Mighty Wash?

• Thread starter chaosinc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

I have been using Mighty wash for a few months , but only when i see infection. I even rotate my insecticides from captain jacks, azamax, SNS and mighty wash . Prevention is the key people! remove all heavily egged leafs, heavily spray. wait every 3-5 days and then repeat. I even shopp vaccum if i seee any eggs. When i get some time I want to switch my setup to being able to use a fogger on all foliar sprays.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

How does the MW work as a drench for fungus gnats/root aphids? I saw on another thread that folks were using it....anyone?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i took one of my infected indoor moms outside left her there for a week and let it get webbed up, sprayed mighty was on it, went back three days later hit em again and its been 2 weeks, no return sign
Im glad you found something to replace AVID that shit should be illegal just read the label says not to use in neighborhoods its that bad I have a bottle of that mighty wash there just in case but i havent needed it hope i never do

N

nightmarecreature

This is what I believe Might Wash is.

"It turns out that zapping salt water with low-voltage electricity creates a couple of powerful yet nontoxic cleaning agents. Sodium ions are converted into sodium hydroxide, an alkaline liquid that cleans and degreases like detergent, but without the scrubbing bubbles. Chloride ions become hypochlorous acid, a potent disinfectant known as acid water."

It's basically electrolized salt water.

sun

sun

I have these guys entire line , for free .They gave them out free in SLO.

N

nightmarecreature

Ideally, sodium chloride salts(NaCl) are added to pure water
Voltage is applied across anode and cathode
Cathode area produces alkaline(reducing) water
Anode area produces acidic(oxidizing) water
The PH of Mighty Wash is around 8. It's the Alkaline reducing water that is used, It wouldn't be hard to make a few gallons at home.

squiggly

squiggly

Ideally, sodium chloride salts(NaCl) are added to pure water
Voltage is applied across anode and cathode
Cathode area produces alkaline(reducing) water
Anode area produces acidic(oxidizing) water
The PH of Mighty Wash is around 8. It's the Alkaline reducing water that is used, It wouldn't be hard to make a few gallons at home.

Yes it would because you'd blow yourself up with hydrogen gas in all likelihood.

Do not do this.

N

nightmarecreature

lol. No. I have taken two years of chemistry. I used to light Hydrogen Gas all the time. It makes a loud pop sound. It can be made with a 9volt battery. I'm going to make a small batch and see if it works on spide mites. If you use lots of electricity in a small enclosed spaced and lit a match if would go boom.

squiggly

squiggly

lol. No. I have taken two years of chemistry. I used to light Hydrogen Gas all the time. It makes a loud pop sound. It can be made with a 9volt battery. I'm going to make a small batch and see if it works on spide mites. If you use lots of electricity in a small enclosed spaced and lit a match if would go boom.

Why not just buy sodium hydroxide and put it in water? It's the same shit.

Also--I am a chemist, FWIW.

If you light hydrogen all of the time--you are a silly person with a wish for personal injury.

If you were to make a couple gallons of this stuff (as you stated you could) and were not careful--you very much could blow yourself the hell up. Please do not give people dangerous ideas if you aren't absolutely positive about the information you are providing.

N

nightmarecreature

It is the same thing, but I would not know how much to use. It's more dangerous working with lye. Try it on spider mites and report back.

As long as you have ventilation, electrolysis is not a problem. It would be dangerous if you were doing it in say a bathroom. I'll make a gallon of it and see how it works.

squiggly

squiggly

It is the same thing, but I would not know how much to use. Try it on spider mites and report back.

As long as you have ventilation, electrolysis is not a problem. It would be dangerous if you were doing it in say a bathroom. I'll make a gallon of it and see how it works.

It's dangerous if you don't know what the fuck you're doing--which is 99.99999% of people.

There are a litany of things that can go wrong doing this, to name a few:

1. Electrocution.

2. Explosion.

3. Chemical burns (permanent skin damage, loss of vision, etc.)

It's just not safe. People should not perform electrolysis at home.

If you wouldn't know how much NaOH to add--then you wouldn't know how much current, how many watts per amp, or for how long to run it through the solution. You're still up shit's creek.

Chances of you overvolting the solution are nearly 100% if you are not an electrical engineer.

You can take the risk if you'd like--for the rest of the farm I will reiterate.

Do not do this.

N

nightmarecreature

I found a recipe that works on fungus. I will try that recipe on spider mites and see if it kills them.

Please don't use copper wires for electrolysis! The copper will get into the solution making it toxic to both you and your plants. I will be using inert carbon rods to perform electrolysis. I will also be doing half a gallon outside using 8 volts DC. I have a respirator but i wont need it, goggles should suffice.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Maybe a little salt fucks with the mites (alkaline, charged?) ? They are gelatinous creatures w/o exoskeleton protection. Like pouring salt on a slug? Neem prevents the respiration through their membrane and has terminal effects (azadiractin). Maybe they approached killing the fuckers from the other angle?

So I'm thinking charged salt at the right pH, could act like Napalm to the fuckers.
Like earlier stated, I just don't understand how you would contain a frequency within a liquid, without the input of constant energy. All instances of frequency death occur with high input energies nearby.

Also, second the dish soap. Been adding a little Dawn to my neem with WARM/HOT water now, and BOOM, doing better than Azatrol with cold water/luke warm no detergent. All these years and I never understood the importance of having the temp right when spraying, and a surfacant.

squiggly

squiggly

I just don't understand how you would contain a frequency within a liquid, without the input of constant energy. All instances of frequency death occur with high input energies nearby.

It doesn't, this is a horseshit statement.

This is a common tactic of certain companies. I will explain.

They have a product that cannot be patented. If they make a claim about a particular chemical they must divulge the identity of said chemical.

If this application cannot be patented, doing so would open them up to competitors.

If they, instead, make a claim like this one which basically amounts to "it works because it does" then they are not under any obligation to divulge the formula. This protects their proprietary formula.

So long as the stuff works, everyone is happy. The bullshit claim keeps them having having to make a real one--which in turn keeps them from having to back it up. As I said this is a common tactic when trying to protect a formula that cannot be defended legally.

I'll tell ya what. I'll see if I can source some locally when I'm feeling healthy again (presuming I can return to research once I am)--I'll throw some in the NMR and IR spectrometers and see what pops up or if I'm able to identify it.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Was just about to ask "Who's got access to $150K+ worth of lab equipement?"

The problem is, when they make outrageous claims like that, it just makes it that much more obvious it is something cheap and simple, thus lighting a fire for this one, who needs to save money on that shit whenever possible.
After I went to the MaxiBloom, I spend more on anything else than the nutes. Cost cutting.
Knew the freq story had to be bullshit when, "someone in Medford paid 10K for their own, to make their own" and that is the only story of another who has the technology, Hydrostore Folklore.
"Really, NPK is made in Medford? Hmmm....."

Will say, is good to learn all these tricks before I drop my line of oils at the store..."Yeah, the trick is I only use Virgin Polymers....That way they retain their pre-tension annealed geometry, which is really important for the reactive-conductive matrix of the interior bonding surface" :)

High ppm doesn't necessarily mean it's a vital compenent either, they may just have shitty well water and it doesn't affect product, so fuck it, why pay to filter? Probably not the case, but possibly, I've known wells in watersheds to run at 600-700ppm.

N

nightmarecreature

It's the sodium hydroxide that kills the bugs, not any kind of electricity. It's the electricity that creates the sodium hydroxide. There is no current in Mighty Wash!

Don't try to do this, not because its dangerous but because I left out key steps in the process which could make it dangerous and the fact that it won't work without those steps.

During the process there are two containers with a membrane in between. One side is alkaline, the sodium hydroxide side. The other is acidic. The alkaline side is the side that is used.

squiggly

squiggly

It's the sodium hydroxide that kills the bugs, not any kind of electricity. It's the electricity that creates the sodium hydroxide. There is no current in Mighty Wash!

Don't try to do this, not because its dangerous but because I left out key steps in the process which could make it dangerous and the fact that it won't work without those steps.

During the process there are two containers with a membrane in between. One side is alkaline, the sodium hydroxide side. The other is acidic. The alkaline side is the side that is used.

If that's the case then you know exactly how much NaOH to add to create this (without wasting money and time on electrolysis). They have provided the percentages of ingredients on the bottle. Two years of chemistry certainly has left you with the knowledge of how to create a 0.1665% w/v or v/v solution of NaOH, no?

They could potentially be referring to only the sodium ions as well since the OH can typically be passed off as "autoionized water". So if that concentration is too high then 0.08325% would be the next concentration to try.

While they don't have to divulge the ingredients--they certainly do have to provide the appropriate ratios of them on their packaging.

Ultimately you could be right but I think you probably aren't. Those percentages seem way too small to me to do anything appreciable.

N

nightmarecreature

They don't add Sodium Hydoxide AKA Lye! They would have to list it. I know for a fact they use electrolysis and that's how they get away with not having to list it.

I know the exact formula, ratio and ppm of NaCl to water mix. It's a fungus killing formula and might work for bugs.

I'm not looking to copy the Mighty Wash formula or do mathematical calculations with their ratios.

I want to experiment with the formula I have.

N

nightmarecreature

The formula is:
385 PPM of NaCl (Table Salt) added to distilled water
8Volts DC for 60min
Carbon Electrodes out of Zinc Carbon D size batteries (Do NOT stick copper wires in the solution!)

I need to make some kind of membrane. The end product produced an acid. I let it go for 60min and another run for 6 hours. The 6 hour run was just for fun and the PH came out to around 2. A membrane needs to be built so that one side is acidic and the other is alkaline. The Alkaline side being the side that is used for the final solution. The formula I posted is confirmed to kill bacteria and fungi, I believe it will also kill bugs.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The formula is:
385 PPM of NaCl (Table Salt) added to distilled water
8Volts DC for 60min
Carbon Electrodes out of Zinc Carbon D size batteries (Do NOT stick copper wires in the solution!)

I need to make some kind of membrane. The end product produced an acid. I let it go for 60min and another run for 6 hours. The 6 hour run was just for fun and the PH came out to around 2. A membrane needs to be built so that one side is acidic and the other is alkaline. The Alkaline side being the side that is used for the final solution. The formula I posted is confirmed to kill bacteria and fungi, I believe it will also kill bugs.

and he was last seen on NBC news heading to outer space after a very large explosion LOL could happen

Squigg hit the nail on the head frequency adjusted water is bullshit and has been around a long time it's what's in it they don't tell you. Dam it could be water with Avid in it. It does appear to work.

Top Bottom