Mighty Wash?

• Thread starter chaosinc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

So, update: It's got pyrethrin or pyrethrum in it. Was in Medford and asked for a sample from the store that's suppose to be associated with the manufacturer (In and Out). The guy told me it has "less than a percentage, like a 1/10th" of pyrethrum. Didn't quite catch if he said "pyrethrin" (the synthetic version) or "pyrethrum" (the natural one) but either way they are lying on the label and breaking the law by selling an unregistered and unlabeled pesticide product.
heathergraham2.jpg

Fuck these cowboys, I'm reporting their asses to the regulators. Who knows what's in the shit, you've got people thinking it's water spraying it on nearly finished buds without any protective gear. It's not fucking magic, they are selling unlabeled chemicals and lying to our faces about it. I was OK with ripping people off and selling water for $50 a gallon, caveat emptor right? But this is beyond the pale.

*War drum beating*

Thanks girlwondergrows. That is by far the most accurate information that anyone has presented.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

So, update: It's got pyrethrin or pyrethrum in it. Was in Medford and asked for a sample from the store that's suppose to be associated with the manufacturer (In and Out). The guy told me it has "less than a percentage, like a 1/10th" of pyrethrum. Didn't quite catch if he said "pyrethrin" (the synthetic version) or "pyrethrum" (the natural one) but either way they are lying on the label and breaking the law by selling an unregistered and unlabeled pesticide product.

Fuck these cowboys, I'm reporting their asses to the regulators. Who knows what's in the shit, you've got people thinking it's water spraying it on nearly finished buds without any protective gear. It's not fucking magic, they are selling unlabeled chemicals and lying to our faces about it. I was OK with ripping people off and selling water for $50 a gallon, caveat emptor right? But this is beyond the pale.

*War drum beating*

He could be wrong...

wouldn't be the first time the guy at the hydro store didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Just another possibility..

dankworth

dankworth

He could be wrong...

wouldn't be the first time the guy at the hydro store didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Just another possibility..

1 post?
I think I smell something.
Do I smell

spam.jpg

or, for those that still have dial-up

http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwCgucRdqU5Xgxk5HtqzhcwWB_h_kxoQtjUWb8CoGXlbJr1ca_

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

What? I just payed $35 for a bottle of pythium? I can make that shit myself by just leaving a warm bucket of water in the corner.

Okay just kidding. I think Missisip is pointing out an almost-truism about hydro-shop boneheads, but also assuming someone like GWG knows enough to poke them with the right questions and gauge credibility of the response. Especially per her comment about them being connected wth the mfg.

I want more info from NPK, and if this is Pyr-anything I'll be taking it back for a refund.

O

oldschooltofu

why doesnt someone have it reversed engineered, then everyone will know exactly what it is.

anyone know any chemists?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

1 post?
I think I smell something.
Do I smell

spam.jpg

or, for those that still have dial-up

http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwCgucRdqU5Xgxk5HtqzhcwWB_h_kxoQtjUWb8CoGXlbJr1ca_

or maybe I got banned and need ten posts to private message a mod to find out why.

A link a study showing pyrethrins in MW would be a little better than 'the guy at the hydro store said"....IMHO

Easy on the spam...we are friends bro....lol....ya just dont know it

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

I heard a rumor that the manufacturer submitted Mighty Wash to a testing agency to verify it's "frequency imprint" - the testing agency put the sample through a very very delicate and highly precise water testing instrument. The Mighty Wash completely fouled the equipment because of it's undeclared oil content. The testing agency was none to pleased, or at least that's how the little birds told it.

But a simple examination of the product will reveal it's not just water, it has high pH and runs around 700 ppm. There is also a visible oil sheen to the liquid.

dankworth

dankworth

I heard a rumor that the manufacturer submitted Mighty Wash to a testing agency to verify it's "frequency imprint" - the testing agency put the sample through a very very delicate and highly precise water testing instrument. The Mighty Wash completely fouled the equipment because of it's undeclared oil content. The testing agency was none to pleased, or at least that's how the little birds told it.

But a simple examination of the product will reveal it's not just water, it has high pH and runs around 700 ppm. There is also a visible oil sheen to the liquid.

Is there a simple way to extract the oil? Distillation, or maybe just simmering off the water for a while? Perhaps more could be learned if we could examine a more concentrated form of the oil.

Or would the heat affect the oil and prevent accurate assessment?
Where are those unemployed academics when you need them.

Maybe Mississippi Hip has more input.
What do you say, Hip? Feel like offering a huge chunk of your free time to try to provide answers for free to strangers?

That way you would not look like somebody connected to Mighty Wash.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I dont know whats in it.

With sns21? and MW I got rid of a mild infestation on one plant I got from a homie.

It took 2 apps of each and they were gone. Thats been a month...they are gone for sure.

Is there a pyrethrin that will kill an infestation of mites in that miniscule amount?

less than 1/10 of a percent is strong. real strong.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hey girl, where you gettin these rumors, huh? You're gonna have some panties wadded up and flaming yer way any second without substantiating that a bit more. Not that I doubt your hypothesis of course, but these guys are screaming for quality proof like chromatography, etc before they'll 'believe' anything. Do you really think NPK would stoop to having their reps drinking low levels of insecticide? Guess we are talking about the hydro-industry here though..

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Is there a simple way to extract the oil? Distillation, or maybe just simmering off the water for a while? Perhaps more could be learned if we could examine a more concentrated form of the oil.

Or would the heat affect the oil and prevent accurate assessment?
Where are those unemployed academics when you need them.

Maybe Mississippi Hip has more input.
What do you say, Hip? Feel like offering a huge chunk of your free time to try to provide answers for free to strangers?

That way you would not look like somebody connected to Mighty Wash.

If its oil and water a seperatory funnel would suffice.

No heat needed

B

bongfarm

Now I don't KNOW, but I Think there's just dishsoap in there. 2 (small) drops of dishsoap to 1 gal of water is by far the BEST mite eradicator I've ever come across. Just a thought.

dankworth

dankworth

Now I don't KNOW, but I Think there's just dishsoap in there. 2 (small) drops of dishsoap to 1 gal of water is by far the BEST mite eradicator I've ever come across. Just a thought.

What brand of dishsoap do you think they used?

hellaouts

hellaouts

I dont know whats in it.

With sns21? and MW I got rid of a mild infestation on one plant I got from a homie.

It took 2 apps of each and they were gone. Thats been a month...they are gone for sure.

Is there a pyrethrin that will kill an infestation of mites in that miniscule amount?

less than 1/10 of a percent is strong. real strong.

AVID .15 EC dilution rate
A spray was made by diluting 1ml containing 2% of total active ingredient into 1 gallon of water at the rate of 1 part in 3785(1ml to 1gal) parts of spray.

2 / 3785 = ..0005% active ingredient in spray.

FLORAMITE SC dilution rate
A spray was made by diluting 1ml containing 22.% of total active ingredient into 1 gallon of water at the rate of 1 part in 3785 parts of spray

22/3785= .006% active ingredient in spray

I know neither product is a pyrithrin but both are labeled to treat for mites at these rates.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

AVID .15 EC dilution rate
A spray was made by diluting 1ml containing 2% of total active ingredient into 1 gallon of water at the rate of 1 part in 3785(1ml to 1gal) parts of spray.

2 / 3785 = ..0005% active ingredient in spray.

FLORAMITE® SC dilution rate
A spray was made by diluting 1ml containing 22.% of total active ingredient into 1 gallon of water at the rate of 1 part in 3785 parts of spray

22/3785= .006% active ingredient in spray

I know neither product is a pyrithrin but both are labeled to treat for mites at these rates.

Oh yeah....no doubt.

Merit 75 is derived from tobacco. The starting point doesn't matter. Its the end product.

I dont think there IS a pyrethrin that is effective against spider mites at that dilution, was my point.

I didn't think anybody could name a pyrethrin that strong. But I am sure open to learning...without a doubt, thats how we all learn. Thats why I frequent these forums at all.

I googled Mighty Wash MSDS and couldn't find one....I had a root canal yesterday though and I am real high on pain killers. I coulda missed it.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Pretty bold assumption considering it's mites we're talking about. Let us know again if youre still clean in another month or so? Btw, I've also used that sns rosemary product and watched it have no effect on crawlers after heavy direct spaying. And there are lots of products available to kill a few mites, but complete eradication on live plants is next to impossible without something for the eggs too (very few options so far).

Interesting thought, tried that more than once? Mechanism of action? Or just unknowable secret weed-growing magic?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

:bong-hits:
Pretty bold assumption considering it's mites we're talking about. Let us know again if youre still clean in another month or so? Btw, I've also used that sns rosemary product and watched it have no effect on crawlers after heavy direct spaying. And there are lots of products available to kill a few mites, but complete eradication on live plants is next to impossible without something for the eggs too (very few options so far).

Interesting thought, tried that more than once? Mechanism of action? Or just unknowable secret weed-growing magic?

Perhaps I should have added i spent a half hour or so each day pulling leaves and smashing bugs and eggs.

On one plant...I just thought everybody would be that dilligent...but I know I am pretty damn gay about this stuff. I hate them.

A week after zero signs I transplanted it and tossed the soil and pot.

Its been a month with no bugs.

Theres no way an egg is somewhere waiting to hatch. Their life cycle doesn't work that way. They haven't been at hibernation temps and its new soil.

I prolly coulda used any number of less toxic pesticides by staying on top of the plant the way I did. These just happen to be what worked for me.

I will post back in a month though if this thread is still kickin. I prolly will forget though...lol...:joint:

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Can't remember if Mhip reported back before the reboot, but this stuff is no doubt bad-ass. Melts mites into goo and eggs too. I don't really mind paying their price considering how effective it is, just really wish we had a complete ingredient list to decide safety for ourselves.

southstreets

southstreets

Yea it does work! Got some bad clones from someone and it got rid of everything! Been over a month with no signs at all.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Here is the MSDS... Still not sure what is in it though... Just says it is proprietary and protected...

Latest posts

Top Bottom