Pollen Sales

• Thread starter Urban Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

i also have male pollen available,

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/tazzmanian-gardens-only-the-best.67657/#post-1357609

Last edited:
canadaseed

canadaseed

I've read that flour can attract moisture, something like cornstarch might be better.
u kno that is absolutely true never thought about that, myself. Also i suppose the people using the flour method haven't really considered that. good call on the corn starch.

elkhunter

elkhunter

ill take some pre-2000ish..... blueberry indica, bluemoonshine, nevilles haze, white before it was black widow, SSH, dthf, roadkill, shishkaberry, C99, romberry and orange crush from vic... 1/4 gram of each please...thanks...elk..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ill take some pre-2000ish..... blueberry indica, bluemoonshine, nevilles haze, white before it was black widow, SSH, dthf, roadkill, shishkaberry, C99, romberry and orange crush from vic... 1/4 gram of each please...thanks...elk..
Please tell me that's possible I mean are you being sarcastic or is this a legitimate order

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/tazzmanian-gardens-only-the-best.67657/#post-1357609[/QUOTE]
@canadaseed I've been using a pasta flour called "Tino 00" it is one of the finer flours available. More in line with the sizing of a typical cannabis pollen grain. Allows for a more even distribution matrix and balance between flour (the carrier) and the live pollen. Just throwin it in the mix. Be sure to throw some rice in the container for a dessicant.

Also keep in mind as mentioned by others that certain pollens store at different time frames. Plant species dependent.
http://www.amazon.com/Antimo-Caputo-Italian-Superfine-00/dp/B0038ZS6PU

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is some random study on pollen and storage I found. Truth of the matter is there is very little research yet on the storage of cannabis pollen.

Pollen storage
Plant breeders have enlisted pollen storage to expand their choice of parents for crosses, as it enables the hybridization of parents that do not flower synchronously. For those species with appropriate pollen storage characteristics, pollen storage may be advantageous for preserving genetic samples of germplasm accessions. Stored pollen can provide germplasm samples exempt from quarantine restrictions, preserve large samples of genetic diversity in small volumes, and supplement field plantings.

There are at least three disadvantages to pollen storage. In species with strictly maternal cytoplasmic inheritance, any cytoplasmic variants will go unpreserved. See link for definition ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extranuclear_inheritance ) Pollen cannot be used to generate a seed (or a normal plant) without an appropriate female parent (Roberts, 1975), so suitable seed parents must be maintained. The accurate measurement of pollen viability has not been as extensively studied as has been the measurement of seed viability. In the absence of standards, the manager must perform experiments to establish useful protocols for measuring pollen viability.

Another possible disadvantage that has not been widely tested, but has been examined by Pallais et al. (1986), is that various pollen haplotypes may have differential longevity in storage and differential viability in response to conditions during sample preparation. Roath et al. (1988) employed an isozyme marker to track allelic frequency changes, associated with pollen storage, in progeny produced by pollinating sunflower (Helianthus annuus) inbred lines with pollen samples stored in liquid nitrogen and under conventional refrigeration. No significant differences in allelic frequencies were detected between the storage conditions, although overall pollen viability declined more rapidly in the refrigerated sample than in the sample stored in liquid nitrogen.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Here is some random study on pollen and storage I found. Truth of the matter is there is very little research yet on the storage of cannabis pollen.

Pollen storage
Plant breeders have enlisted pollen storage to expand their choice of parents for crosses, as it enables the hybridization of parents that do not flower synchronously. For those species with appropriate pollen storage characteristics, pollen storage may be advantageous for preserving genetic samples of germplasm accessions. Stored pollen can provide germplasm samples exempt from quarantine restrictions, preserve large samples of genetic diversity in small volumes, and supplement field plantings.

There are at least three disadvantages to pollen storage. In species with strictly maternal cytoplasmic inheritance, any cytoplasmic variants will go unpreserved. See link for definition ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extranuclear_inheritance ) Pollen cannot be used to generate a seed (or a normal plant) without an appropriate female parent (Roberts, 1975), so suitable seed parents must be maintained. The accurate measurement of pollen viability has not been as extensively studied as has been the measurement of seed viability. In the absence of standards, the manager must perform experiments to establish useful protocols for measuring pollen viability.

Another possible disadvantage that has not been widely tested, but has been examined by Pallais et al. (1986), is that various pollen haplotypes may have differential longevity in storage and differential viability in response to conditions during sample preparation. Roath et al. (1988) employed an isozyme marker to track allelic frequency changes, associated with pollen storage, in progeny produced by pollinating sunflower (Helianthus annuus) inbred lines with pollen samples stored in liquid nitrogen and under conventional refrigeration. No significant differences in allelic frequencies were detected between the storage conditions, although overall pollen viability declined more rapidly in the refrigerated sample than in the sample stored in liquid nitrogen.
Common denominator here eh, sounds like plenty of room for job creation in research alone! Let's learn this plant inside and out. I know man will use it for evil but that will not trump the greatness destined for cannabis

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So based on this quote, is cannabis pollen a dessication sensitive pollen????

Desiccation sensitivity in pollen
Pollen can be classified by its response to desiccation. Pollen grains that survive drying can be stored more easily than those requiring a high moisture content. Desiccation-sensitive pollen cannot be stored at temperatures below freezing without special techniques (see Towill, 1989), because of mechanical damage caused by intracellular ice formation. Desiccation-resistant pollen follows the same general storage relationship as do desiccation-resistant seeds: longevity can be increased by lowering temperature and moisture content (within certain extremes). An initial drying phase over a desiccant or vacuum at moderate temperatures (20 to 25 C) or freeze-drying, followed by storage at or below -18 C, are common storage protocols (Stanley and Linskens, 1974). Recent reports of successful pollen overview of earlier reports.

Many plant species have not been characterized for the response of their pollen to drying. Towill (1989) and Stanley and Linskens (1974) suggest that most binucleate pollens (as found in Rosaceae and Ericaceae) are desiccation-tolerant and trinucleate pollens (as found in Asteraceae and Poaceae) are desiccation-sensitive.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So with that said is Cannabis pollen binucleate or trinucleate pollen or neither????

Dont ya love a good mystery. Who is gonna come up with the answer???????

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Pollen storage

So I don't know if I've mentioned this but I have pollen that's been stored for about 22 months or so in not so ideal conditions with vegetation and moisture and in and out of freezer garage and storage unit that will be tested sooner then later hopefully by someone and I will report results at that time

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So I don't know if I've mentioned this but I have pollen that's been stored for about 22 months or so in not so ideal conditions with vegetation and moisture and in and out of freezer garage and storage unit that will be tested sooner then later hopefully by someone and I will report results at that time
@caveman4.20 The best researchers around are us Farmers. !!!!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

:eek:Amen there used to be a smiley taking notes but it's gone and all my damn smileys are popping up in front of my post
@Seamaiden how do I fix this

Top Bottom