Not sure what I did to everyone....

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jarofunk

Jarofunk

A friend once told me, "You know you are doing something right when you got people talking shit." (MSM). Take it as a sign that you are making shit happen, and making fools feel threatened/embarrassed. Ya gotta handle these victories with grace and humility though.

squiggly

squiggly

Don't sweat it my brutha, I've been called a dick by alot on the boards here and there...fuck'm

Keep doin what your doin my friend..

I will say, there has been alot more hostile vibe lately, alot of new names that seem disgruntled about something or another

I agree with this whole heartedly. Two thumbs up.

I can be intense sometimes, but I keep that to the lounge.

I almost let this type of thing get to me, but was convinced by members not to take it to heart and to stay. Believe me you're not alone--probably 50% of the people I interact with here can't stand me.
I'm just not here for that 50%. It is what it is.

There definitely has been some negative vibes going around lately, who knows why. Don't let it get to you though dude--if you and someone else don't get along are you really going to let them dictate your decisions?

Would you strategize with an enemy, in other words?

Either way, smoke good!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I dont think anyone has a reason to have any enemys here Squigg. ;)

Its just a disscussion forum about growing weed :D

just a thought here,
I have been on other types of forums (nevermind what kind. lol) Before I came here a couple years ago.
I think the people that get attacked on forums are usually the types that come across as,
"know it all's" :rolleyes:

compared to alot of the forums I have been to where they talk about real stuff,
This Place is Mellow.......Lots of love here...I can feel it..cant you? :)

Here Dirt, pass this to Squiggly
Passingjoint

squiggly

squiggly

I dont think anyone has a reason to have any enemys here Squigg. ;)

Its just a disscussion forum about growing weed :D

just a thought here,
I have been on other types of forums (nevermind what kind. lol) Before I came here a couple years ago.
I think the people that get attacked on forums are usually the types that come across as,
"know it all's" :rolleyes:

compared to alot of the forums I have been to where they talk about real stuff,
This Place is Mellow.......Lots of love here...I can feel it..cant you? :)

Here Dirt, pass this to Squiggly

I agree, enemy was the wrong word choice perhaps--but I was speaking metaphorically. You wouldn't let an enemy inform your strategy, and you shouldn't let a nay-sayer or someone who doesn't like you (without ever having met you face-to-face at that) bear on your decision making.

There is no question, the 50% who hate me hate me because they view me as a know-it-all. They are not alone. It's something which, overall, half the people in all facets of my life have come to believe.

Truth be known--I don't care. For one thing, I wouldn't care even if they were 100% right about that (which might suggest to you that "knowing" stuff isn't always the end all be all for me).

Mainly, though, it comes down to a difference of opinion about how one should present oneself. A fair portion of the world has come to the conclusion that one should present oneself as an asskissing yes man who wants to be as PC as possible to avoid rocking the boat--of course its perfectly normal and fine if you then go on to talk mad shit about the person who's ass you kissed later.

I take a different view, and it's one that if you do some reading you'll find was very popular amongst literate folk in virtually every time from about 1000 years ago until about 60 years ago (give or take 10 years--these are gradual changes, so you can't peg them).

I view discussion as one of these four, no matter what form it might take:

1. Logical.

2. Artistic.

3. Opinion (almost irrelevant--except where it concerns getting to know people).

4. Irrelevant.

I tend to re-direct most discussion into the logical zone if I'm able, for what should be very obvious reasons given my above chosen model.

You might say that my model is dickish and simplistic, but what you can't say is that nearly all of my posts (we all make mistakes--and I've answered for those) haven't taken one of the above 4 forms--and have been properly named as such in all cases.

We have a problem in the world of mixing and matching these discussion schemas in a way that must make Aristotle do the macarena in his grave. It's not something which has ever set well with me, and I never knew why until I read Aristotle and realized that this had been solved 2400 years ago and people had just ignored the solution (in our time, mind you, not in others) for lack of interest in it.

I submit, and can/will defend, the notion that I am doing it right--and those who see me as a know-it-all are doing it wrong.

Many of them would take this statement to be an ironic and hilarious proof of my arrogance and at first glance they would appear to be right. What they probably won't first consider is that I say all of what I say purposely--I have already thought to myself what you might be thinking. You can be sure that if something would make me out to be an ass, that I've got a supported justification for it.

If you take a moment and re-read that statement a few times you'll come to realize that I've made no grandiose claim. No claim without support. What I've offered is a logical argument.

I've said nothing more than I know how to do that [submit an argument]--my arguments might be flawed and wrong, and hell even this one might be. But I've submitted an argument, in the proper format--and that is the only pride I claim for myself.

I might be wrong every time, but damnit I know how to argue without committing a fallacy--and I know that
"to argue" does not mean "to fight".

Ultimately why me and 50% of the people here don't get along is because I'm throwing a dance party, and they're having a shooting competition. Or vice versa, whichever one you prefer--the point is that they are different things, and ones which are incompatible.

There are a lot of assholes in the world who think they know everything--and I'm aware that many of them come across just as I do (or, again, vice versa)--but should I really change the way I believe I should be in my heart of hearts, after careful and longer-winded consideration than most, because some people don't understand my perspective (especially when there are plenty of people that do)?

I think not--and neither should EveryOneSmokes.

You get what you give. I try to share knowledge, and I am pleased every day to find that the world returns the favor to me. One of the first things it taught me was that you don't get to be right all of the time, and that you absolutely cannot please everyone. If even one person could do such a thing we'd be living in a Utopia.

420Gator

420Gator

well gues Ill have to be the first to speak up here......you "un-liked" one of my posts the other day and you stopped "following" me a week before that so fuck you dwd.

lol for real tho who cares as long as youre not banned just keep on posting whenever you feel like it. Half the time I post shit then never go back to that thread so I don't even know who has a problem with me. If any members have talked shit to me and I didn't reply feel free to shoot me a PM...fuck off:)

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i no wtf u did u didnt share those beans punk chiill out mane take a few days dont pay attention to all the bs

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

youre doing fine dirt. i went thru that same stoopid shit over my opinion of cookies on weedtracker RIP. remember most of these peeps hide behind keyboards cause theyre socially retarded. be well fellow farmers.

rollon

rollon

I agree, enemy was the wrong word choice perhaps--but I was speaking metaphorically. You wouldn't let an enemy inform your strategy, and you shouldn't let a nay-sayer or someone who doesn't like you (without ever having met you face-to-face at that) bear on your decision making.

There is no question, the 50% who hate me hate me because they view me as a know-it-all. They are not alone. It's something which, overall, half the people in all facets of my life have come to believe.

Truth be known--I don't care. For one thing, I wouldn't care even if they were 100% right about that (which might suggest to you that "knowing" stuff isn't always the end all be all for me).

Mainly, though, it comes down to a difference of opinion about how one should present oneself. A fair portion of the world has come to the conclusion that one should present oneself as an asskissing yes man who wants to be as PC as possible to avoid rocking the boat--of course its perfectly normal and fine if you then go on to talk mad shit about the person who's ass you kissed later.

I take a different view, and it's one that if you do some reading you'll find was very popular amongst literate folk in virtually every time from about 1000 years ago until about 60 years ago (give or take 10 years--these are gradual changes, so you can't peg them).

1. Logical.

2. Artistic.

3. Opinion (almost irrelevant--except where it concerns getting to know people).

4. Irrelevant.

I tend to re-direct most discussion into the logical zone if I'm able, for what should be very obvious reasons given my above chosen model.

You might say that my model is dickish and simplistic, but what you can't say is that nearly all of my posts (we all make mistakes--and I've answered for those) haven't taken one of the above 4 forms--and have been properly named as such in all cases.

We have a problem in the world of mixing and matching these discussion schemas in a way that must make Aristotle do the macarena in his grave. It's not something which has ever set well with me, and I never knew why until I read Aristotle and realized that this had been solved 2400 years ago and people had just ignored the solution (in our time, mind you, not in others) for lack of interest in it.

I submit, and can/will defend, the notion that I am doing it right--and those who see me as a know-it-all are doing it wrong.

Many of them would take this statement to be an ironic and hilarious proof of my arrogance and at first glance they would appear to be right. What they probably won't first consider is that I say all of what I say purposely--I have already thought to myself what you might be thinking. You can be sure that if something would make me out to be an ass, that I've got a supported justification for it.

If you take a moment and re-read that statement a few times you'll come to realize that I've made no grandiose claim. No claim without support. What I've offered is a logical argument.

I've said nothing more than I know how to do that [submit an argument]--my arguments might be flawed and wrong, and hell even this one might be. But I've submitted an argument, in the proper format--and that is the only pride I claim for myself.

I might be wrong every time, but damnit I know how to argue without committing a fallacy--and I know that

Ultimately why me and 50% of the people here don't get along is because I'm throwing a dance party, and they're having a shooting competition. Or vice versa, whichever one you prefer--the point is that they are different things, and ones which are incompatible.

There are a lot of assholes in the world who think they know everything--and I'm aware that many of them come across just as I do (or, again, vice versa)--but should I really change the way I believe I should be in my heart of hearts, after careful and longer-winded consideration than most, because some people don't understand my perspective (especially when there are plenty of people that do)?

You get what you give. I try to share knowledge, and I am pleased every day to find that the world returns the favor to me. One of the first things it taught me was that you don't get to be right all of the time, and that you absolutely cannot please everyone. If even one person could do such a thing we'd be living in a Utopia.
I wouldn't worry to much squiggly, I like to read also
Grow books

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

1. Logical.

2. Artistic.

4. Irrelevant.

Haha no offence squiggs, but I could straight compile a book from the fricken long ass comments you leave lol, A Book Of Squiggs : BY : Squiggs. Take it easy

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ive been here for years also under different handles because Im an asshole to people I think are dicks but I try hard to bite my lip and stay outta other peoples shit. I take comfort in the fact that nowadays Im only a dick to those I think are dicks but now Im even working on that because I just learned a tough lesson there with the death of DWB. (RIP HOLMES)

Ive never gotten into it with you but I am aware of what you speak. Just last night someone and I were speaking about you on the phone about all the shit you seem to start with people. So reading this here post is a trip.

Instead of a poor me farewell letter...Id step outside myself and look in and see what I need to do to work on myself about being an asshole. As you can see I still havnt mastered it myself but I know Ive got a good heart and a clear conscience so I just keep on trucking.

I thought you may feel a little guilty about that one, and I am glad you aren't afraid to address it... that shit sucks how that went down.. sorry those were your last words to that dude.

There is always room for improvement regarding how we treat everyone in our lives. We are all people, and we all have our own quirks and issues.

On a side note I was just watching a bones brigade autobiography on netflix and they have a lot of interviews with present day rodney mullen. Listening to that guy talk gives me goosebumps. He's so pure, insightful, and honest.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
On a side note I was just watching a bones brigade autobiography on netflix and they have a lot of interviews with present day rodney mullen. Listening to that guy talk gives me goosebumps. He's so pure, insightful, and honest.

So basically hes just like me minus my asshole quality :p

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I thought you may feel a little guilty about that one, and I am glad you aren't afraid to address it... that shit sucks how that went down.. sorry those were your last words to that dude.

There is always room for improvement regarding how we treat everyone in our lives. We are all people, and we all have our own quirks and issues.

I just hate all people equally. Except for Rodney Mullen of course.

outwest

Illmind

Illmind

it also erks me when ppl just flat out call fire crap n reasoning is 'well thats my opinion.. der der...' o it couldn't be ur skills cuz ur just the best, mayb its wrong cut etc excuses, excuses.. my buddy is just like that everything of his is the best everyone elses is trash.. i sometimes put his shit in my piece tell em its mine lol, n i gotta almost beg em just to hit it n when he does of course its a small 1 n then a 'im cool on that'.. then when i tells em its his he denies it.. somethig tells me ur that guy.. my cookies puts ppl in comas, i often hear that its sum of the strongest anyones had in a long time.. sum dont much care for the flavors but were not chewing bubblegum were getting high.. my other buddy is like that.. he'd sell the dankest shit on the planet for sum wack nice tasting ruderalis if he could he 100% judges fireness only off flavor.. like after a hit the better it tastes the danker it is lol... he always has his opinion formed immediately on exhale lol..dumbfuks really.. if gsc wasnt fire id be the first to say cuz the cookiewagon is lame as shit

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Coookies sucks. It's an opinion. I think plenty of strains suck. Likewise I said before if I had even a dollar more to profit on cookies I'd be defending it just like you. Hahaha. Whatever illmind. Plenty of peopl dont like cookies. You even say so yourself. Yep its strong, but it isn't a pleasnt high/smoke.

Illmind...good for you.

Top Bottom