new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ri420patient

ri420patient

can i use my 600 watt dual arc bulbs with my magnetic ballasts the bulbs are made by powertrip

ri420patient

ri420patient

ri420patient

ri420patient

ac is setup installing the water pump and chiller tm and hooking up the 240 timers up to the new 100 amp sub panel best friend is an electrician big props to his help. going to start filling her up in the next day or two check for leaks and what not i am going to just use 3 55 gallon drums ran all connected from my ro setup which will be connected to my epicenter for auto top off. first i will feed from draining 5 gallons out and mixing seperately then put back in epicenter slowly until i figure how to feed from my 55 gallon res for a weeks worth.I was also wondering when i take 5 gallons out do i mix enough for 145 gallons seeing how this is how much my system takes in water or do i only try to figure out enough to get my ppms or ec( not sure which one im using yet )back to where i want it i read and read and try to take everything in but its alot to learn i lern more from hands on applications thanks everyone

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would cover those lids with the same reflective insulation as you did the buckets...I have had problems with the black lids heatin the shit out of the air between the bottom lid and the top water level inside the bucket, basically cookin the initial rootmass as it comes out of the netpot before it hits the water..its not near as bad if your plants already have a big ass canopy and cover them but if they are little cuts, it can really screw things up..plus your chiller won't have to work so hard in the beginning

ri420patient

ri420patient

I would cover those lids with the same reflective insulation as you did the buckets...I have had problems with the black lids heatin the shit out of the air between the bottom lid and the top water level inside the bucket, basically cookin the initial rootmass as it comes out of the netpot before it hits the water..its not near as bad if your plants already have a big ass canopy and cover them but if they are little cuts, it can really screw things up..plus your chiller won't have to work so hard in the beginning

Yeah I plan on covering them with the same material after I put the plants in will prob just cut a slit in it to slide around the plant thanks for the feedback ill prob start another journal once the plants go in or should I just keep this one rolling

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Good to see almost up and running. Nice job man. Keep this thread going and pack on top of her, people just might find something to learn from some info before you got her up and going. Just my .02

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Real nice looking room, if a bucket cracks will the flood damage any thing? I use EDPM to line the room as insurance, I has 150gal get lose and it was a mess. Lesson learned. I get the edpm at pond shops. Make sure your air pump is not in the room if you use CO2 and keep the air pump higher than the water, if the power goes out some air pumps will back flow into your room. FYI Chillers are more effective than AC by about 40%, I got a car rad and furnace blower than hooked to my chiller, lower cost to run and closed room. :cool:

IMGP7280

ri420patient

ri420patient

Real nice looking room, if a bucket cracks will the flood damage any thing? I use EDPM to line the room as insurance, I has 150gal get lose and it was a mess. Lesson learned. I get the edpm at pond shops. Make sure your air pump is not in the room if you use CO2 and keep the air pump higher than the water, if the power goes out some air pumps will back flow into your room. FYI Chillers are more effective than AC by about 40%, I got a car rad and furnace blower than hooked to my chiller, lower cost to run and closed room. :cool:

do you use the same chiller as the system?

View attachment 283703

ri420patient

ri420patient

And thanks for stopping by and passing along some info and insight ive learned alot on here to do with this setup from everyone on here

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have a 1 hp chiller and I run 2 systems with it one is 135gal and the other is 245gal and in the summer I chill the whole room down to 85. I have a 45 gal chiller barrel that I drop all my pumps into and I cool with coils in the epicenter. Here are a couple shots of the setup. You can see the lines for both the 2 chiller coils and the room cooler. I got the rad from a recycle Auto place
IMGP7285
IMGP7292
for 20$ new in the box and aluminum too. Hard part was not knowing what it came from so I could find a rad cap. The big black hose on the right goes to the chiller, it's 7 feet up and outside to reduce heat in the room. :cool:

ri420patient

ri420patient

i got the chiller and pumps all set up filled the system for testing with non ro water had a few leaks with the flat gaskets pinched on the bulkheads but it was due to trying to put it together with all the insulation on not being able to see that gasket perfectly no big deal though i tied some bypass valves in so i could drain it using the pump from the system but it isnt that quick im going to buy another pump thats bigger to be able to drain the system faster i am also wondering what everyone is using for there recirculating pump it stated that i should use a 950gph pump or 900 cant remember but i figured go a little bigger and used a 1200 gph pump thought i would see more circulation then that but im sure its ok just let me know what u guys are running. I filled the system up again with non ro water and bleach and cleaned all the buckets out re drained after making positive no more leaks then had 55 gallons of ro water already filled up takes forever to fill with a 100gpd ro setup next run will buy the 200gpd i still need to buy either two more 55 gallon tanks or buy a 70 gallon tank i found locally for 210$ that along with with the 55 will b enough to fill it up after dumping out chiller hasnt even turned on yet since the water needs to warm up some its coming out at like 45 degrees but in the system now at like 60 with all the 600s in there on the temp only reaches like 77 degrees with just the fans on no ac but humidity is like 33% i have a humidifier i will throw on when the plants go in its a whole house humidifier but i will put a float valve in so i dont need to fill manually which i learned on here i love this site will have a dehumidifier when needed to hopefully there will be enough water in the setup to plants in tm i need to do a good cleaning of the floor tm with a mop since most of the work is completed and need to get them in the system like asap the roots are ridiculous in the cloner i do have some burnt tips on a few but will address when in the controlled room seeing how i can actually have great conditions in there i will ost some pics later

ri420patient

ri420patient

I have a 1 hp chiller and I run 2 systems with it one is 135gal and the other is 245gal and in the summer I chill the whole room down to 85. I have a 45 gal chiller barrel that I drop all my pumps into and I cool with coils in the epicenter. Here are a couple shots of the setup. You can see the lines for both the 2 chiller coils and the room cooler. I got the rad from a recycle Auto placeView attachment 284147View attachment 284148 for 20$ new in the box and aluminum too. Hard part was not knowing what it came from so I could find a rad cap. The big black hose on the right goes to the chiller, it's 7 feet up and outside to reduce heat in the room. :cool:

thats a great idea i might end up doing that next run since i only have a 1/4 horse chiller for now funds are getting tight cant wait to get them in there

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking like a good start ri420patient! Can't wait to see those bucket filled for flower...

ri420patient

ri420patient

Looking like a good start ri420patient! Can't wait to see those bucket filled for flower...

excuse the mes im beat and going to bed tomorrow is clean up day hope there is enough water in there tm

Top Bottom