deficiency, i fed today (after 2 days of pure watering), with 2Lt of water+nutes, and still no runoff, thats means that the plant drunk all the water (2,5Lt) in 2 days! I think i will keep watering after 2 days and i will use feed-feed-water-feed-feed-water schedule! Btw i dont have so much time to check things out because i already am at 70days, maybe i have 2-3 weeks until the end of the trip!
credit where it is due! you managed to get a plant to flower - with soil that doesn't drain so well. don't know how you did it. i've tried, didnt go well at all... pulled out most of my hair in the process

think there is a guideline for water retention being about 5-10% of pot volume. that's the guide I go by when testing water retention. much more than 15% then I found it is too heavy for the plant. mix in some stones, coco, peat moss next time if you can.

but that's just what I've learned in my short time growing. You are breaking all known natural laws here. you are like the bumble bee of growing. don't know how it works, but it does

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I posted some pics a couple of days before, and @GNick55 also said that he sees N deficiency
ok for me its hard to establish from your photos because i cant tell whether they are light in color or if its your camera..
id move my plant into natural light to confirm colors
and i found your using gh, lots of people here running hydro nutes in soil with deficiencies. this is not where my experience lies so im gonna retreat a little and so what others are finding

abrakota

abrakota

ok for me its hard to establish from your photos because i cant tell whether they are light in color or if its your camera..
id move my plant into natural light to confirm colors
and i found your using gh, lots of people here running hydro nutes in soil with deficiencies. this is not where my experience lies so im gonna retreat a little and so what others are finding
Ok i will get some fresh pics i a while..
I have yellow leaves worst on bottom and some olders that are easy to brake!
I think its kind of n def

abrakota

abrakota

credit where it is due! you managed to get a plant to flower - with soil that doesn't drain so well. don't know how you did it. i've tried, didnt go well at all... pulled out most of my hair in the process

think there is a guideline for water retention being about 5-10% of pot volume. that's the guide I go by when testing water retention. much more than 15% then I found it is too heavy for the plant. mix in some stones, coco, peat moss next time if you can.

but that's just what I've learned in my short time growing. You are breaking all known natural laws here. you are like the bumble bee of growing. don't know how it works, but it does
This soil is a mix btw, it has also some peat moss for sure, and i have used the same in my previous crop with white widow, if you see at the 2nd page of this threads i have pictures!

abrakota

abrakota

@GreenGalaxyFarm look at the pictures, it is the best i can shoot
Hope it helps

IMG 20230203 133837 1

IMG 20230203 133755 1

IMG 20230203 133646 1

abrakota

abrakota

It's the time reading again and again your notes, that you realize that your plant is not hungry..... IS STARVING!
Most days are **No Nutrients** and the feeding days the food is almost zero!!
Tell me i am wrong plz!
Jan 23

abrakota

abrakota

Update guys with some pictures and a video

Things are going pretty good i think, we are getting there slowly but steady
Buds are fattening and smells are amazing!!
I am feeding every watering now and things are already looks way better!

IMG 20230206 140509 1

IMG 20230206 140527 1

IMG 20230206 140611 1

IMG 20230206 140256 1

abrakota

abrakota

Hey guys, how does she look?
Do you think 3-4 weeks more? Really cant wait for the results !!
Take a look of some nice pics..

IMG 20230209 100901

IMG 20230209 101137

IMG 20230209 101154 1

IMG 20230209 101203 1

With the lights off...
IMG 20230209 101423

IMG 20230209 101517

Top Bottom