Needshelpguys Grow Thread

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

You dont seem to need as much help as your user name suggests. ;-)

Really great work in there!
Hahah thanks I still ask for
You dont seem to need as much help as your user name suggests. ;-)

Really great work in there!
Thanks I still ask for plenty of help hahah and been a member here for a couple years now before then I just put them outside and watered, enjoying the challenge of indoors

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Likely good airflow and recirculation.

It takes a while for dehumidifiers to stabalize. It wont run as much when the excess humidity is gone I bet. But bigger with those is better except for the heat they generate. Thats one reason I dehumidify the whole house and basement and intake the inside conditioned air to my tent and rooms.

Plus its healthy for the plants and the humans to have medium humidity.
True I didn't actually realise they generate heat I'll need to keep an eye on that when lights are on thanks

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Hey guys I hadn't checked my ppm for awhile and did today when I fed my 2nd bucket and it was 2000ppm run off like 1700ppm is this too high? I'm just below recommended dosage and dont see signs of overfeeding besides my dark green leaves that I've always had should I back off a bit or just carry on? Week 5 flower

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey guys I hadn't checked my ppm for awhile and did today when I fed my 2nd bucket and it was 2000ppm run off like 1700ppm is this too high? I'm just below recommended dosage and dont see signs of overfeeding besides my dark green leaves that I've always had should I back off a bit or just carry on? Week 5 flower

Are these numbers at a .5 conversion?

If so

Sounds high and the ph is going down over time? I forget if you use potting soil?

I back off about half of that ppm. I have only seen 1000ppm 2.0 ec maybe a little more with one plant. She didnt compain but the flowers sure tasted over fed when dried. Now that i dont feed that high the flavor is much smoother right out of the drying closet even before any jar curing.

Keep in mind wattage and plant size leaf count for nute strength. I read once in an old forum a good meter. Guy said that full strength nutes are for 1000 watts so 60% of directions for 600 watts etc. i actually end up at 60% to 65% of direction on my nutes at peak flowering most often.

Hope any of this was helpful. Nute strength is very hard to recommend with so many variables.

I always say err on the side of underfeeding. Little yellow is ok but burned leaves are permanent.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

If so

Sounds high and the ph is going down over time? I forget if you use potting soil?

I back off about half of that ppm. I have only seen 1000ppm 2.0 ec maybe a little more with one plant. She didnt compain but the flowers sure tasted over fed when dried. Now that i dont feed that high the flavor is much smoother right out of the drying closet even before any jar curing.

Keep in mind wattage and plant size leaf count for nute strength. I read once in an old forum a good meter. Guy said that full strength nutes are for 1000 watts so 60% of directions for 600 watts etc. i actually end up at 60% to 65% of direction on my nutes at peak flowering most often.

Hope any of this was helpful. Nute strength is very hard to recommend with so many variables.

I always say err on the side of underfeeding. Little yellow is ok but burned leaves are permanent.
Thanks I'll back off a bit! I'm in coco, I'm not sure what you mean by .5 conversion? Using 600w per plant will back off to 60-70% and see how they do, also how do I stop my dehumidifier from drying the top of my coco?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Also was 2000ppm using all additives from nutrifield range going just under recommended except for PK which I give full strength never used additives before and thought would give a go

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks I'll back off a bit! I'm in coco, I'm not sure what you mean by .5 conversion? Using 600w per plant will back off to 60-70% and see how they do, also how do I stop my dehumidifier from drying the top of my coco?

I believe the ph is going up over time

Yeah i was thinking it was potting soil. Sorry. So many threads. Lol

.5 conversion is standard in the US and europe for ec. So 1.0 ec equals 500 ppm.

But Australia for one uses .7 for a conversion factor. So you have to know what your meter reads and your nute company uses. For some reason botanicare used .7 even though they are in arozona. I think formulator was austrailian.

More ways the nute companies can rip you off i think. Its dumb.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Yeah i was thinking it was potting soil. Sorry. So many threads. Lol

.5 conversion is standard in the US and europe for ec. So 1.0 ec equals 500 ppm.

But Australia for one uses .7 for a conversion factor. So you have to know what your meter reads and your nute company uses. For some reason botanicare used .7 even though they are in arozona. I think formulator was austrailian.

More ways the nute companies can rip you off i think. Its dumb.
Oh that's stressful hahah I'm just going to back off the feed a bit and hopefully it doesnt taste like shit thanks for the help! So even if I do a proper flush and I've been feeding strong I'll likely have bad tasting flower? Cheers once again bro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh that's stressful hahah I'm just going to back off the feed a bit and hopefully it doesnt taste like shit thanks for the help! So even if I do a proper flush and I've been feeding strong I'll likely have bad tasting flower? Cheers once again bro

No. Only if the plant stores too much nutes. I taper feed off (like most bottled nute directions) as they ripen. But i feed every time i water once i start in flower like a coco grower (except its like 3 days in between for mature plants) to runoff and meter it so i can see the ec go up or down over time.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

No. Only if the plant stores too much nutes. I taper feed off (like most bottled nute directions) as they ripen. But i feed every time i water once i start in flower like a coco grower (except its like 3 days in between for mature plants) to runoff and meter it so i can see the ec go up or down over time.
Thanks bro

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

If so

Agree 109%

Latest posts

Top Bottom