LED lighting companys that you like or dislike, and WHY.

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

ok I have 2 little guys and some sends under this light , ??? should I be running it with the red leds or just white right now???

basscaptain

basscaptain

20190923 165127
20190923 165152

TerriR

TerriR

1) 2 x HLG QB 132 v2 - new this year
2) Black Diamond Perfect Sun 500...I think they call it the Dwarf Sun now. Really love this light even though it is 3-4 years old, I only used it for one grow before this year.

I don’t think it is quite enough for 5 plants in a 4’ x 4’ tent so thinking about adding some and I also need some far red.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Not sure, but if it were me, I would not use the far red until flower..Unless you want somewhat faster veg (I think, but not sure)
yes sir that's what I did.... I run them on for 30 mins to make sure everything is good and then turned them off... I pmed Vicky What to know if I can get 1 more but with the 301B Crees in it I'll see what she says :)

putting the one like you have 301B Cree 3000K in there with it :) as you can see I change and moved the tents today...

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I broke down and made my first LED purchase. Anybody have any experience with the dragonSL? Apparently these guys are the original inventors of the LED truck light bars when they first came out. Penske bought them out with the agreement they wouldn’t make vehicle LED vehicle lighting so they tweaked the I guess you’d call it “lens” for the diode if that’s what you call it. Sorry my LED knowledge is very small.
3848C367 E0EE 4E53 A482 C5F6C4EDEF46

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice 1st LED!
I broke down and made my first LED purchase. Anybody have any experience with the dragonSL? Apparently these guys are the original inventors of the LED truck light bars when they first came out. Penske bought them out with the agreement they wouldn’t make vehicle LED vehicle lighting so they tweaked the I guess you’d call it “lens” for the diode if that’s what you call it. Sorry my LED knowledge is very small.View attachment 898239
NICE!!! Best of luck growing with it.

What are those on the floor in the Red cases? They looks like LEDs from here?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I broke down and made my first LED purchase. Anybody have any experience with the dragonSL? Apparently these guys are the original inventors of the LED truck light bars when they first came out. Penske bought them out with the agreement they wouldn’t make vehicle LED vehicle lighting so they tweaked the I guess you’d call it “lens” for the diode if that’s what you call it. Sorry my LED knowledge is very small.View attachment 898239

Looks good. Costs a lot and i am not sure of the footprint it will really cover. So I am hoping to see your results. :-)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

all you need is a ground bed in there

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nice 1st LED!

NICE!!! Best of luck growing with it.

What are those on the floor in the Red cases? They looks like LEDs from here?
Cheap Chinese I got from a buddy. Tried a flower run with em was not impressed.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I like the design of Fluence, it really impressed me. High par and high quality. I believe a lot of commercial growers would choose it. Quality garantted.
But the price fears me away and i chose the similar design from MarsHydro. Not the best but worthy of the price.

Commercial people have slimmer choices when choosing lights. Most of the inspectors will want them to be UL or ETL listed. If he doesnt he will at some point. Kind of limits your choices. Don't think their sole choice is the efficiency or the price. Sometimes you don't have a choice in this dept.

BigCube

BigCube

The main issue I have with all "name brand" led fixtures. Is that they charge way too much for their products.

I understand they need to make a profit too. But if I source out the parts myself, something I can make for under $100 sells for almost 400...

That I fear will keep me out of the "name brand" LED market.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

The main issue I have with all "name brand" led fixtures. Is that they charge way too much for their products.

I understand they need to make a profit too. But if I source out the parts myself, something I can make for under $100 sells for almost 400...

That I fear will keep me out of the "name brand" LED market.
Yes, but people pay$1,000 for the new latest phones that won't grow a plant.

BigCube

BigCube

I wouldn't lol. Here they are free as lo g as you sign up for a 2 year contract. If j had to buy one, I'd get a cheap China wish phone lol.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

push button ,large letters,mama has the numbers i need and i just go to the name and push the button,dont even know her number or mine,every time parts house ask me my number,i have to figure out how to get it hahahah,i dont do phones ,even back in the dial and button phones,if i need to call anyone,good old phone booth hahah believe it or not ,were i buy my gas ,at the car wash there is a pay phone hahahah been years since seen one them,first a dime,then a quarter,surly a buck by now hahahh

basscaptain

basscaptain

push button ,large letters,mama has the numbers i need and i just go to the name and push the button,dont even know her number or mine,every time parts house ask me my number,i have to figure out how to get it hahahah,i dont do phones ,even back in the dial and button phones,if i need to call anyone,good old phone booth hahah believe it or not ,were i buy my gas ,at the car wash there is a pay phone hahahah been years since seen one them,first a dime,then a quarter,surly a buck by now hahahh
I understand :)

Top Bottom