LED/ HPS/ CMH= WTF

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Lots of sides to that story too. Seems obvious its about competition and business to me. And ego.

Lots of that going around in the last couple years.

It's a giant delicious fresh baked pie full of money and recognition. Lots of people are climbing over each other stepping on hands and heads to secure the tiniest piece of that pie. It shows you what people are really like, and more times than not, its ugly.

When I was younger I played paintball, when it was in its infancy. This one guy starts a company called smart parts then proceeds to patent everything. This guy didn't invent any of those things. He just copied them and patented them.

He effectively killed many of the very first paintball inventers and manufacturers businesses.
Not only did they not get any profit out of their inventions, they actually had to pay royalties to smart parts if they wanted to keep making and selling the stuff they themselves invented.

Yeah man, new horizons full of $ makes devils of saints.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
FC04BD10 8E89 4CCD A3FA A6C294CCE1D3
CC933672 1A00 4E9E 8030 75D780ADEEBD

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @1diesel1 I have an excel spreadsheet. With a VPD calculator and some good info that I think people would benefit from using if they wanna try VPD. But it won't let me upload it. Is there a way to get permission to do so even if I need to send it to a mod for them to post it

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

@1diesel1 I know you have seen my grow diary and what I am accomplishing with 240 watts of 4000K LED boards. I know I am not growing the same trees you are but I still feel I get good penetration. But if you really want serious penetration from LEDs there is only 1 way to go in my opinion, Spectrum King ( either the SK402 or SK602) units. I have seen them grow the same trees you allow your plants to get to, so it may be a brand to consider. They are not cheap units but if you can find refurbished or used ones they would be well worth the investment. They will also replace any malfunctioning parts or do repairs to just about any unit regardless of warranty; though they will charge you for shipping at least. They can be a bit tough to deal with when trying to get units repaired but the quality of the units is absolutely top of the line. They are best utilized in high-bay operations so penetration is precisely what they are built to do. These are not tent friendly units.

Moshmen

Moshmen

What's neat about those Kill-a-Watt gizmos, is that you can leave them plugged to your light, and dial down the power very accurately....Amperage and or by wattage, assuming you have some sort of dimmer. NOT FOR MOST BURPLES, that are not dimmable, but you can still check the draw with and without the Flower and Neg switches on and off 💡

Thanx I’m likin the killawat gizmo. Useful tool

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
i don’t think it’s the lights especially since you are blending.JMO
At some point they got stressed and now they just do not wanting to come out of it.
It’s happened to me before. Sometimes it’s a root issue sometimes a compaction issue sometimes over rootbound or just a cold spell hit.
Ramp up your day temps to 85 and 75 at night and they might snap out of it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Took a minute to search.

A lot to go thru ! Dude gots some killer lights for sure! Can’t take these cheap leds any more ! Gonna have good light for the next grow, so ima gonna stock my nose in all these lighting threads and find out how much I really don’t know! Lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A lot to go thru ! Dude gots some killer lights for sure! Can’t take these cheap leds any more ! Gonna have good light for the next grow, so ima gonna stock my nose in all these lighting threads and find out how much I really don’t know! Lmao
Lots of great info in there but there are some newer lights out since then... It's really developing fast I think LEDs are at the point they can compete now but I don't blame the hid guys for waiting and being leery. When led first came out all the hype was bogus and I'm sure that left a bad taste.

Also like anything the right tool for the job. I still feel LED excels in scrogs, sog and tents. In cases like @1diesel1 I can't say but I too would be leery as it's not as proven in applications yet.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Lots of great info in there but there are some newer lights out since then... It's really developing fast I think LEDs are at the point they can compete now but I don't blame the hid guys for waiting and being leery. When led first came out all the hype was bogus and I'm sure that left a bad taste.

Also like anything the right tool for the job. I still feel LED excels in scrogs, sog and tents. In cases like @1diesel1 I can't say but I too would be leery as it's not as proven in applications yet.
Stuck in tents for now 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom