Pakistani Landraces/Afghani Landraces

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shoestring

shoestring

I know a handful of old timer growers north of the Zilwaukee Bridge here in Michigan that of been growing pure land of origin afghanis ans paki indicas sense the early 80's when i was a kid. There still up there too. Pure indicad really hit michigan (especially the upper peninsula) heavy back then. Affies and other indicas really thrive in michigans short season. They always have. Quite a few of these indica varieties came from Canada from a group of draft dodgers from the early 70's. My father knew these guys very well. These guys were hitting the ''hippy trail'' in Asia and collecting seeds ( and smuggling hashish) back about 1975-76 before coming back to the States. 3 people i know for fact just stayed in Canada and have been growing out the pure indica varieties from those seeds to this day.

shoestring

shoestring

I remember my dad showing me a squat little afghanis variety up in Petoskey that him and another hippy dude called gasoline bud. Him and my dad were real tight peace loving dudes. And i quite distinctly recall it smelling like diesel/fuel. I was just a kid. This guy had a small burlap bag loaded full of afghanis seed he actually obtained from the Kush Mountain area rite after the vietnam war. That cat is still there and still has that burlap bag albeit not quite as full. This old timer also crossed some of them seeds with a bunch of colombian, thai, and northern mexican seeds my uncle was collecting in the mid/late 70's.

Last edited:
Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Thanks shoestring for the info and are you still in contact with you dad's friend because I would love to get some pre-soviet war afghans. Also some of those Thai sound good too. I would like to here his story of how Afghanistan weed was like around that time in Afghanistan.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Best way to collect pure landrace varieties Is to travel to these regions, or if you get lucky maybe you can contact someone in these regions and sort out a way to exchange. Im sure youve seen Cannabio Purple pakis? Do they still offer these?

shoestring

shoestring

I would NOT suggest any westerner travel to these regions in asia rite now. Its really hot as a blowtorch over there at this time. They are butchering each other and especially European and Americans like nothing.Best bet is to befriend someone who has native connections or search here for the prime pure indica exotic land of origin varieties. But its not easy unless one does travel to far away lands. Because what i have heard is even seed companies that claim to have pure land race varieties in all actuality have been hybridized at least a little. Mandala seeds maybe? I dont.know to be honest. X18 pure pakistani? Again iam in the dark on it.

Last edited:
shoestring

shoestring

Makes you wonder if the whole seperate indica/sativa should have even been seperated at all. I certainly do not agree wholeheartedly with the set in stone dealy that sativas pick u up and indicas knock u down. I think most of the high with any variety has mostly to do with the person smoking it. I have grown some pretty low down supposed couchlock indica dominant varieties that have made me, friends, and family go out and mow a lawn or do house work. Same can be said with the satty doms that just have floored me within minutes of taking the last toke. Alot has to be investigated still with this plant we r all so in a bunch about.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Makes you wonder if the whole seperate indica/sativa should have even been seperated at all. I certainly do not agree wholeheartedly with the set in stone dealy that sativas pick u up and indicas knock u down. I think most of the high with any variety has mostly to do with the person smoking it. I have grown some pretty low down supposed couchlock indica dominant varieties that have made me, friends, and family go out and mow a lawn or do house work. Same can be said with the satty doms that just have floored me within minutes of taking the last toke. Alot has to be investigated still with this plant we r all so in a bunch about.
So glad you shared this experience...I too have doubts about such concrete statements and this goes along with the harvesting "early" or late clear or Amber.....I've grown and smoked premature indica buds that couchlocked me and late Amber sativa that teleported me to a satellite....

shoestring

shoestring

Maybe what we call ''hybrids'' has been happening in nature all along or not at all and it all comes from the heavy hand of human intervention that has made the drug type marijuana become seperate from typical hemp. So this begs the question when did humans first interact with the wild hemp plant and ingested it someway and had an an effect. Then when did we as humans start selecting through breeding bring out more of that effect with wild hemp? And once you come to that conclusion every marijuana/hemp plant has been worked (hybridized) at one time or another. Man iam stoned. But this is starting.to be a cool thread. Thanks.

shoestring

shoestring

In other words....we have created ourselves the high that marijuana/hemp had in her all along. But we just made it much more powerful and intense. But who injested the first hemp plant in the wild that got them high to even start the ball rolling? And where did said hemp plant originate from? My guess is , alot like other aha light bulb moments, this happened not with one person or group but happened simultaneously all over the planet.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Maybe what we call ''hybrids'' has been happening in nature all along or not at all and it all comes from the heavy hand of human intervention that has made the drug type marijuana become seperate from typical hemp. So this begs the question when did humans first interact with the wild hemp plant and ingested it someway and had an an effect. Then when did we as humans start selecting through breeding bring out more of that effect with wild hemp? And once you come to that conclusion every marijuana/hemp plant has been worked (hybridized) at one time or another. Man iam stoned. But this is starting.to be a cool thread. Thanks.
Over 10,000 years........

shoestring

shoestring

So when people gripe about polyhybrids and so called bottlenecking and whatnot....what u really got to think about is marijuana has been hybridized from the getgo. There are no pure landrace varieties really. Unless we as humans categorize landrace varietials as a strain that has been in a certain geographical area and been doing its thin untouched by human hands for a certain period of time. Man iam stoned. Hope u cats are following my whacked train of thought. Iam trying to put into words what my head is telling me is truth. I will shut up now. Tell ole shoe to eat a pizza and go to bed!!!! Luv all of yas....i really do!!!!

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Well I'm gonna start by saying that I have been studying marijuana history and how it got to where it is now also I always take the time to study it's chemicals and how they are made and so on so you could say I am a reliable source of cannabis information. Well cannabis was first documented to be discovered around the east and southeast of caspian sea it was later brought north of the caspain sea by the scythians and it was used as an incense so it has been burned for a while. And the thing is I dont believe in evolution I believe in adaptation and God. So that being said there is no different species of cannabis but there is different adaptations of cannabis. And these adaptions occur from diferent climate and latitude and longitude changes. So it has already been documented that cannabis adapts fairly quickly and also that it has 5 know phenotypes/chemotypes and it is mainly based on position in the world latitude and hight wise Also climate. This is because of the plant is living it is trying to survive so if it is in a high altitude there are higher amounts of UV rays and also other rays. UV-b and UV-c rays are know to cause mutations in DNA so as the plant gets higher up in altitude the more potent is gets because UV rays pack a lot of energy so it acts as a catlyst and speeds up production also THC and CBD and CBC are know to block the uv rays CBC being the best at it and then CBD then THC. So only the strongest survive an make seeds in this situation that being the high thc plants but over time the plant passes the gene on and now every plant has high thc and lower CBD because the CBD strain is hempy and is better in colder climate because of its hardy and resistant make up. This also goes for the plants that are of lower latitude, below the 30 degree mark plants naturally select for high thc to cbd ratio also the more humid it gets the taller the plant gets The thiner the leaves get and the more airy the buds get to prevent mold and the More arid it get the more resinous and short and compact it gets to retain moisture. But the further down it gets in latitude(the closer it gets to the equator) and hotter it gets the plants DNA naturally selects for high THCV and other propyl cannabinoids this is because of extreamly high UV-b and some uv-c rays and heat which change the precursors of thc then as it goes down the processes it makes THCV instead of THC wich is stronger than thc but is less lasting also the plant selects for CBC and CBCV. Which is a cb1 reuptake inhibitor so it blocks it's reputake and keeps it in the brain for longer which can cause a intensified effect. Then all other changes are from environment and climate. That's why DJ short calls some parts of the world sweet spots for cannabis diffrent altitudes and latitudes and longitudes and climates. Also human intervention helps with better more controlled potency and resin content. And there are differences in highs bet teen cannabis indica narrow leaf and indica wide leaf remember sativa is the hemp plant but people have been calling it sativa for the longest. Also don't forget that terpenes and age of weed play a bigger role than we think in stone and high/ couch lock or no couch lock.

Last edited:
Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Thanks man you just made my day bother. I just want people to know that I'm very passionate about cannabis and other plants of interest. Right now I'm working on making a landrace seed bank and also on some crosses that I preselected for future use but in time they will be complete that's the main reason I need the afghans and Pakistanis that's why I here by paten my name Kush Kloud for a future strain that's coming to change the weed game forever just like OG kush and desiel and chemdog, skunk, haze did which I freaking love but hate that it has made it's way in every cross to this day like damn people show some love to old sativas or (narrow leaf Indicas) like columbian, Thai(southeast asain), Mexican, other southamerica and most definetly African. Also old school afghans and Pakistanis and even Iranians strains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom