One Plant One Scrog Contest CannaGranny Style

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I don't see a problem here dude. You can't control every aspect of your plants especially the genetics. If you had a different start, one that was a proven big girl, then maybe you can blame yourself 100% if you grow a runt.

I don't see a runt here. I think you are being too hard on yourself.
True ^. My plants usually sit for months in veg under heavy LST. Look how thick the low branches are. Yours are probably faster and better for their size.

I’m experimenting for myself so get to learn and play as well as reap rewards.

Don’t go by me. I’m still learning. But I’ll help where I can.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Tell me this hasn't happened to anyone else. For me maybe 10 times 😂

"WHAT THE HECK. How did my tent temp spike to that. Ohh you left the temp sensor on the light again" 😆 please pardon me while I go roll a joint of my mimosa x orange punch and spark it while I sip my high-grade Drunken Concubine AnXi Tieguanyin from Southern Fujian Province 😶‍🌫️
Not yet but I’ve left the fan controller off twice since I got it for Xmas. It was like a sauna one day! 😵

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not yet but I’ve left the fan controller off twice since I got it for Xmas. It was like a sauna one day! 😵
Like Amazon rain forest? That has happened to me a few times and my heart fell through floor. Luckily was in veg whas has happened. Exhaust not on high enough or at all and humidifier on all night. Pretty sure I was 100% RH and opened tent and couldn't see a foot in. Complete steamroomed it

ddandurand

ddandurand

It will work. Fish for the youngest branch you can find. Look for something real low in the middle that has been behind the rest. I kept a mimosa x op clone in a rapid rooter for MONTHS and eventually tossed it but it was mearly an experiment. Aside from the time it takes to reveg, I would think your odds are super high that you can ensure that Congo strain stays alive.
i honestly just leave some of the smallest bottom buds after i harvest. reveg the plant under 24 hour. hell you can put it in the corner and just let it do its thing and forget about it. it takes about a month to start reveging. but it will eventually.
20221105 145532

20221113 112440
20221216 035739

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Tell me this hasn't happened to anyone else. For me maybe 10 times 😂

"WHAT THE HECK. How did my tent temp spike to that. Ohh you left the temp sensor on the light again" 😆 please pardon me while I go roll a joint of my mimosa x orange punch and spark it while I sip my high-grade Drunken Concubine AnXi Tieguanyin from Southern Fujian Province 😶‍🌫️
Or why is my rh 75% oh wait I just did a foliar spray😂

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It will work. Fish for the youngest branch you can find. Look for something real low in the middle that has been behind the rest. I kept a mimosa x op clone in a rapid rooter for MONTHS and eventually tossed it but it was mearly an experiment. Aside from the time it takes to reveg, I would think your odds are super high that you can ensure that Congo strain stays alive.
I need to make a bucket cloner, I have air stones and a pump, should find something to use l for baskets and a bucket lid and I’m off to the races, I don’t have a medium unless 100% perlite would work till they root and I can bury them

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

i honestly just leave some of the smallest bottom buds after i harvest. reveg the plant under 24 hour. hell you can put it in the corner and just let it do its thing and forget about it. it takes about a month to start reveging.

The plant in flower now is to big and I have 3 on hold waiting. But you just confirmed that if I treat the 3 clones like mothers, sort of, I can harvest 98% leaving just enough to keep it going. Then let them reveg.

My wife got perfume all over one of my first plants and after flushing and wiping each leaf it still started to die. It was an outdoor pot I brought in at night before I knew about 12/12. She had just started to flower. After removing all mucked up foliage only a few new leaves at the top and one or two near the bottom remained.

Months later she was my first 2’+ plant to go black/purple. Started experimenting then each grow. You just added another option or layer.

Cool, thanks. 👍

ddandurand

ddandurand

c
The plant in flower now is to big and I have 3 on hold waiting. But you just confirmed that if I treat the 3 clones like mothers, sort of, I can harvest 98% leaving just enough to keep it going. Then let them reveg.

My wife got perfume all over one of my first plants and after flushing and wiping each leaf it still started to die. It was an outdoor pot I brought in at night before I knew about 12/12. She had just started to flower. After removing all mucked up foliage only a few new leaves at the top and one or two near the bottom remained.

Months later she was my first 2’+ plant to go black/purple. Started experimenting then each grow. You just added another option or layer.

Cool, thanks. 👍
Correct. ive tried to take clones in flower. while it is possible. they are focused on flowering not rooting and not on veging.

They wont do anything for about a month. then you will start to see leaves come out that look nothing like cannabis then they will slowly get their serrations back. its a cool process.
just keep her alive until you get usable clones. id say about 2 months untill you can take cuts.

slow but worth it if shes a keeper.

Observationist

Observationist

Here is my entry: super lemon haze from greenhouse seed co. week 1.5 of flower. Gonna be defoliating her in a few days then letting her be until harvest, though I might take a leaf off here and there if its really annoying. Here are 100% coco, gh flora series 6 part nutrients. Watering 12x a day in lil squirts, runoff 2x a day once in morning and once hour before lights out. Running 45-55% humidity, and currently rockin around 73f average cuz im trying to mimic the cooler days of late summer.
Challenge accepted.

Observationist

Observationist

c

Correct. ive tried to take clones in flower. while it is possible. they are focused on flowering not rooting and not on veging.

They wont do anything for about a month. then you will start to see leaves come out that look nothing like cannabis then they will slowly get their serrations back. its a cool process.
just keep her alive until you get usable clones. id say about 2 months untill you can take cuts.

Slower than molasses.

But yeah is cool.

Bushes out crazily when monstercropping.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
i honestly just leave some of the smallest bottom buds after i harvest. reveg the plant under 24 hour. hell you can put it in the corner and just let it do its thing and forget about it. it takes about a month to start reveging. but it will eventually.
View attachment 1322093
View attachment 1322094View attachment 1322095
I was considering this actually, yeah they take forever I’d guess longer than the clones take to reveg, took me about 4 weeks as well before I had enough roots and leaves to up pot, but damn do they grow some wild ass branches… especially if you top them 3 more time 😂

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
c

100% I didn’t even see any twisted new growth until at least 3 weeks then they started taking off, would be much better with a bucket cloner or something similar, really gotta keep up on the clones and they do have a reduced rate supposedly of survival but could have been bro science 😂 but I’d imagine water uptake would just slow on a full reveg plant correct?

I guess it’s sorta true I had 3/12 survive on the monstercropped clones and 8/12 on normal clones from vegging plants had, just have them all away lol

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I've been out of touch for a while, just saw this and figured even if I'm late, I'll document my plant that is growing into a monster. This claims to be a Gelato 41, but I had some from 5 different sources and none of them are the same, so who knows.
This clone was planted October 2nd. Due to other plants being stunted, I vegged longer than normal and just flipped to flower last week. This isn't the healthiest plant, but it's the only one not crowded by others.
View attachment 1309229

View attachment 1309231

View attachment 1309232

I've been out of touch for a while, just saw this and figured even if I'm late, I'll document my plant that is growing into a monster. This claims to be a Gelato 41, but I had some from 5 different sources and none of them are the same, so who knows.
This clone was planted October 2nd. Due to other plants being stunted, I vegged longer than normal and just flipped to flower last week. This isn't the healthiest plant, but it's the only one not crowded by others.
View attachment 1309229

View attachment 1309231

View attachment 1309232
IMG 20230114 083647048 HDR

She's coming down Friday. Pretty much done but there are others in the room that are still needing a week or two more.
She didn't bulk yo like I expected her to, but I want focusing as much on the food, more focused on getting the humidity down.

Zombierider

Zombierider

@Observationist @CannaGranny I think i found one of these "keeper"phenotypes y'all are talking bout. My banana krumble smells stronger than anything ive grown yet, and is budding so fricken fast. Smells like straight up banana's! So...since i didnt clone her, and she is 24 days into flowering, what is my best option for retaining these genetics? I defoliated bout a week ago, so I could probably take some cuts around now and not stress her out too much right? Or maybe revegging after harvest is best? I just wanna preserve the genetics on this lady. I feel like ive won a scratch off lottery ticket with her :D.

6BD75CA1 A8CD 441C 8C6F A114C5142685
C5197316 816F 43DF 8A88 E906C8892673
2D34A788 F21B 4F94 B062 FC24DA24FD0E
A800EEA8 AE0C 4DAF 9871 681B34406D16
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@Observationist @CannaGranny I think i found one of these "keeper"phenotypes y'all are talking bout. My banana krumble smells stronger than anything ive grown yet, and is budding so fricken fast. Smells like straight up banana's! So...since i didnt clone her, and she is 24 days into flowering, what is my best option for retaining these genetics? I defoliated bout a week ago, so I could probably take some cuts around now and not stress her out too much right? Or maybe revegging after harvest is best? I just wanna preserve the genetics on this lady. I feel like ive won a scratch off lottery ticket with her :D.
Reveg her! I prefer to cut clones but I have been in the same shoes, reveging is aka monster cropping. There are some xlent vids on this on YouTube. I have took clones while in flower out of desperation but reveging really seems the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom