Meanwhile, back at The Ranch... the hunt was on fer Aliens and other exotic creatures of loveliness

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

The first round of ARC's also had a rough life...yellowing/funkin out on me....and I just took em a few days ago @ 75 days...though that count isn''t a good representation cus they stalled forever. Either way...like the first wave of PTA's.... I will get an idea of the basic taste each has....and we will go from there.

Smells at the chop....ARC #4 kinda has a similar smell as the PTA #4. Kinda purp'd...might do more on that front if it is grown properly :rolleyes:.

#5 is the more bland pheno of the 3. Never say never...but....unlikely this will shine

#6 is Tahoe/Berry-kinda dankness... will have to see how it shakes out in the smoke but for now I'll say "interesting".

No Sprite/7 Up in these.... but hopefully something will gel/stick

2nd wave of clones is rockin. No yellowing. Settin bud well. Of the 3 phenos.....I like the structure of #6 the best. Fat leaves....more of a "Grows all over" for "stretch" wheras #4 & 5 both do that super stretchy Dawg/kush thing with stretchy nodes.

Everything is huge. Just crazy.

sky high

sky high

Thought I'd post/ask and see if anyone has an idea what kinda deficiency this Purple cheddar may be exhibiting. I noticed (and you can see in the plant/bud shot pic on the far right) that there's a spotting and then a discoloration of yellow/brown...and some curl up on the leaf.

Thinking this is plant specific. Nobody else in the room....out of more than a handful of strains and a buncha plants...is doin it. Same soil mix...same ferts...etc.

Would love to figure it out. This is a stanky/grapey/dank plant so far. Not huge yielding but very nice.

Ideas? (I haven't chased anything yet) Wondered first if the leaf thing might be a trait of one of the parents?
IMG 1020 2640x1979
IMG 1021 2640x1979

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I would say salt build up? Maybe its a bit sensitive in that regard? Everything is lookin killer though! That Purple Cheddar looks like a winner!

winta

winta

just read/got caught up on your thread...everything is lookin killer bro!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

winta, winta, chicken dinnna. been years bro.

hope you've been good and chillin n shit

sky high

sky high

Yeah bro...still playin' in the fog. Was 2 years ago TODAY I last saw my son. Fuck.

Hope all is well on yer end winta. Weren't ya waiting for a second kid to drop the last time we spoke? (sorry...the fog is thick)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Yeah bro...still playin' in the fog. Was 2 years ago TODAY I last saw my son. Fuck.

Hope all is well on yer end winta. Weren't ya waiting for a second kid to drop the last time we spoke? (sorry...the fog is thick)
i know man, its real hard sometimes, even when you hit those moments you almost relapse... like walking into the living room and expecting them to be sitting on the couch.... its been about 8-9 years since my best friend since birth passed away. im not even going to compare that to the loss of own flesh and blood, with good people like you.... but i know exactly what you mean sky. its something that will always be in your head, plan for days on ways to change it only to come back to reality and know we cant time travel :-/...

you know the # bro.... all that needs to be said.
and have a happy new year!

sky high

sky high

'Bout time to take a swim in the cement pond.... 68 days. Was hopin for more fade but I think the pool set up makes that tougher to pull off than growing in individual containers.
Every run is different (for me, anyway) but by judging on this run, containers may offer better yields/more control across the board and a slightly larger yield. The pool >IS< good for stretching out the waterings though. Every 3-4 days vs. daily/every 2nd day.
IMG 1015 2640x1979

sky high

sky high

the pool guy came yesterday and took care of the Lem chems and Tahoes. Man was he stoned by the time he left.

Tahoe #4 is just a crazy/stanky girl. Dunno what that smell is...but it's nice. #3 was so, so frosty.....but the taste was off/wasn't there for me. Gotta be Bubba er something in there not to my liking.

Sadly...it seems to be the same gig with the 3 ARC's. The only way I can describe the smell is >pedestrian<. The stuff that dries out with a faint smell bordering on some sort of paint combined with hay that smokes a bit hot and smells kinda incensey when you walk back in the room. Damn. With all the problems I had and the shit-ton of males I hoped to at least eeeek out >>something<< here.

Oh well...win some, lose some. With the clone troubles early on I got the flow all screwed up and couldn't make any decisions....and as a result...have a bunch of these in bloom...so it looks like a huge hash run is imminent.

On a brighter note..... not gonna be a huge yielder...but the Conni Purple cheddar smells like a big wad of grape bubblegum and is purpin nicely. Definitely gonna be buying/running more of these as well as some of the other Conni fems.

Tahoe #4 --- 70 days
IMG 1044

K

kuz

Going to flip a rainbow jones in a couple weeks. Didnt realize is was femenized when i bought them, but I'm excited for it after seeing how much your digging the connie seeds. One of the moonwalker plants is really strange, left side looks completely different from the right side. That plant has great structure though, lots of nodes.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Lookin gorgeous mang!
Funny i have a buddy that just chopped some LAD not too long ago and just got a bag... he seems to have the OPPOSITE problems as you i think you two need to get together haha. the terpenes and oils on his LAD are crazy, they seriously make your eyes water from the stench of lemons and eucalyptus. yields huge. no frost. bummed. haha.
his purple tahoe aliens turned out like that too (yours were wayyy frostier) but the smell is like FUCKKKKK up your house and block stench haha. dont know why they arent frostin though... there are plenty right next to em getting the caked on.

stay up man! girls are looking good as usual.

sky high

sky high

Pass the fuckin Geritol, my friend!

Yer buddies LAD's/Tahoes may frost more heavily next run if this run was the from seed go of it. This 2nd run here was wayyyyyyy frostier across the board. Yeah...wish I woulda found a lemon/pledge/Sprite/etc/etc/etc in the ARC's. WAY disappointing. Still have hope maybe grit will stumble into a keeper in the seeds he is running though...

The Conni gear is nice stuff, kuz. Wish there were more fems available here at the Farm. Will be interested to hear what you find in the RJones! Sleepers...for sure!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Looking good sky. I assume the tahoes referred to above are the purple Tahoe alien? My Tahoe alien f2 has a hairspray smell to it. Fairly unique.

Good to see the conni stuff looking so good. About to flower a Casey jones cut , which I know they've done a lot of breeding with.

Keep up be great work.

outwest

sky high

sky high

Will be interested to hear what you think of the Casey Jones, outwest. That's one that has been around awhile, for sure.

Runnin the pool again....but this time I took all the dirt out and slapped some 2 gal rounds and a couple of drilled out Dutch buckets in there. Motorbreath and Lem Chem this go around. Went 12/12 yesterday. Will run the Lems a few more times and by then I should be able to isolate who takes the prize outta Lem Chem...Motobreath, Uber, and Stardawg.

The lone PTA is the only Alien gear that is going forward here. Heard a noise last night in the Lab and by the time I got out there all 3 of the ARC pheno's were gone....blasted into deep space, I suppose. Hopefully something in the 2nd invasion at grit's pad will offer better results.

sky high

sky high

Speaking of the Lab..... here's a peek into the newly constructed, "Magic Box" here @ the Ranch....

Meet Jayne (the John) Wayne from Grit*DawgLand. She rode into the Ranch a month ago, took a long shower, and few weeks later....started dressing like a Cowboy. Now "he" is out on the town, strutting the bling...and is about to score (he hopes) with a harem of varietal ladies who have gathered around at his feet for some leaf shots ;) and some impregnation action. Wham-bam-thank-ya-ma'am! Hoonka-shuunka-Hoooonka-Shuuuunnnkka!

I tried this experiment last year....but I either fucked somethin up (in my ongoing fog) or the BB I was trying to reverse didn't fully reverse(?)....cus the whole thing was a wash out. No seeds whatsoever.

Figures....try to make seed...nope. Don't try to make seed. "WTF is this doin' in here on this run?"

Hopefully the nut will be busted this time around and we can call the deed done. Getting real close, ya think?
IMG 1066

true grit

true grit

Oh ya he/she bout to bust. Looking good man, stoked to see it go down. ANd hadn't seen that PTA4 pic from earlier- DaMN! Looking great man!

sky high

sky high

And a bit more Grit*Dawg action!

Momma Grit*Dawg - 73 days in a 7 gallon shorty.

Would have been a perfect grow but as I pulled her out I saw some boytris. You can see it in the pic on the top left cola and a tiny bit on the center cola. Shoulda seen those brown curlin leaves sooner dumbass! Oh well.... we'll clip it out and go on. Just too humid in there with all of these plants/dirt. Added a fan. Hopefully that will take care of things. This cola/plant was in the far back corner, FWIW. I hate humidity.

Either way...she's still gonna yield pretty well........

IMG 1067 1368x1824
IMG 1068 1368x1824
IMG 1070 1368x1824

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

Thought I'd post/ask and see if anyone has an idea what kinda deficiency this Purple cheddar may be exhibiting. I noticed (and you can see in the plant/bud shot pic on the far right) that there's a spotting and then a discoloration of yellow/brown...and some curl up on the leaf.

Thinking this is plant specific. Nobody else in the room....out of more than a handful of strains and a buncha plants...is doin it. Same soil mix...same ferts...etc.

Would love to figure it out. This is a stanky/grapey/dank plant so far. Not huge yielding but very nice.

Ideas? (I haven't chased anything yet) Wondered first if the leaf thing might be a trait of one of the parents? View attachment 279260View attachment 279261

looks like the same problem i had on my last grow i came to the conclusion they needed more bloom ferts maybe phos but im no pro lol :) nice pics as well dand bro

Top Bottom