Norcal Outdoor Garden Of Eden

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
papapayne

papapayne

Yea I've always heard bt is safe to use right up to harvest. I only spray it every 2.5 weeks though. I've been under the impression its a bacteria that colonizes the leaf surface and any caterpillar that eats the bacteria becomes victim to it eating them from the inside out, and then respreading the BT.

I believe spinosad is similar as well, although I am a lot more guarded with spino, and only spray at night as its linked to bee colony collapse.

oldskool63

oldskool63

First...Blessings to those who have had to deal with the fires of this year. I have been fortunate here in OR, but have friends north and south who haven't. Positive Vibes.
Here is a pic of what I have been fighting up here. They have been laying on my Vine Lines at an unprecedented rate. I cut off 5 to 10 every other day!
Used the Dipel early and Spinosad as well once I saw a few dangling off the trellis's. I keep reminding myself it could be a lot worse!
Peace. 20150918 113853

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
First...Blessings to those who have had to deal with the fires of this year. I have been fortunate here in OR, but have friends north and south who haven't. Positive Vibes.
Here is a pic of what I have been fighting up here. They have been laying on my Vine Lines at an unprecedented rate. I cut off 5 to 10 every other day!
Used the Dipel early and Spinosad as well once I saw a few dangling off the trellis's. I keep reminding myself it could be a lot worse!
Peace. View attachment 537879
What the heck is that bro?

oldskool63

oldskool63

What the heck is that bro?
All I can tell you for sure at this point is it is some sort of caterpillar...I kept putting the cut pieces of trellis with the eggs on them in a one gallon mason jar and some finally hatched...I will start a thread elsewhere in the next day or two to show that. I have a friend 30 miles away with the same issue. Let me preface my methodology with I don't have a pest control license. I believe in preventative vs curative Integrated Pest Management. I use a variety of essential oils and bacteria in a regimen. Possibly very luckily, I haven't seen any signs of the bud worm crap on my buds...just eggs on the trellis.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How close to harvest can a little bt be sprayed…in your opinion?
Up to two weeks prior to planned harvey is what I do. That makes the last two weeks nailbiters for me.
Yea I've always heard bt is safe to use right up to harvest. I only spray it every 2.5 weeks though. I've been under the impression its a bacteria that colonizes the leaf surface and any caterpillar that eats the bacteria becomes victim to it eating them from the inside out, and then respreading the BT.

I believe spinosad is similar as well, although I am a lot more guarded with spino, and only spray at night as its linked to bee colony collapse.
I spray all of these products in the evenings. I alternate Bt with spinosad.

ODFarminSSH

ODFarminSSH

Up to two weeks prior to planned harvey is what I do. That makes the last two weeks nailbiters for me.

I spray all of these products in the evenings. I alternate Bt with spinosad.
Thanks for your input…just got done spraying, my beneficial bio "True Blooms" was said to mix up fine with the BT- Bacillus Thuringiensis - good ol bennies
Found this sweet Monterey brand OMRI listed
First and only time I believeImage I'll need to spray. I got an eagle eye for those little bastards. Only on a Fruit Punch X. Been using OGBIOWAR foliar pack but ran out a week or two ago…could that be why my guard was down??

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Yes, OGbiowar will keep the cats at bay with the same bacteria found in Spinosad. Also the moths will fly for miles before landing on your sweet nugs. You can't really spray as a preventative persay, but spray knowing they are coming.

I have been using the heck out of OGbiowar this year, and it's doing a great job on my broad mites, and cats so far. Got another 10kilos coming in the mail, should be herein the next couple hours. Might just be one of those products I can't live without from here on in.

DrFever

DrFever

i am just surprised them cats are coming round now in my geo area they came and gone months ago ,,
:)
only thing i am fighting now is mother nature and her cold god dam weather slowing everything down fo me :) i mean below 4 degrees at night and 12 - 14 max in the day and its really pissing me off lol maybe just maybe 6 hrs of actual sunlight a day this past week at this rate my girl will be covered in 5 feet of snow and be xmass when she is done lol
IMG2592
IMG2591
IMG2590

DrFever

DrFever

oh i was going to ask as i am not keeping track of weeks what would be your guess on weeks flowered 3rd ??? 4th maybe ??? i am guessing somewhere beginning of 4th

416T.O

416T.O

Have you heard of or grown area 51.? Someone is going to give me about 40 beans wanted to know if anyone had grown it ..

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Haven't grown out the area 51 myself, but I have smoked several samples. The smoke is top notch, but I hear it's on the medium to difficult side to grow.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I hate caterpillars. Even with spraying the bt they still get in some of my biggest colas. How often do you spray @Bulldog11. I sprayed three different times over the last 7 or 8 weeks but I just don't think it's enough. I probly need to do it every couple days

papapayne

papapayne

Nice man, just smoked my first bowl of one of my strains that is cured and dried. enjoying the blood moon myself. Was hoping to have another plant ready today to harvest, but everything else needs a few more weeks

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I hate caterpillars. Even with spraying the bt they still get in some of my biggest colas. How often do you spray @Bulldog11. I sprayed three different times over the last 7 or 8 weeks but I just don't think it's enough. I probly need to do it every couple days

Cats have to eat BT or Spinosad. So three time over 7 weeks isn't nearly enough. I have been spraying OG bio war every three days because I don't want my broad mites popping back up. However, normally I spray at least once a week. More closer to full moons.

Having a crappy night. Got a bad ear infection going and can't sleep. So I decided to continue my blood moon harvest through the night.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ouch. My mother says I used to get pretty bad ear infections. That shit sucks, I have no advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom