Legit experienced growers enter here.

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ACSippi

ACSippi

I'm going to just leave one more thought and then leave this thread to the legit growers.

I learned and studied for 2 years to catch up on all of the current information in growing before germinating my first seed. But I have been around growers since high school, we had an aquaponics with HPS setup. I have argued these same things with my buddies that grow because I'm all about simplicity. I wanted an easy, just water way to grow.

I had 1 thing to learn properly because I researched and educated myself, how to water correctly. I've then worked on dialing in my setup and environment. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but it made my experience so much easier.
I've tried telling you a bunch of times what I'm doing yet you are adamant to get me to do what you want me to do. There's a lot of stuff you don't understand. Cannabis is more than studying for two years. My cannabis spectrum is as full as the Carts you buy at the Dispo. For me it's not just about growing, it's advocating, protecting and forshadowing too.

You say you're a new grower but you don't understand that you learned a bunch of bad stuff mixed in with the good. Watching influencers pimp products, stressing on certain topics...lots of bs out there, lots of Dunning/Kruger. It's not your fault, things seem legit, I'm here to tell you it's not that serious. You don't think I studied too? It's easy for me, you on the other hand are overwhelmed.

You think I'm the enemy when I'm really your best friend. One day maybe you'll understand. Now chill before I go making videos about how I'm the greatest. Not because I am the greatest but because I know they burn bottoms even tho I'm making jokes.

2Water

2Water

I think respect goes a long way. Even when teaching someone, the teacher should expect to learn as well. Be it from the student, his own growth and understanding, or new updates on the material be taught. Teach from common ground not authority

2Water

2Water

I've tried telling you a bunch of times what I'm doing yet you are adamant to get me to do what you want me to do. There's a lot of stuff you don't understand. Cannabis is more than studying for two years. My cannabis spectrum is as full as the Carts you buy at the Dispo. For me it's not just about growing, it's advocating, protecting and forshadowing too.

You say you're a new grower but you don't understand that you learned a bunch of bad stuff mixed in with the good. Watching influencers pimp products, stressing on certain topics...lots of bs out there, lots of Dunning/Kruger. It's not your fault, things seem legit, I'm here to tell you it's not that serious. You don't think I studied too? It's easy for me, you on the other hand are overwhelmed.

You think I'm the enemy when I'm really your best friend. One day maybe you'll understand. Now chill before I go making videos about how I'm the greatest. Not because I am the greatest but because I know they burn bottoms even tho I'm making jokes.
I literally grow by water only. What bad programming and teaching have I fallen for? Do you know my setup, my philosophy in growing, my goals for growing? Lots of assumptions.... and you know what they say about that😜

2Water

2Water

Also makes me question your motives. You throw out how everyone has nefarious reasoning for pushing a product or style. What's yours? Can't just be about education or why attack anything I've said🤷‍♂️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Think this all just boils down to a difference of approach on teaching "new growers"
A key word in that sentence is "teaching." That's the best approach, but so many folks — both new growers and experienced growers — come here for help with a specific problem. There may be what some refer to as a "teachable moment," but perhaps not. Oftentimes, the need for help is immediate. In my early career I did a lot of tech support, and I can't tell you how many times I heard something like this: "I don't want to learn how to do it. I just want to get it done." For a frustrated person, taking the time to teach only adds to their frustration.

ACSippi

ACSippi

I respect your view, I personally like bugby for what he is good at. I am not a fan of science in general though, academia is a very corrupt institution where those who fund the studies FAR too often sway the results. Hence the whole sugar Industry demonizing fat, rice cakes are healthy???😂 carbs are good....
Anyways I am always will to look at things objectively, just because I like bugby doesn't mean he hasn't fooled me and he could be awful. People who try to save the world aren't always good. I am a captain planet save the enviornment person but I recognize the green movement as the cash grab it is. The real answers like organic healthy soil and mass composting are ignored. Look at our dr. Fasci for a prime example as a pseudo scientist. Anyways take care, always love some push back! I love people who will debate ✌
Yeah you get it. I'm not just a grower I'm an advocate and protector. I've learned things over the years especially about businessmen and politics. People may wonder what that has to do with growing and you explained it.

The cannabis world as a whole is pretty bad. We have some disgusting people amongst us. People that hate weed so much they let their own mom suffer till she died by denying her cannabis she requested and begged for but once it legalized they use that story to gather love from us so we support them and their business. 'My mom suffered with cancer but weed was illegal, now that it's legal I'm using the estate money and opening a dispo! Come buy my stuff im having a sale!' Not exactly like that but darn close...and worse.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wow! What a thread! I just caught up from page 8 and saved some quotes along the way. Overall, in my opinion, I'd say it's important to separate opinion from knowledge.

Need to separate organic soil and synthetic soil growing.

Understood. Basically, it means letting one person provide the help. I suppose we would call that mentoring. It doesn't need to be done via PMs, though.

Vitamin C can neutralize chlorine and chloramine.

Or, they could have problems. Such statements are often misleading. Universal truths are rare.

Seriously! Have you assessed the capabilities of every new grower on the planet?

I do.

That's insulting. I spent most of my working life in academia. You won't find any human endeavor that lacks corruption, but to condemn so many people in a single statement saddens me. I wasn't corrupt.

Well... Just a slight correction... The word "environment" can be all-encompassing. Lighting is part of the plant's environment. So, too, are temperature and humidity.

I've thought about that occasionally over the years. My conclusion is breeding other species (and occasionally our own species) is a fundamental part of being human. Just stop and consider all the plants and animals humans have bred for their own purposes: cats, dogs, cattle, corn (and many other vegetables), etc. Is it a surprise that cannabis is included in that group? Lamenting the loss of nature in its purest form is quite understandable, but, at the same time, unavoidable. Indeed, space travel may require specialized breeds of plants, but it may also require breeding specialized humans.

Go back in history and look at the number of times science has been correct. Science is "the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation, experimentation, and the testing of theories against the evidence obtained." (Oxford) Basically, science is a disciplined process for the accumulation of knowledge. It cannot be an immutable body of knowledge until everything that can be known is known, and we're a long way away from that being the case. I have pondered, however, what it would be like to know everything that is knowable. I suspect it would be boring.

Ah! The conversation continued as I wrote this.
yep well there’s landrace strains with such high amounts of thcp you’d forget your name,. won’t be finding much of that in any modern weed

2Water

2Water

You use water only oh my what madness is this 🤣

lol I tried once the bud had a wonderful taste props on ya for sticking with it 😋
Admittedly I grow in amended living organic soil that I re-amend and recycle. 4th grow, about to go five. I do use a drop of raw organic unfiltered honey to keep the microbes happy, but that's it

2Water

2Water

I apologize to @Putthataway and anyone else who came onto this thread expecting to learn something and ran into an argument.

I do not appreciate assumptions of me or people trying to "son me" based off those assumptions. Keep it respectful and I will too, but I've always question authority (as other people have mentioned on here), that should spark debate and discussion. That is how we all grow.

@ACSippi , if you want to respond with anything to me, do it in a message, we can debate. Once again I apologize to everyone

Last edited:
PooToe

PooToe

While I agree with @ACSippi in his denunciation of how business and politics have had their effect on the weed 'business", I will say that, like most, everyone wants to be "right". I'll also say that if you think only your way is right then, regardless of how devoted you are to the cause or how much experience you have growing.....you don't know shit.........

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
yep well there’s landrace strains with such high amounts of thcp you’d forget your name,. won’t be finding much of that in any modern weed
Lead me to it! Please! It's an honorable pursuit, indeed.

Well... At my advanced age, my body doesn't tolerate extremely high potency, so we tend to blend. Pain relief is my holy grail these days. I do recall the old times, though. It was maybe 1965 when I first partook in magical marijuana, and it didn't stop there. Such memories cause me to wonder how I survived my youth.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

For more experienced growers, yes, but new growers should really have an understanding of environmental factors and setups because it will give them a foundation to build on moving forward
no i think that especially for new grower, worrying about vpd is useless. lot of people are growing without giving a damn about vpd, think about outdoor ...

my own rh vary from 20% to 70% depending the weather and the seasons, temperature is usually around 28°C autumn, winter and spring and i experience some heat spikes in summer.

still the plants grow, swell and taste well/good enough.

i can assure you won't see a seeable difference in growth with plant having 20% rh and plant having 70% rh.

on the other hand you will have seeable difference depending phenotypes all the time.

what annoy me about vpd is when people start a thread with stunted seedling and some others people make it sound like if rh has anything to do with it ...

also that's just a personnal preference but i prefer having 40%rh or below especially when in flower ... i have to deal with mold rather often and it happen with some strains and some phenotypes with rh as low as 50%

Last edited:
ACSippi

ACSippi

My point, and why I kept on it, it that I believe new growers SHOULD be given ALL the information on ALL the different styles and methods of growing so that THEY can CHOOSE for themselves on what works best for their locale, budget, and setup/space.

My key point of contention it that understanding VPD and the plants response to it. Not telling them to dial in thier grow first run, but understanding it will help them dial-in in the future. Create growers with understanding, you know teach a man to fish.
I hate spending time with you...I don't care about your point. Especially when you don't care about what I'm doing in this thread as you mess it up by demanding I teach your way. You're really messing this up.

How many people have you helped grow from start to finish? Has helping others been your main mission? None and no.

Let me help you understand even tho it's obviously pointless.

Out of  ALL the people ive helped 1 in ten is like you, 3 in ten are polar opposites and the rest would like a little extra ininstructial details while still keeping it simple.

Im trying to navigate that, not an easy task at all. So I figured I can make a solid no fail tutorial that works for everyone. But you want me to lay out a four semester course...🙄. I can do that, I was approached once to instruct at a Cannabis College startup, the pay is what stopped me. I'm poor, at the poverty level, feasted on some cabbage last night. Usually I add in generic lunch meat but the grocer had a bogo on real sausage, I spent $2 more and felt I ate like a king. Even the prestigious honor of teaching at a legit school couldn't entice me, I'd rather be poor and teach for free then get paid well (but still peanuts) for my knowledge. That goes for other jobs too, I'm not selling out for peanuts, I love my life as is. I'd love to cash in but never for peanuts while I'm being used to make others millions.

From there I or We can make more tutorials. It's called progression. The new growers can have an easy time learning the basics then graduate at their speed and learn more things if they wish. Just because youre personally caught up in the excitement and mystique of growing doesnt mean everyone else is.

You may think everyone that grows chats in forums, not at all. We're actually a very small community and I'm talking about ALL places people chat, combined. Most people don't care about what we talk about, they just want to grow weed nice and easy in the comfort of their own home. Most don't even care about the kind of weed they smoke as the rest of us drool over a new strain at the Dispo. Many times I've been told 'I don't care about all that stuff, if it gets me medicated im good!'

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Wow! What a thread! I just caught up from page 8 and saved some quotes along the way. Overall, in my opinion, I'd say it's important to separate opinion from knowledge.

Need to separate organic soil and synthetic soil growing.

Understood. Basically, it means letting one person provide the help. I suppose we would call that mentoring. It doesn't need to be done via PMs, though.

Vitamin C can neutralize chlorine and chloramine.

Or, they could have problems. Such statements are often misleading. Universal truths are rare.

Seriously! Have you assessed the capabilities of every new grower on the planet?

I do.

That's insulting. I spent most of my working life in academia. You won't find any human endeavor that lacks corruption, but to condemn so many people in a single statement saddens me. I wasn't corrupt.

Well... Just a slight correction... The word "environment" can be all-encompassing. Lighting is part of the plant's environment. So, too, are temperature and humidity.

I've thought about that occasionally over the years. My conclusion is breeding other species (and occasionally our own species) is a fundamental part of being human. Just stop and consider all the plants and animals humans have bred for their own purposes: cats, dogs, cattle, corn (and many other vegetables), etc. Is it a surprise that cannabis is included in that group? Lamenting the loss of nature in its purest form is quite understandable, but, at the same time, unavoidable. Indeed, space travel may require specialized breeds of plants, but it may also require breeding specialized humans.

Go back in history and look at the number of times science has been correct. Science is "the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation, experimentation, and the testing of theories against the evidence obtained." (Oxford) Basically, science is a disciplined process for the accumulation of knowledge. It cannot be an immutable body of knowledge until everything that can be known is known, and we're a long way away from that being the case. I have pondered, however, what it would be like to know everything that is knowable. I suspect it would be boring.

Ah! The conversation continued as I wrote this.
Perfect reply lol

I didn’t know that about vitamin C and chloramine good stuff! 👊👊

E/ and yes 100% have to separate those using organic and synthetic in soil, major difference in grow styles that don’t overlap well

ACSippi

ACSippi

I'm not the one throwing shots, just asking what he was referring to, since it seems to be implied as a negative
It's absolutly negative. I'm sitting here trying to help others and you're combating me. You won't listen. You said you were leaving this thread but now your back stinking it up.

You have little knowledge, you admitted that yourself, yet your adamant like it's your way or it's no way as you continue to stink up my goals. There's zero support from you. I feel like Tom Brady arguing with a peewee coach.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Everyone jumped on the trigger word "VPD" and negated that I was only advocating for educating new growers over "that's too much information." Go back read every post I made in this thread. I asked questions that were answered by attacking the questioner rather than the question.

Now he is implying I'm sort of grower he avoids, figure it would be nice for the other growers that are like me to know so they can avoid him🤷‍♂️
Hi, me once again, this is not your thread nor your mission.

You're saying I was attacking you? That's a lie, I've been very nice and extremely patient with you. I've done a better job at that than anyone could. But im the bad guy 🙄

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Lead me to it! Please! It's an honorable pursuit, indeed.

Well... At my advanced age, my body doesn't tolerate extremely high potency, so we tend to blend. Pain relief is my holy grail these days. I do recall the old times, though. It was maybe 1965 when I first partook in magical marijuana, and it didn't stop there. Such memories cause me to wonder how I survived my youth.
your telling me, i still have memories of certain times as a teenager/young 20’s getting so damn high that you couldn’t be out in public, i remember times being soo high you’d black out or have laughing attacks lasting hours,.. i spent a few days researching the net, going through old book, videos about landrace strains, the negatives of breeding etc,. soo my mind is mush about now, though if i find it ill post it about a landrace strain with high amounts of thcp,. yes i know you can go buy vape stuff with thcp but thats lab created or derived from hemp,. i want it in its most naturally developed form meaning the strain which produces it naturally along with the other cannabinoids terpenes etc to get the real high if that makes sense, in that strain,. i dont care about fluffy buds etc i care about trichomes, fluffy buds would be better for me as i make hashish and oil,.. yes i wont be able to have the same environment but its the way i want to go,.. the thing is most old stoners know this but dont know what happened, just figured it was tolerance but it was all the breeding that started, and that yes did some good things but mostly its removing things we possibly don’t even know about yet,. so old stoners we know from experience were just waiting the next 50 years for science to catch up hahaha,.. hopefully in that time there will still be rare pure landrace strains left,..
seriously anyone older than 55/56 should know weed was better and a different high before 1990 ish,..

Top Bottom