Lost's MPB's

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

its hard to say, I usually only do one major leaf pluck at day 21, but in the past when I was on 4x8tables I would done it on wk 3 and wk 6 and then right before chop with great results. I say go for it

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick shots Lost! Those tub ladies are Huge!!! Great job on the MPB... Time to get comfy for the show... :character0113:

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey lost do you use roots xcl and algen, along with the great white, I just noticed some brown slime action on my roots and are wondering if you ran into this issue? Also are you using the hydro fungicide? my apologies if you've already answered these question earlier in the thread...

L

Lost

I use great white, roots excel, and multizyme. Other than that its just aqua flakes, sweet and an occational splash of gravity. Don't do the gravity unless you can stand the speckling on the leaf edges..

I do end up with what I believe to be myco islands in my res. Still spots where the stuff has grow into a great white colored mass. Its breaks into little pieces when disturbed. Brown slime sounds bad, are you running a chiller?

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I am running a chiller at about 66, ph is a little high at 6.3, ppm are about 700.

L

Lost

COCO POTTED MPB'S BITCHES!! lol...

Edit : I put Hydroton over the coco to keep it moist..

Cocobitches
chrometrichs

chrometrichs

super fresh, next run I'm going that route, I'm guessing it just takes a few extra days for the roots to penetrate the cocobasket?

L

Lost

I have no idea.. I have never done it this way before. It was Dizzle's idea, so when I fount the 8 inch coco pots, I was stoked. I always run a few cocopots with my DWC, and now I can go all coco and just transplant my good ones into MPB's.

I'll see how it goes, so far its just an experiment....

L

Lost

these are great if you haven't' tried them yet

CC375.jpg

I might have to give that a try.

That first one was in a 4x4 Roots coco and pearlite mix. I added 2 inches of perlite to the bottom of the basket and just put the potted plant into the basket and filled it in with more coco. Im interested in how it will work, because i know that the bene;s can colonize the coco waaaay better than the hydroton.

M

mrdizzle

those are cool but they have a rock hard coco brick at the bottom to prevent roots from going out, or at least they used to they may have changed.

Hey lost did you but a nice layer of rocks under the basket to keep the pot from sitting in the water.

these pots are great because they air prune your roots so that you dont have any dead roots on the bottom of your rockwool. the root structure in these pots are amazing. I left the lip uncovered so i could run the drip lines right on the outside of the baskets so the roots will pop out to get it

hows everything looking

L

Lost

Hey lost did you but a nice layer of rocks under the basket to keep the pot from sitting in the water.

these pots are great because they air prune your roots so that you dont have any dead roots on the bottom of your rockwool. the root structure in these pots are amazing. I left the lip uncovered so i could run the drip lines right on the outside of the baskets so the roots will pop out to get it

hows everything looking

Oh.. Now you tell me, lol.

I guess tommorrow Ill pull the pot up and get a layer of hydroton under there.

This is just my first one. I was going to make sure it worked before I made more.

L

Lost

Week 5 updates.. Lots of trics and with the flash in the dark, the majority of my pics got blurred out. I added a little snow storm ultra for the last few days before the res change..

Week5
Week5a
Week5b
Week5c
Week5d
Week5e
Week5f
Week5g
Week5h
Week5i
Week5j
Week5k
D

doubleds

heh lost

very nice grow man, looking great for your first mpb run!!
Are you happy with the setuop?

dds

L

Lost

heh lost

very nice grow man, looking great for your first mpb run!!
Are you happy with the setuop?

dds

You know it! I have to give you a huge thanks for designing this system. It really is well thought out. Can't wait untill your system hits retail. I'll be picking it up when $$ allows. Thx again DD's!

L

Lost

P.S. - I have decided I do not like my drains anymore.. The hose Im using is too thick and a pain in the ass to work with. Back to the drawing board on that one...

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Lost that flexible 1" tubing I have, Im telling you is THE SHIT! I use the regular 1" ebb/flow fittings, not sure if you would have to re-cut tubs but having some flexibility to be able to move your tubs and hoses around goes a long way. Btw, search amazon for danner tubing, I found 100 foot rolls of that tubing for $2, which I'm guessing is the price per foot, but its listed as a 100 foot roll.....

How is your halea air pump working out for you btw, quiet?

Top Bottom