new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would try and wrap or cover that 55 gallon drum with some panda or that reflective stuff, chiller won't have to work near as hard...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Just to let you know you might want to mix your ro water with 1/2 regular water as with everything removed in the ro water it is harder to keep Ph steady. Most nutrients have buffers in them and they don't work very well when you use RO water. Check out the thread "plants stall when put in the UC".

Peace

I noticed you have a number of 90's on your pump line they decrease the GPH so upping to a 1200 mag might be a good Idea. That's what I use in my Uc's.

ri420patient

ri420patient

I would try and wrap or cover that 55 gallon drum with some panda or that reflective stuff, chiller won't have to work near as hard...

yeah i plan on wrapping them i just had it in there quick so that i could get it filled while checking the system for leaks its empty right now i need to get two more or a 70 gallon res so i will have enough water on hand when i need to do a nutrient changeout it says it holds 145 gallons for the xl13,12 but any info is great info thanks for the helping words

ri420patient

ri420patient

Just to let you know you might want to mix your ro water with 1/2 regular water as with everything removed in the ro water it is harder to keep Ph steady. Most nutrients have buffers in them and they don't work very well when you use RO water. Check out the thread "plants stall when put in the UC".

Peace

I noticed you have a number of 90's on your pump line they decrease the GPH so upping to a 1200 mag might be a good Idea. That's what I use in my Uc's.

i did get the 1200 gph pump im glad i did seeing how there is a few 90s in there and i had read that thread when i filled the system the second time with non ro water i only drained it about to the top of the 3 inch bulkheads then added ro i will shutoff ro and fill the rest now to the level needed plus ill be able to get them in there in a few hrs i need to seeing how there getting to big for the cloner should i still need cal mag if im doing this also

ri420patient

ri420patient

i did get the 1200 gph pump im glad i did seeing how there is a few 90s in there and i had read that thread when i filled the system the second time with non ro water i only drained it about to the top of the 3 inch bulkheads then added ro i will shutoff ro and fill the rest now to the level needed plus ill be able to get them in there in a few hrs i need to seeing how there getting to big for the cloner should i still need cal mag if im doing this also

maybe just 1-2 ml gal?

ri420patient

ri420patient

the water temp is still only like 63 think i should wait a few more hrs or will they b ok the cloner is at 75

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

U may still need a little cal.....I would prob start with .5 ml of cal and the rest base to bring it up to about 150 ppm 700 scale....

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Yup did that this is an old pix. But very good advice thanks, very observant TK.

ri420patient

ri420patient

ri420patient

ri420patient

I'll take more tm with a better camera and with lights off

ri420patient

ri420patient

Trying to get it muggy in there I'm sweating in there for sure

ri420patient

ri420patient

Those are the ones I didn't take in there the other roots were even bigger I managed to get a few out the slots and in the water

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I mix my nutes as if there is only 8-10 gallons per bucket and that goes down as you get root mass..at the end you may have less than 5 gallons per bucket just based on the displacement of the water by the roots...On an 8 site 13 gallon I figure a max of 72-80 gallons of water in the system on its first day and then it decreases the entire time.....so then I do my nute calculations on the 72 or so gallons and then cut in half....So if it says I need 300ml of grow or bloom for 72 gallons, I start with 150ml, same all the way down with the other ammends...then I use the bloom and the Pk boosters to bump the ppms up if needed...If you mix your nutes for a full system, like 140 gallons, your in trouble

Top Bottom