L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PiffinOut

PiffinOut

i like to grow bushes. And i run a staggered perpetual with plants at all stages. I move my plants around every day. Cobs seem best suited to flower in my style. And the closest replacement for hps style growing.
Let me get this straight. Perpetual meaning, you always have plants comin into flower soon. So like. 4 plants in a room/tent... one in each stage
(1 inPropogation/Germination, 1 inEarly Veg, 1 inLate Veg/Early Flower, and 1 in Harvestable parameters)
and then one drying/curing
As such you prefer not to use a scrog and let them grow bushy so that they are easier to move aroud and dont overcrowd/overshadow others
COBs are compact with good penetration, so they work for growing bushes as opposed to scrogs which I assume would prefer strips or boards

Am I getting that basically correct. Trying to make sure I understand this correctly.
Thanks a bunch.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Let me get this straight. Perpetual meaning, you always have plants comin into flower soon. So like. 4 plants in a room/tent... one in each stage
(1 inPropogation/Germination, 1 inEarly Veg, 1 inLate Veg/Early Flower, and 1 in Harvestable parameters)
and then one drying/curing
As such you prefer not to use a scrog and let them grow bushy so that they are easier to move aroud and dont overcrowd/overshadow others
COBs are compact with good penetration, so they work for growing bushes as opposed to scrogs which I assume would prefer strips or boards

Am I getting that basically correct. Trying to make sure I understand this correctly.
Thanks a bunch.

Yes but its 12-24 plants (my med card has lapsed due to flu) in rotation about 10 days apart for almost 7 years now.

tons of pics in my “perpetual” thread. ;-)

Like this random pic i just grabbed from the file.

0FF6E624 15FC 4E22 9989 0D9E0D7836A5

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

Good points from all of ya. @MIMedGrower My style is similar to yours, perpetual grow, different strains. So Timber cob hlg strip or cheap ass qboard. As a couple of you have mentioned, the construction of the strips can lead to real world issues with cranial contusions... I am clumsy and constantly hit my head on the hid hoods, they flex and bounce back. I can see me chipping my noggin on a strip frame corner one too many times and swatting the whole thing to the ground and stomping it and the plants underneath to a satsfying pulp. I think the timber cob is more impact resistant and has smoother corners lol. Either that or wear a fucking hockey helmet and go hlg....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good points from all of ya. @MIMedGrower My style is similar to yours, perpetual grow, different strains. So Timber cob hlg strip or cheap ass qboard. As a couple of you have mentioned, the construction of the strips can lead to real world issues with cranial contusions... I am clumsy and constantly hit my head on the hid hoods, they flex and bounce back. I can see me chipping my noggin on a strip frame corner one too many times and swatting the whole thing to the ground and stomping it and the plants underneath to a satsfying pulp. I think the timber cob is more impact resistant and has smoother corners lol. Either that or wear a fucking hockey helmet and go hlg....View attachment 1098658

you would knock yourself out On my sun system blockbuster air cooled glass enclosed reflectors. They are double wall steel and powdercoated like a car.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

you would knock yourself out On my sun system blockbuster air cooled glass enclosed reflectors. They are double wall steel and powdercoated like a car.
helmet is sounding better every time I picture that. Funny going to town this evening, following an ambulance with a fucked up led signal light/tail array (850 bucks for the module) brand new...and one of those oh=so beautiful led boards above the pumps at the gas station, this must be 1000W true, 1 year old and blinking away with yet another cheap shit driver fail... I think I am selling out to new engineered-by-millenial-throw away garbage by buying an LED. Seems like a violation of my principals of quality engineering and getting what you pay for... Imma gonna save the planet of all the terrible led product toxic waste and stay with hid, , besides all you yunguns will have NO PROBLEM using electricity because like it comes from the sun eh? Fuck i'm wondering what our Ministry of Transport did with the million or so 1000W outdoor sodium streetlamp fixtures they replaced the last cpl years?

HydroLynx

HydroLynx

Am saving 1000's of bux on LED in terms of power consumption per month, the tech payed for itslef inside a few months. Running 12 x Samsung strips on 600w drivers dimmed down to 60%. Nearly half the electricity bill @360w instead 600. Electricity is expensive these days and the cost of weed has dropped, so for it's great for cash croppers. Building and procuring the only pain.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
How's that old saying go; 'ya buys yer ticket and takes yer chances' ?

Many people here have had success with a wide variety of lights, depending on what they're needs and expectations are. At some point you have to decide who seems to make the most valid case for a product in your price range and go from there. Kinda like fast computers used for drafting or gaming, pricy as hell and always someything better just around the corner.

Hp40596

Hp40596

i think most of the people here missed the point of this thread but i see now why this thread got even opened
im growing 5 years now and started with led's but im constantly trying to improve in quality while quantity is a secondary thing for me
i have only tryed led so far but i were looking throw this thread to find answers .
but all ur talking about is money money and companies , is there anyone who has real experience
and can give me some advice .
i would rly like to give hps a try but not sure

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
So I see this thread on the interweb and got a little concerned. I click on it and start reading backwards, from last page to first page because that what a LED dummy like me does. I got confused and lost as much of it is over my head and this spliff is like putting that blender into hyperdrive. I get to the end or really to the beginning and think to myself...Are my led's arguing? I better go check.
I get in the room, they've been on for a few minutes, and I ask them point blank..."Hey LEDs...Are y'all arguing up in here?"
They responded "Nah Dude, we're just growing some good pot for you ya fucking stoner. See?"

IMG 2524

And I was like "Oh Ok. Cool. Have a good day fellas and keep up the good work because if not for you this botanical gulag wouldn't be possible!"
So they're not arguing and actually seem to be happy and getting along.
Happy Farmin' Farmers! 😋

LEDTonic

LEDTonic

Hey all - does anyone happen to have a PPFD chart for the HLG 260xl RSPEC? HLG publishes charts for pretty much every light they sell, but not this one. Anyone ever come across a chart for the XL on the interwebs? Or made their own? Really having trouble figuring how far to hang/how much to dim in my 2x4. Trying to avoid buying an expensive par meter...

Looking at their website, the lamp seems to have 2.6 µmol/J efficacy. 250 watts x 2.6 = 650 PPF (µmol/s)
2x4' grow area equals 0.72 m2.
650 PPFD divided by 0.72 m2 = 902 PPFD (µmol/m2/s) average
Ligh should be spreading fairly evenly in your grow space at 2'/60cm distance between lamp and plants.

Seedlings 100-200 PPFD (dim to 11-22% power draw)
Early veg 200-300 PPFD (dim to 22-33% power draw)
Late veg 300-400 PPFD (dim to 33-44% power draw)
Early flowering 400-600 PPFD (dim to 44-66% power draw)
Late flowering 600-900 PPFD (dim to 66-100% power draw)

A watt meter will help with a lot of the confusion. Hope this helped! :-)

savagemonk

savagemonk

Looking at their website, the lamp seems to have 2.6 µmol/J efficacy. 250 watts x 2.6 = 650 PPF (µmol/s)
2x4' grow area equals 0.72 m2.
650 PPFD divided by 0.72 m2 = 902 PPFD (µmol/m2/s) average
Ligh should be spreading fairly evenly in your grow space at 2'/60cm distance between lamp and plants.

Seedlings 100-200 PPFD (dim to 11-22% power draw)
Early veg 200-300 PPFD (dim to 22-33% power draw)
Late veg 300-400 PPFD (dim to 33-44% power draw)
Early flowering 400-600 PPFD (dim to 44-66% power draw)
Late flowering 600-900 PPFD (dim to 66-100% power draw)

A watt meter will help with a lot of the confusion. Hope this helped! :-)
Check out scynce 5 phase flower recipe. On their website go to tech talk, spectrums, seasonal

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i think most of the people here missed the point of this thread but i see now why this thread got even opened
im growing 5 years now and started with led's but im constantly trying to improve in quality while quantity is a secondary thing for me
i have only tryed led so far but i were looking throw this thread to find answers .
but all ur talking about is money money and companies , is there anyone who has real experience
and can give me some advice .
i would rly like to give hps a try but not sure
What would you like to know?

Top Bottom