Lost's MPB's

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColoMediCann

Thanks for the great thread.

Between your threads and Mr. Dizzle´s a lot my questions about the details of the MPB are clearing up.

:yes

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

What up lost.
Thing's are lookin real nice. That big girl is going awesome. I cant wait to see her all filled up with bud's,
Keep killin it bro.

L

Lost

Dizzle - I need some help hommie..

Im 4 weeks in and I wanted advice on taking fan leaves. Basically, how many do I take.. What should it look like..

Im primarily concerned on the big bubba. The fans are huge on this plant and I would like to remove them earlier than I usually do (week 7 or 8 to give them a tan.)

Anyway and advice you have would be appreciated.

M

mrdizzle

Its hard to say, When I take them off I basically thin out the fan leaves, I dont take them all off, but if you take 20 off that monster you will see all these new budsites, and if you listen you can hear them say thank you. I just kinda take off some, stand back and look at the plant, then pull maybe 10 more and stand back and look . I usually pull after day 21 but wk 4 isnt a bad thing either. there is a whole world of other fan leaves behind all those monster "shade" leaves that are ready and willing to absorb light. I know about 25 people will chime in after this post to tell you not too but I think its a sin not too

L

Lost

No, not a sin at all but I do think the timing is somewhat critical :)

Thx.. I took about 20 off 4 days ago and about 15 yesterday. You cannot even tell, lol. Well, just a little..

R

REGISTRD

No, not a sin at all but I do think the timing is somewhat critical :)

Thx.. I took about 20 off 4 days ago and about 15 yesterday. You cannot even tell, lol. Well, just a little..

Dude honestly dont count the leaves! I fill up buckets of leaves with this 98 bubba. Like Dizz said just start pulling man. the sites will talk to you.. stand back and see who needs light.. I do a lower cleaning and fan leaf clean up at 2 weeks(kinda normal) Then at the 4th week I come in like a bat out of hell and start ripping shit off left/right..
Ill do another cleanup at the 6th week its kinda minor compared to the 4th but definitly needed and opens em all back up....:pimp:
But like Dizzle said im sure 25 others will call us Idiots!

And ohhh NICE ROOTS MAN.. those are beautiful!! looks like an advertisement there so white!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
What's happening Lost!!! WTF... I guess I was lost and didn't realize you had a new journal... :big_boss: badass MPB setup brah! Keep up the good work and it looks like I made it just in time for the bud shots... :D

L

Lost

Will do.. Probablly be a few days.. Been hanging drywall and have a a little more to do plus mudding. Ick..

I also want to give her a day before I pluck more so she doesn't completely freak out. I need to pluck a fair amount more I figure..

L

Lost

Dizzle Update!!!!!

Ok Here is where I stand. I have taken a ton of fan leaves. I have taken 50 + that were bigger than my hand, aat least 25 of which were 7 inches across, LOL!

Fuggin 98 bubba, LOL!!

Oh.. And drywall hung.. Mudding done!!

Week4 1
Week4 2
Week4 3
Week4 4
Week4 5
Week4 6
Week4 7
Week4 8
Week4 9
Week4fav
L

Lost

4 1/2 weeks to go...

Pics 6 and last are my super secret bubba and OG coco pots. Recipe is TOP SECRET!! (Ok, it straight roots coco mix, lol)

Edit to the edit of the eddited eddied: I fill up my watering jug from the mpd res, so it gets the same as the MPD's..

Fact: A granny's watering jug is the most useful thing evar.. Especially if teh spout is long..

T

TyKaycha

4 1/2 weeks to go...

Pics 6 and last are my super secret bubba and OG coco pots. Recipe is TOP SECRET!!....

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....!!!! Looking good there Lost (the plants I mean...Hahaha!)

B

Boots Sugarleaf

lookin good bro! That last bud shot has that signature bubba bud structure, nice pic(edit)

looks like you have the bulbs all the way at the tops now? not in the canopy a little still?

S

SRHninja

Amazing mpd man thx for the help and the direction!

I noticed you have the tomato cage around the plants is this a form of scrog and supporting the branches?

You also said you expected 1 pound a plant?
You couldn't do that with just a 1k bulb and ebb and flow table right?.. im looking for direction ya got time drop by my threads help me get started.

thx

M

mrdizzle

they look great, I think your gonna be happy your plucked those. haha there is still a ton that way I can never understand why people are so afraid to do it. to each there own looking great thou

you flipped the big one at 40inch right

L

Lost

Amazing mpd man thx for the help and the direction!

I noticed you have the tomato cage around the plants is this a form of scrog and supporting the branches?

You also said you expected 1 pound a plant?
You couldn't do that with just a 1k bulb and ebb and flow table right?.. im looking for direction ya got time drop by my threads help me get started.

thx

Its not a tomato cage actually. Its a 4x8 sheet of concrete reinforcement. I cut off about 2 feet or so and zip tied the ends together to make a circle. This is how DD's runs it because when you have plants this big, the buds get so heavy they cannot sopport themselfs and you would need 70-80 yoyo's per plant to hold the buds up. This way you don't have to mess too much with training the plant.. the cage does it automatically.

I expect a pound a plant from the smaller ones, probablly less. They were not vegged long enough for the strain I am running. You have to veg big with my bubba cut. The monster should produce more than 2 (maybe more, who knows, but I think within an oz of 2 lbs is where she will end up.. ... but i expect 1 lb a plant this run. Next run I will veg longer and use more tubs/lights.

they look great, I think your gonna be happy your plucked those. haha there is still a ton that way I can never understand why people are so afraid to do it. to each there own looking great thou

you flipped the big one at 40inch right

I flipped right about 40ish, yea. I would not flip smaller with the kushes. I think that once I get it dialed, I could be looking at 3lb a plant avg's with the bubba. Who knows tho, DD's has mucho more talent than I do, no doubt!!

L

Lost

Oh, and I think the 1500's are the way to go. The buds facing that light are noteably larger. Its not like twice the size or anything, but they are just that much fatter, and frostier. The light itself is very white and it seems the plants like it better than the 1k hps hortilux bulbs. I'll try to keep this thread updated with how effective or not effective they are..

Dizzle - Do you think I should go in and take some more off in a few days / week?

Top Bottom