Lack of Vertical Integration Will Kill the Basement Grower

• Thread starter Bud Spleefman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Grow your own period....we know how to learn thats a start and we know how to teach...if you want income security step up your game but thats no reason not to teach. Id rather teach someone how to grow than them depend on me for medicine, most the medicinal value is in the growth not consumption peace

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Those where on 8k and 12k basement setups, $900-$1200 a month in rent, $400-$650 electric, $40-$60 in water...all cost included..again that's a basement grow, a real deal grow house with 35 or 40k burnin it comes down even more...not sure if many are doin those anymore out here, easier to get a warehouse

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

those costs are right on to most around here. works out too. 2 gs overhead, 5 if you account food and car and a little fun and shit... but youre pullin 7-14 a month with a 4-6K flipper...

if weed was 100 a zip thats about ~16000 total after overhead 11K... figure extra expenses random shit even if 5 grand a month.... 6gs.... 80K in this world isnt enough for ya'll??? assuming the worst of the worst and OG's are 100 a zip LOL

stop sport fuckin an poppin out kids or bein greedy. ive gotten by w 10K a couple years before hustlin and shit...
happiness was still plentiful

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

its funny how the dispensaries charge LESS but have to spray MORE chemicals on it

ttystikk

ttystikk

There are no dispensaries in Fort Collins..they voted them out a few years ago..

What I saw was from Boulder- likely a dispensary that has a THCFarmer working there! Pricing was $120/oz for their 'bottom shelf'.

Blaze

Blaze

Those where on 8k and 12k basement setups, $900-$1200 a month in rent, $400-$650 electric, $40-$60 in water...all cost included..again that's a basement grow, a real deal grow house with 35 or 40k burnin it comes down even more...not sure if many are doin those anymore out here, easier to get a warehouse

Impressive. I know quite a few outdoor growers who still spend more than that per pound and sell for probably half as much. Makes me wonder how much longer people like that can stay in business. You guys are lucky to have such cheap power, $400-$650 per month in my neighborhood would cover about a 1 ton A/C and 3k worth of lights....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im burnin 16k at a spot and it run 700-725...cheap power doesn't suck and no central air in alot of places so that cuts it down with the quickness...basements can be pretty efficient setups

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

All these electric numbers are making me jealous. When I'm busy doing other things and have my room running 4k and a couple t5s in my veg my bill is still over 700 a month.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
When I was in Texas we had a built in 600 bucks just for a/c, whether you grow or not and if you had a bigger house your a/c could run 1000-1200 easy and thats before you turn on the first nite light or TV....my cntral air would turn off for a few minutes at like 4am...lol

Colorado is much better, basements, swamp coolers, minimal a/c..that shit rocks

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

oh shit yeah there was 3K in veg too haha.

dude has a fully sealed room that big and doesnt even need AC. maxes out at 81 in the corners. fuck i love the mountains LOL

sixstring

sixstring

A/c is a major factor fo sho.im runnin 8.5k flower and 1.6k veg plus my 2 a/c's and small house, runs me 1300.00 to 1500.00 a month depending on how hot it is outside.winter drops to 850.00 to 1050.00.but my gas bill for heat never goes above 30 or 40 bucks so I got that goin for me lol.seems like outwest you guys are paying less then michigan.think im at 13.5 cents per kwh and peak is .15

sky high

sky high

Highest bill here was about $450...that was 6K in bloom, a 600 and a 12 light t-5 in veg...2- 10" can fans and a 6" can fan. Also included in that was our normal monthly household usage. I just looked at the bill.... I pay a flat rate of $0.09531 (could go as low as $0.05500 if I signed up for a smart meter and used all non peak hours for the grow. Peak hours under this program are 18.8)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
damn, sky high that is so cheap..triple that for Cali...and the prices start looking like CO is killing it!

sky high

sky high

I'm sure some guys are killing it, baba. I'm just glad it's as cheap as it is here because there are so many folks growing now and prices suck so bad that I am back to a 100% personal grow and I'm eating every cent of it. (though it is coming back in karma as I give friends weed who used to buy it and tell them to save it for their kids future)

there's also the fun value of it all...and the fact that I have more pot/hash than I can ever smoke. :cigar: Not a bad gig for $400 a month!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I was looking at electricity prices relative to natural gas prices this morning, and discovered that gas is a small fraction of the price of electricity. There has to be some kind of natural gas powered generator that could 'arbitrage' this difference, saving the grower/homeowner money while paying for itself?

Top Bottom