L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Just finished reading all 16 pages. Gotta say, I'm more confused now than before. Am I wasting my time with my Mars TS1000 and TS600? I'm a new grower, my place is typically pretty warm (75-80) year round, and this is all fitting in a 2x3x5 tent.
Guys are killing it with those lights. Just grow the plants man. ❤🌱

I've been doing this for a long time, first under MH/HPS now LED and I fucked up and killed a lot of plants along the way. I can guarantee you it was never once the light's fault. 🤷‍♂️

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have a question for HPS growers who switched to only LEDs:

How easy was it to get used to heating the tent properly when you switched?

I'm just curious because if you think about it, all these low quality lights are fine as long as you can control the heat easily. Not sure if that makes sense.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
True to a point. But when the builder has built it all. You look for ways. That might be a new hammer.
I will build you a golden house:)
Made of marijuana leaves and hang led lights outside instead of the sun!!
4629DFB9 45AF 45E0 BD14 1A8A23B5D1AA

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

I'm just curious because if you think about it, all these low quality lights are fine as long as you can control the heat easily. Not sure if that makes sense.
Going to from hps to leds, i had no problem with heat in my tents. I do rum hlg leds and they run much cooler than my hps or the cmh light I tried before led. I did had to adjust my feeding a little though.

growsince79

growsince79

Its a learning cure for sure. With HID you know right away if the light is too close. Led you dont know until you damage the plant. That's my experience so far. Also having to switch back to HPS when it gets cold like now. Its either use an extra 150w light and stay warm or use a 1000w space heater to stay warm

Arwood

Arwood

True. But a professional home builder would never -ever use harbor freight nail guns. For the DIY backyard carpenter like me they are fine.
tbh not sure HF is even great for backyard carpenters. I've had 2 HF tools catch fire when used as intended. I don't have any experience with their nail guns, but I've had 2 of their drills catch fire and pretty much all my bits and sockets are wrecked with light use. Have some husky tools from years ago and they're still holding up very well.

growsince79

growsince79

tbh not sure HF is even great for backyard carpenters. I've had 2 HF tools catch fire when used as intended. I don't have any experience with their nail guns, but I've had 2 of their drills catch fire and pretty much all my bits and sockets are wrecked with light use. Have some husky tools from years ago and they're still holding up very well.
I was a carpenter in my younger days. So I have plenty of experience with good ones. I built a chicken coop and a shed with hf and they suck. They still work but they have always been jammin pos.

Anthem

Anthem

I am sorry to hear that, HF tools are useful to a point. But I believe your experience is not unique.

greenscholar

greenscholar

I have a floor nailer from there I’ve had for 8 years, I put down maybe 6-10 a year. Always worked perfect. Maybe I got lucky.

greenscholar

greenscholar

I watt produces the same amount of heat regardless where it comes from, lesser watts less heat.

Arwood

Arwood

I was a carpenter in my younger days. So I have plenty of experience with good ones. I built a chicken coop and a shed with hf and they suck. They still work but they have always been jammin pos.

The other day I was driving 3" nails using my last few HF bits. I got about 3 screws in before my philips tip cracked. Is Mars Hydro the HF of LED lights?

Latest posts

Top Bottom