• E.Shine 126x3w

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apache Tech AT120RB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ever after

Ever after

plasma will not yield it will only give perfect spectrum it will not get the photon power an hps does case closed on that back to LED PLEASE

squiggly

squiggly

Ever after you seem very matter-of-fact about some of your opinions on where technology is moving. Care to clue us in on your info about plasma? From what I can tell there's still a decent amount of R&D going into that area.

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

Thanks for the info! That is good to know, I haven't seen any grows with these nor interacted with the LED units of today. Hopefully they refine it more and get the costs down so many more folks can give it a go.
You say the LED side is hands down better than the hps? U gonna ditch the HPS and go all LED in future? How much heavier do you feel the LED side is than the HPS? And how many watts is your LED compared to your HPS?
Is it the way the LED make your bud look that makes it more dank on the LED side? I take it you have the same type of genetics under each bulb type? Is it further along, curious what is different about the LED lit flowers. Are they progressing faster? More crystal? Has anyone ever had a LED flower tested for THC %? Or terpenes?
Sorry to load on the questions but just curious and you seem to have experience..

ill awnser all these questions as soon as im done harvesting =) which is tongiht!!!

Ever after

Ever after

diamond series LED's are the best on the market unless you make your own because they have reflectors its that simple guys i don't even think magnum has reflectors. yes they may be expensive but a 90 day money back hassle free deal is pretty cool farmers. I would love to see a led on a light mover that might work better than a hps light.

eyecandi

eyecandi

curious where you ended up? I picked up an SG602 a few weeks ago for my new 2.5'x6' space in my garage, dropped in a few girls and they've been very happy so far. just flipped em though, so can't compare data on harvest #s yet, but i'm going to do a full grow journal on it. heat loads have been low IMO, while it's still winter here and @40 degrees outside, my garage isn't heated (insulated yes), but the flowering room requires a heat boost to get it to 79deg. node spacing is TIGHT and comparable to the 1000w.

FunkyBudha

FunkyBudha

I just started the first full run on my new Pro-Grow 180. It really draws about 160w. So far I am impressed. I feel some companies are way overpriced. This one was within my budget and I'm happy I took the risk.

I'm waiting to see how much yield I get, but so far it seems to be working great.

M

Marquerite

i vegged all my plants for the hps room to 2 ft under Blackstar 240's

amazing value ..well ..for led panels any way..big leaves, great colour, thick stems....

S

singularity

Dont diss people on thc farmer i dont have broken logic i have cancer you jerk and i have many other problems you ass hole talking about CMH and hid lights in a thread about leds your wasting my life you jerk stop dissing people and get out of this thread or honestly if a mod could just ban this guy that would be great hes a freakin trouble maker and i just dont think anyone has time for that bs the diamond series LEDS LOOK VERY NICE AND PUTTTING THAT POST UP AND YOU SHITTING ALL OVER THAT WAS NOT NICE AT ALL

singularity your just starving for attention go some place else I was very proud of that post on this new led and you are not supposed to come in to a productive thread and ruin it. HID lamps have been around for ever WE KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO DUH MOVE ON

Wow.... "ssssensitive". Why don't you debate the facts instead of going off the depend about your feelings and personal life, which aren't at all topic related.

LED lights "Look very nice" and the best according to you "have reflectors duh like srsly guys okay that's why". lol.

You ARE cancer. Be quiet until you can discuss technology intelligently.

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

I hate shit like this...Everyone chill and just try to help one another. Who cares which type of lights someone wants to grow with? We're all after the same thing, no?
By the way, I'm more than happy with my Mag plus and I'd say anyone looking for a quality light, go for it.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Mag357+ WINNER with 8 Votes
Stealth Grow SG602 2nd with 5 Votes
Now let's stop the BS like Sweettoothg said any keep it together :) I posted this thread to help me decide on a light to mount under my current LED setup and use both to grow with, I do like the Mag357+ and it's a bit cheaper than the SG602 but that's not my concern a couple hundred more isn't that big a deal. But the SG602 has only a one year warranty and the Mag357+ has 3 year "Bumper to bumper" warranty
Anyone care to elaborate on your choices please

Blasph3m3

Blasph3m3

Nope sorry I've heard bad things about them not really the light but the service itself but I have seen them not a bad light

I have a diamond series 200 works great. I love that thing. The only hang up I have with it is the output light beam is a little narrow. Nothing i can't live with though. And the service wasn't to bad for me. The delivery time was a little long but every light panal is asembeled after ordering I think or at least that's what I was left to beleave. I also ordered over a weekend. I got it last October and it's paid for its self twice so far and it's about to pay for a second one next harvest.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Alright. No one has answered my most basic question about any of this. Can someone give me an actual yield, per watt, on one of these things? (No sarcasm, at all, but if it's possible to yield more per watt under an HID system, why buy a lower wattage LED system? To yield exponentially even less? I really don't get it.) I even called and spoke with the LumiGrow representative today about their new Pro 650 watt system they have. They claim it produces more usable PAR than a normal thowie, and twice as much as any other LED, but it only covers the same 4'x4' are a as a 600 watt HID? Can we cut with strange claims and get some result numbers? Because if I can yield plant more for less wattage, I'm in.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here's my last grow with the LEDs
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/og-led-grow.37996/
I vegged with 400w MH because the magenta color is for flowering, the deep purple is more for vegging because of the added blue spectrum But if you look at my other grows you'll see I'm getting the same weight with the 400w HPS Scroged vs. 4x Kessil (magenta) topping and doing a VERY light LST to it and it was OG but MAN the dankness vs. the 400w was AMAZING!!! Also if you read through the thread you'll see I had MAJOR PROBLEMS do to dropping the rootball during transplant :( and a number of other newbe things.
Soon I'll be on it again just waiting out this excessive heat :( I'll post up a thread when I start her up again

LEDhead

LEDhead

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Alright. No one has answered my most basic question about any of this. Can someone give me an actual yield, per watt, on one of these things? (No sarcasm, at all, but if it's possible to yield more per watt under an HID system, why buy a lower wattage LED system? To yield exponentially even less? I really don't get it.) I even called and spoke with the LumiGrow representative today about their new Pro 650 watt system they have. They claim it produces more usable PAR than a normal thowie, and twice as much as any other LED, but it only covers the same 4'x4' are a as a 600 watt HID? Can we cut with strange claims and get some result numbers? Because if I can yield plant more for less wattage, I'm in.

another_sellout

another_sellout

168 grams on a 84 watt light? 2 grams per watt? For $300? How many to cover 4'x6'?

S

Swg

Try
Looking to build a new tent DR120 with an LED ONLY light (stand alone) so I'm lookin into these LED now, which one do you like best in terms of wattage and spectrums. If these's a better one I'm not looking at let me know THANKS
have you tried growlightuk? Www.growlightuk.com some very good products using 3w chips and a 7 spectrum setup.

I

ineffablegreen

Just joined recently from rollitup. Was pretty surprised you didn't consider either Lumigrow nor California Light Works. I've seen plants grow under multiple LEDs including Sunshine Systems (garbage), Kessil (good, but you need quite a few of their H350 units), and Lumigrow and CLW. Those two companies have blown everything else out fo the water. Lumigrow just came out with their new unit the 325 and 650 which are supposed to be the newest technology in LEDs for growing: www.lumigrow.com. CLW units: https://growershouse.com/california-light-works

LEDhead

LEDhead

How about the Magnum Plus2? On sale now and weather is finally starting to cool down :)

W

willy led wonka

I have 2 of the mag plus2 lights and this is IMO the best led built thus far. It covers a good 3x3 for flower and will cover a larger area for veg. The conical 15 watt cree bulbs in the center of the pod are really nice. This light is pleasing to the eye as well. My local hydro store had these in when I walked in and i was stoked. I cant wait until they get more of these. The footprint is really sweet. I havent even seen these on the Mag site yet. Kudos to my local store.

squiggly

squiggly

You ARE cancer. Be quiet until you can discuss technology intelligently.

While this is mean, I must say that I agree with you. Ever is very quick to throw up the cancer guilt trip, and every bit as defensive about the diamond series as you'd expect it's creator to be.

I don't know if he's a marketing agent of theirs--or if he's just so sold on them that he makes it his personal mission to stir up drama when people disagree with him (with evidence, something he clearly chooses not to put forward).

Top Bottom