Legit experienced growers enter here.

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

It's absolutly negative. I'm sitting here trying to help others and you're combating me. You won't listen. You said you were leaving this thread but now your back stinking it up.

You have little knowledge, you admitted that yourself, yet your adamant like it's your way or it's no way as you continue to stink up my goals. There's zero support from you. I feel like Tom Brady arguing with a peewee coach.
Maybe not the best analogy Brady is a D-Bag.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
i think that especially for new grower, worrying about vpd is useless.
Not mentioning VPD would create a significant void in what's said here versus what's said many other places. I would worry that its omission would make us look like idiots. We really need to accept that this site isn't the only place would-be growers might find information, regardless of how anyone here might feel about that information's accuracy or utility. It's not like explaining VPD is difficult. I could do it in a few sentences.

think about outdoor
I think it doesn't have much to do with indoor growing. We're virtually gods to indoor plants. We provide sunshine, wind, rain, soil and nutrition. We provide everything the plants need. That just can't be ignored.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

lot of people make it sound (vpd) that it's more critical for plants growth than it really is ...

and not everyone is god indoor, i can't invest in a ac because the electric bill will rise too much and dehumidifier would be useless as my window is always open all years long 24/24.

temperature and rh are just what the seasons and the weather are like and plants grow well enough without worrying about optimal vpd ...

2Water

2Water

I hate spending time with you...I don't care about your point. Especially when you don't care about what I'm doing in this thread as you mess it up by demanding I teach your way. You're really messing this up.

How many people have you helped grow from start to finish? Has helping others been your main mission? None and no.

Let me help you understand even tho it's obviously pointless.

Out of ā€ŠALL the people ive helped 1 in ten is like you, 3 in ten are polar opposites and the rest would like a little extra ininstructial details while still keeping it simple.

Im trying to navigate that, not an easy task at all. So I figured I can make a solid no fail tutorial that works for everyone. But you want me to lay out a four semester course...šŸ™„. I can do that, I was approached once to instruct at a Cannabis College startup, the pay is what stopped me. I'm poor, at the poverty level, feasted on some cabbage last night. Usually I add in generic lunch meat but the grocer had a bogo on real sausage, I spent $2 more and felt I ate like a king. Even the prestigious honor of teaching at a legit school couldn't entice me, I'd rather be poor and teach for free then get paid well (but still peanuts) for my knowledge. That goes for other jobs too, I'm not selling out for peanuts, I love my life as is. I'd love to cash in but never for peanuts while I'm being used to make others millions.

From there I or We can make more tutorials. It's called progression. The new growers can have an easy time learning the basics then graduate at their speed and learn more things if they wish. Just because youre personally caught up in the excitement and mystique of growing doesnt mean everyone else is.

You may think everyone that grows chats in forums, not at all. We're actually a very small community and I'm talking about ALL places people chat, combined. Most people don't care about what we talk about, they just want to grow weed nice and easy in the comfort of their own home. Most don't even care about the kind of weed they smoke as the rest of us drool over a new strain at the Dispo. Many times I've been told 'I don't care about all that stuff, if it gets me medicated im good!'
Is that a response to any of my questions or another attack on me or a way to stand from authority on your part? In that long rant or at any part of our interaction have you really tried to "teach." Funny to me how you had the perfect opportunity to not only teach ME, but all of the other new growers watching this thread.

Once again, you don't know a single thing about me, so your assumptions make you look stupid.

ONCE AGAIN WHY IS GIVING ALL OF THE INFORMATION TO NEW GROWERS A BAD THING???? Maybe for some, but those are the ones that would need thier hand held the whole time. For others that flourish that way, why dumb them down?

2Water

2Water

no i think that especially for new grower, worrying about vpd is useless. lot of people are growing without giving a damn about vpd, think about outdoor ...

my own rh vary from 20% to 70% depending the weather and the seasons, temperature is usually around 28Ā°C autumn, winter and spring and i experience some heat spikes in summer.

still the plants grow, swell and taste well/good enough.

i can assure you won't see a seeable difference in growth with plant having 20% rh and plant having 70% rh.

on the other hand you will have seeable difference depending phenotypes all the time.

what annoy me about vpd is when people start a thread with stunted seedling and some others people make it sound like if rh has anything to do with it ...

also that's just a personnal preference but i prefer having 40%rh or below especially when in flower ... i have to deal with mold rather often and it happen with some strains and some phenotypes with rh as low as 50%
I can appreciate, but the argument can be made both sides (as it should).

I still think that you are hung up on some notion that my main emphasis at any point of this engagement was VPD, but rather giving new growers all credible information available and letting them navigate what works for them.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Need to separate organic soil and synthetic soil growing.
yeah, all types
Or, they could have problems.
Agreed and we tackle them individually along the way. One guy may not have to worry about PM while the next guy does, it's a simple deviation that can be applied easily along the way. As long as the fundamentals guide their way we can fix anything along the way.
Seriously! Have you assessed the capabilities of every new grower on the planet?
Yes. I've been helping people grow since 1995. I've seen and heard it all. Like I said earlier, navigating this is not easy, I'm doing it the best way I know how considering all the people I've helped. I knew I'd get pushback but I don't care, there are more people that would like to learn the easy way then the hard. All the time new people give up or don't even try because of too much information.
You're rare. I don't want to bust your bubble, do what you do, but one weak link in your scientific grow ruins the word scientific. Please don't take that the wrong way.
That's insulting. I spent most of my working life in academia. You won't find any human endeavor that lacks corruption, but to condemn so many people in a single statement saddens me. I wasn't corrupt.
Don't be offended, it's not the little guys it's the ones that wear suits, that chat behind closed doors to make things better for their friends or themselves. You're their victim too.

PooToe

PooToe

Umm, you do know that even Science denies itself right? That's science. Sounds like you've been gaslighted and now you're gaslighting. Politics...šŸ™„
Right. The next time I get sick I'm going to hit up the local homeless dude with his hand out for a diagnosis because, according to you, he has just as much credibility as the guy with a stethoscope hanging around his neck.....šŸ˜„

Everything technical around us is a farce. It was just a lucky guess that that bridge they built is still standing....

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's this concept called The Scientific Method that scientists have used for a very long time. The reason this process has been adopted is because it has been the best way to be able to acquire knowledge in an orderly, repeatable fashion. Are they always right? Nope but we can only really rely on the best process we know and the scientific method is that process. Is there a better process to ensure more reliable conclusions? Probably but we haven't found it yet. Anectdotal experience is not reliable.

Much like this countries governance system. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot but it is the best system from the ones we know......

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I can appreciate, but the argument can be made both sides (as it should).

I still think that you are hung up on some notion that my main emphasis at any point of this engagement was VPD, but rather giving new growers all credible information available and letting them navigate what works for them.
i m not saying you should not quiclky explain vpd and give a chart, but to also explain how for real when vpd is out of range buds can still swell and look good enough in the end ...

ACSippi

ACSippi

Think this all just boils down to a difference of approach on teaching "new growers"

Some "new growers" research on their own and it can help them tremendously and they are almost instantly "intermediate" because of their efforts/ability to sift through all the information and make it work for them

Other "new growers" are overwhelmed by the same information and need šŸ‘Œ reassurance that things will be okay.

Agree that all resources should be available as that personally worked better for me to figure things out

Simultaneously I understand that not everyone is the same. Different strokes for different folks.

Maybe come to an agreement that you are both right in your own way and use your powers for the greater good?
You mostly get it. Of course I could go into detail and really tighten a new grower up but that's hard at first. I'm thinking to just teach the fundamentals and deviate when someone needs a deviation. The video I'm making will prove someone can grow from start to finish very very basically and break all the rules except for PH and humidity during flower.

2Water

2Water

i m not saying you should not quiclky explain vpd and give a chart, but to also explain how for real when vpd is out of range bud can still swell and look good enough in the end ...
I explained briefly my viewpoint on that in this thread. Like I said, there are arguments on both sides. I'm a novice, so I dont want to spread my misinformation on this legit growers thread, but you can shoot me a message or discuss on my thread

2Water

2Water

You mostly get it. Of course I could go into detail and really tighten a new grower up but that's hard at first. I'm thinking to just teach the fundamentals and deviate when someone needs a deviation. The video I'm making will prove someone can grow from start to finish very very basically and break all the rules except for PH and humidity during flower.
I don't PH. Why is humidity a factor for flower?

ACSippi

ACSippi

I think respect goes a long way. Even when teaching someone, the teacher should expect to learn as well. Be it from the student, his own growth and understanding, or new updates on the material be taught. Teach from common ground not authority
Could someone please tell this guy what I'm doing is not about HIM? People like him make me appear to be the 'authority.' I'm just trying to teach some fundamentals, same boring stuff they teach in college during freshmen year.

2Water

2Water

Could someone please tell this guy what I'm doing is not about HIM? People like him make me appear to be the 'authority.' I'm just trying to teach some fundamentals, same boring stuff they teach in college during freshmen year.
Yup, you made it about me with your assumption and accusations. When you refer to "basics" that is defined by you, since you could have taught at the Cannabis University (debating from authority example), we are supposed to just take your way. But when I ask a simple trigger question about VPD, you gave me the first clue. When you refused to answer my questions, second clue.... see where I'm heading?

I get it, you're good at what you do, but not everyone wants to grow or learns like you!

I mentioned VPD because I have trigger words that I use for growers, vets, and martial artists. 3 areas I have been around my whole life. Based on responses will affect how I engage.

Sorry, guess I just made this about me. I will stop when people stop mentioning MEšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

ACSippi

ACSippi

i remember times being soo high youā€™d black out
Back in 96 a guy was growing Burma, no one could rip a bong while standing because you'd almost pass out. We used to stand in front of a big fluffy couch because everyone would fall. It's the only weed ive held and known to do that. Fun times!

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I fully get what your goal is. Basics for the "no child left behind" new growers. Dumbing it down to a level so that anyone could do it.

I also get that not all new growers need or want it on that level and that's fine you're not doing it for that part of "the class".

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Once this thread gets formatted properly and back on track, someone should delete the first 17 pages of the dumb shit. I know if I was a new grower looking to learn the basics, there's no way I'd read through 17 pages of that crap..

BTW, I've never paid attention to vpd and I grow some fire.. šŸ˜‰

ACSippi

ACSippi

Yup, you made it about me with your assumption and accusations. When you refer to "basics" that is defined by you, since you could have taught at the Cannabis University (debating from authority example), we are supposed to just take your way. But when I ask a simple trigger question about VPD, you gave me the first clue. When you refused to answer my questions, second clue.... see where I'm heading?

I get it, you're good at what you do, but not everyone wants to grow or learns like you!

I mentioned VPD because I have trigger words that I use for growers, vets, and martial artists. 3 areas I have been around my whole life. Based on responses will affect how I engage.

Sorry, guess I just made this about me. I will stop when people stop mentioning MEšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Please leave.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Once this thread gets formatted properly and back on track, someone should delete the first 17 pages of the dumb shit. I know if I was a new grower looking to learn the basics, there's no way I'd read through 17 pages of that crap..

BTW, I've never paid attention to vpd and I grow some fire.. šŸ˜‰
i can change thread title to
things that cause different opinions with growing,..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All,
Not going to let this turn into a shit show!
@ACSippi has a brilliant idea here,
Bickering and arguing over what others think is easy to teach, is for you to go create your own thread your way. If you disagree here move on and do your own thing!!
Please no more negativity or negative vibes in here or any where else on The Farm!
Thank you for your patience,
Thread cleaning coming soon:)

the rrock

the rrock

I would like to hear about VPD as in my 45 years of growing ive never heard of vpd other than an abbreviation of vaped.I like to just keep it simple>basic dirt ,water ,flower veg nute and some bene microbes. It seems like alot of these posters just talking about their glory days which I find interesting but not what im here for

Latest posts

Top Bottom