Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zuckuss11

zuckuss11

Remembering how it was when the sun was here but the weather changed on the coast 🌧🌧 tarps went on last night and stayed on all day. Surprised how green everything still is though, my neighbor's and friends leaves have all changed from top to bottom to that fall look. I'm running organic nutrients (BlueSky) maybe that's the dif. Purple leaves are starting to show on the sativa and the Purple Kush still has that brilliant white look.
Big thanks to one of the 6 hero's of the garden in the last pic who ate all the aphids, ants, gnats and fruit flies to keep my garden pest free.

DSC 0002
DSC 0019
DSC 0031
DSC 0053
DSC 0008
DSC 0044
DSC 0032
DSC 0075
DSC 0026
DSC 0083
RodKoehler

RodKoehler

Yellow leaves aren't as pretty as green. We're at 4100 ft. elevation with cold, pure water soaking through the glacial volcano. I've found the 15 gallon smart pot plants are yellowing more quickly than the two I put in the ground. Picture 1 shows comparison between Sour Diesel clone in the ground, next to Sour Diesel in smart pot. My theory is the smart pots need to be much bigger as 15 gallon doesn't allow enough root expansion. So next year, I either ditch smart pots and plant in the ground, or get way bigger smart pots. I also could have over nuted them, or the temp is dropping in the 40s at night. Or they could be dropping because it's getting close to time. All milky trikes. Looks like three to five weeks depending on when the freezing starts. Picture two is some gorilla glue #4.
Growing certainly has helped my attitude during the pandemic!

ITdX2McoRBKRg514ycyWGA
5kuI5NFeTiqIqFA7IFYrQ
Last edited:
Holyswagger

Holyswagger

Update on the BC pink kush grow. Plants are doing great man.. I hit them with molasses 1.5 teaspoons per gallon and a half... 5ml of rubicon organic seaweed and 20ml of microbial mass & top dressed 3 hand cups of vegan worm castings..

5A2EC5E3 4ECC 4DF3 A0E0 99992B7CFFCF
zuckuss11

zuckuss11

Yellow leaves aren't as pretty as green. We're at 4100 ft. elevation with cold, pure water soaking through the glacial volcano. I've found the 15 gallon smart pot plants are yellowing more quickly than the two I put in the ground. Picture 1 shows comparison between Sour Diesel clone in the ground, next to Sour Diesel in smart pot. My theory is the smart pots need to be much bigger as 15 gallon doesn't allow enough root expansion. So next year, I either ditch smart pots and plant in the ground, or get way bigger smart pots. I also could have over nuted them, or the temp is dropping in the 40s at night. Or they could be dropping because it's getting close to time. All milky trikes. Looks like three to five weeks depending on when the freezing starts. Picture two is some gorilla glue #4.
Growing certainly has helped my attitude during the pandemic!
I have a 50 gallon fabric pot and it worked out well this year, especially with the location, everything is healthy. Another is in a 20 gallon which is still to small. When I harvest I will check the root size out I'm sure I'm going to have to move up between 75-100 G.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I have a 50 gallon fabric pot and it worked out well this year, especially with the location, everything is healthy. Another is in a 20 gallon which is still to small. When I harvest I will check the root size out I'm sure I'm going to have to move up between 75-100 G.

That sound about right. I ran 2- 40 gal pots last year made from 55 gal HDPE plastic barrels. Worked out well, but even then the roots were trying to reach through the drain holes. I just went right into the ground this year instead, dug out a good hole, amended the soil and away we went.

Onrgro

Onrgro

That sound about right. I ran 2- 40 gal pots last year made from 55 gal HDPE plastic barrels. Worked out well, but even then the roots were trying to reach through the drain holes. I just went right into the ground this year instead, dug out a good hole, amended the soil and away we went.
What I did this year is planted in a 20 gallon pot cutting bottom out of pot,the positive to this is getting plant off ground, just pulled a 8 pound plant doing it this way

RodKoehler

RodKoehler

What I did this year is planted in a 20 gallon pot cutting bottom out of pot,the positive to this is getting plant off ground, just pulled a 8 pound plant doing it this way
Exactly what I'm doing next year. Cutting bottoms out of my 15 gallon smart pots.

frebo

frebo

There are growers here in S. Oregon that are doing a very similar thing.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Nice, I dug a hole too and filled it with potting soil. Also layered a larger area around the plant with compost later in the season.

wesk

wesk

The auto is my only bet I’m thinking now as they will know to come back as already said but I will build defenses.
Or you can get yourself one of these and do whatever you want. :-) The least favorite part of his fucking day is when I make him sit still long enough for a picture. 125 lb of farm-bred muscle. I wouldn’t come up here if I didn’t know him. I don’t think anyone else will either. He’s a good boy.

equinox

equinox

This is my first ever grow and I've made every possible mistake getting to this point. Someday I will tell the whole story so you can have a good chuckle at how little I understood about all this when I started out. I'm pretty pleased I've gotten this close and with any luck I will make it through these last few weeks to my first harvest ever. Wish me luck! Here's my best plant.

20200925 160917943 iOS
20200925 160830510 iOS
20200925 160759556 iOS
Top Bottom