Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ajgrows

ajgrows

Since I need to fulfill my urge to do something with the plants, I'm just going to work on editing microscope photos and leave these breadcrumbs here for future me to make wise decisions after.

Day 1

IMG 5672

ajgrows

ajgrows

This unnamed soldier is lookin a little wobbly today, so I put a prop in to help keep her from gettin bent. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and add more dirt now to help out instead of trying to wait until I transplant when she's bigger. I want to add a tiny bit of Recharge tomorrow either way. Thoughts?

IMG 5677

Lilolme

Lilolme

This unnamed soldier is lookin a little wobbly today, so I put a prop in to help keep her from gettin bent. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and add more dirt now to help out instead of trying to wait until I transplant when she's bigger. I want to add a tiny bit of Recharge tomorrow either way. Thoughts?

View attachment 1169162
They come equipped with enough energy stored to last a couple of week and only need water, it needs an ever so slight breeze to strengthen it if you help it every step of the way it will never be strong and fall over and die

amekins

amekins

View attachment 1169162
Leave it the fuck alone. Why does it need recharge??? Think about it.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Because it make her strong like bull
But seriously, it's what RealGrowers recommends in their feed chart and I don't see how a gram is going to hurt anything.

EDIT: Christ, not a gram for the plant. I'll math that down to whatever the measurement is for a very small amount of water.

Lilolme

Lilolme

But seriously, it's what RealGrowers recommends in their feed chart and I don't see how a gram is going to hurt anything.

EDIT: Christ, not a gram for the plant. I'll math that down to whatever the measurement is for a very small amount of water.
Why do you keep sabotaging yourself? Give it time to get a little root growth and learn how to be a plant

amekins

amekins

I watered in some Recharge when I germinated it 8...9 days ago? How would adding a very small amount to the water I'm giving it tomorrow anyway be of any harm?
The seed has everything it needs except water and light for the first two weeks. Additionally, she’s in an enriched soil and will have all she needs from that for weeks. You don’t have the experience or success yet to start adding what isn’t even needed yet.

ajgrows

ajgrows

The seed has everything it needs except water and light for the first two weeks. Additionally, she’s in an enriched soil and will have all she needs from that for weeks. You don’t have the experience or success yet to start adding what isn’t even needed yet.
This is bacteria. I doubt it breaks anything down in 2 weeks that will make HF too hot. This is for the seedling pot that I've been misting twice a day, every day. I'm still not touching the 5g pot.

LOOKIE LOOKIE Local hydro store came through for me 😎

IMG 5678

ajgrows

ajgrows

Went to snap the daily microscope photo and notice that THERES SHIT CRAWLING ON MY PLANT. I got bugs 🤦‍♂️ I think aphids. They're crawling in and out of the soil. JFC.

IMG 5685

IMG 5687

HighRootz

HighRootz

Dump that soil that's in the pot and start over. Hate to say it but you got a RA infestation that needs to be addressed first and foremost before replanting any beans. I would spray down that pot with an insecticide and let it air out if reusing

ajgrows

ajgrows

Dump that soil that's in the pot and start over. Hate to say it but you got a RA infestation that needs to be addressed first and foremost before replanting any beans. I would spray down that pot with an insecticide and let it air out if reusing
Yeah, I'm leaning toward that. I'm going to try and fight them first, just for the learning lesson. I'm also wondering if they were in the OF soil bag and what's been inexplicably killing all my plants. In my neophyte mind, it seems to make sense since the plants all looked like they were damping off in a very dry environment. I never looked at any with the microscope before this one, to even see if there were root aphids. I did some research after seeing what CN thought was an aphid skin the other day so I top dressed with w/ cayenne after snapping the pics yesterday. My neighbor has Neem oil, and I'm also thinking of springing for some nematodes to water in. I have always used fresh pots and soil on each attempt, but I'm definitely pitching this one if I can't eradicate them.

Top Bottom