• Thread starter UCHQ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crossouttheiis

Roots,
will they grow into the pipes and block water flow....if so is there a way to preventing blockage?

new models come with a root sweep at least the pro does. It can block water flow, but a little root pruining before flowering will do the trick.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

a root sweep?
can you take a picture for us, pretty please :wondering :) :joint:

T

themeangreen23

wouldnt let it get much higher then your temps now without co2. on the leaf 75 to 78 veg 72 to 76 in flower without co2 is usually ideal. i run co2 and keep mine at a steady 76 on the top leaf but they say u can run hotter with co2. i try and keep my lights anywhere from 12 to 18 inches above my canopy i wouldnt go to much closer than that. especially if your in the low 80"s already. if u have high ceilings u can go higher than 18 if u dont mind the stretch but b careful of a dominant sativa cuz it will really start to shoot up

S

ScrOGer

So i just realized that the price for the UC systems does NOT include a chiller. Where does the high price come from? Uniseals range from 3-6 bucks each, depending on 2 or 3 inches versions. The pipe is cheap. the buckets are/seem to be molded/injected plastic you can buy from china or the phillipines very cheaply. the air stones are under 10 bucks each, netpots are cheap. I just dont see the value, when compared to the retail price.

I know they work, and are badass, but you can build them yourself. for 1/3 the retail price.

I am just amazed/stunned/flabergasted that even at $1200.00 for a 8 site system, you can build 3 for the same price.

If i didnt have medical bills i could easily afford to buy UC, but come on.....

UCHQ: please let me know what your company does for patients that who do not deal with the wholesale or retail end of caregiving, please.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

So i just realized that the price for the UC systems does NOT include a chiller. Where does the high price come from? Uniseals range from 3-6 bucks each, depending on 2 or 3 inches versions. The pipe is cheap. the buckets are/seem to be molded/injected plastic you can buy from china or the phillipines very cheaply. the air stones are under 10 bucks each, netpots are cheap. I just dont see the value, when compared to the retail price.

I know they work, and are badass, but you can build them yourself. for 1/3 the retail price.

I am just amazed/stunned/flabergasted that even at $1200.00 for a 8 site system, you can build 3 for the same price.

UCHQ: please let me know what your company does for patients that who do not deal with the wholesale or retail end of caregiving, please.

Don't forget to add the price for the air pumps and water pumps, lids and diffuser, as well as the extra little seals and hoses. Then add up the time spent persicely drilling all the holes, cutting pipes and designing the system.. Oh yeah I guess you could just jack them for their knowledge and work put into these badass systems.. Every other type of system is overpriced along with a
high majority of other shit in this world. One thing is for sure, if you use the system your money comes back to you. There is always soil.. Besides, all the benefits outway any negative that's for sure.. Don't get me wrong, I was also
very hesitant to make the move over to the UC side of life after seeing the cost.. After a long road of researching and weighing out what I ultimately
wanted I decided to jump in the water.. ;) One pull later I sold the majority of my other equipment and bought another UC.. After getting my package in the mail and opening up the box I was very pleased seeing the quality equipment
the UC came with. After adding up the cost of everything I wasn't as shocked at the price.. Yes I can build it cheaper, I also have a lot of other things to do
with my time that can pay me much more money.. not to mention I love supporting the few of the others out there pushing the same movement as myself. If I could do it over I would probably order it bare bones.. Not to save the money but to build to my own size..
Big ups to the UC crew for the knowledge they share that comes along with buying the system as well as all the work and effort put into changing growers lives for the better..

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter

Fortunately there are a wide variety of methods and techniques available for cultivating plants, many of which are both inexpensive and effective. We realize the price point of our systems doesn't make us a practical choice for all gardeners.

We can say with confidence that our Californian manufactured systems incorporate high quality inputs as well as providing a solid company that stands behind it's products.

If you are interested in using the UC but prefer to DIY, there are some good tutorial threads here on the farm to learn from.

Best wishes on your future grows.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Having bought three or four of these and knockin out ten more DIY built units , I can tell you that the savings on doin it yourself is neglegable.....the cheapest I have been able to get it down to is $498.00usd for a 4 site 13 gallon setup, that is axactly the same components UC uses with a couple of small upgrades, that does not include 1 minute of your time and effort.. You'll have a few days just in sourcing the components, then ordering them and getting them shipped is another ordeal for sure.

One thing to remember is that quantity price breaks wont apply to you in most cases because your not ordering in large lots..like the uniseals, this small quantities your looking at over $6.00 a piece in lots of 100 I still could only get them down to just over $3 plus frieght, the buckets can be found for $12 or so but have a 45 bucket minumum at that price.

When it all said and done you will have about $100-$125 per bucket including everything air/water pumps, lines, seals, lids. etc...and again that is with absolutely none of your time included which is goin to be a couple days on the phone and computer and another day or two actually building and assembling the system.

Tex

C

crossouttheiis

Having bought three or four of these and knockin out ten more DIY built units , I can tell you that the savings on doin it yourself is neglegable.....the cheapest I have been able to get it down to is $498.00usd for a 4 site 13 gallon setup, that is axactly the same components UC uses with a couple of small upgrades, that does not include 1 minute of your time and effort.. You'll have a few days just in sourcing the components, then ordering them and getting them shipped is another ordeal for sure.

One thing to remember is that quantity price breaks wont apply to you in most cases because your not ordering in large lots..like the uniseals, this small quantities your looking at over $6.00 a piece in lots of 100 I still could only get them down to just over $3 plus frieght, the buckets can be found for $12 or so but have a 45 bucket minumum at that price.

When it all said and done you will have about $100-$125 per bucket including everything air/water pumps, lines, seals, lids. etc...and again that is with absolutely none of your time included which is goin to be a couple days on the phone and computer and another day or two actually building and assembling the system.

Tex

+ 1

I would rather save my time as I have an actual job and my time is worth a lot per hour, there are only so many hours in a day!

O

ogkushee

Yup time is Money! Save your time so you can have more time to dial in the system. I also got a couple runs done with the system and i wonder what is the best flushing method in the uc to have the best taste? Straight ro , low ppm , or nothing but low ppm booster/harder?

S

skankymonkey23

I have a couple rooted cuttings in my UC right now and they are running at 430 ppm. They aren't growing quickly... should I boost them up in PPM? When I do this the PH starts to fall and the PPM's go up automatically. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... especially on what is going on when PH/PPM drops/rises. Thank you.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Me personally id drop the ppm a bit.. :)

ph going down, ec going up, would seem to me you are already running to strong. Thats just my opinion though.. UCHQ might tell you something different, thats just what I have found to be true for me.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
I have a couple rooted cuttings in my UC right now and they are running at 430 ppm. They aren't growing quickly... should I boost them up in PPM? When I do this the PH starts to fall and the PPM's go up automatically. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... especially on what is going on when PH/PPM drops/rises. Thank you.

Rooted cuttings will do best at between 175 - 250 ppm. Plants need water first, the minerals will be absorbed with the water once the pants begin to uptake.

B

Bud Head

Starting week 4 bloom PPMs at 460. Straight Ionic bloom, roots are nice and white, plants are looking very healthy, but wondering if I can push the nutes a little harder without a setback? And also wondering when to add a little Boost? And do I use it at half strength of what's recommended on the bottle? Thanks for your help.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Starting week 4 bloom PPMs at 460. Straight Ionic bloom, roots are nice and white, plants are looking very healthy, but wondering if I can push the nutes a little harder without a setback? And also wondering when to add a little Boost? And do I use it at half strength of what's recommended on the bottle? Thanks for your help.

Bump up in 10% increments and keep your eye on your plants and your concentration. If the plants look good and your EC is'nt rising you are good. Then let the plants ride for a few days before trying another 10% increase. Repeat as long as the plants are responding well. If the plants slow their consumption of the solution or pH gets wacky, dilute back down to what the plants were previously thriving at.

B

Bud Head

Looking good at 520. Will add some boost tomorrow.
I have a Hanna meter with ppm and ph. Not sure how to figure EC.
Do I need another meter?
Thanks for the help.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

1 EC = 500 ppm on a .5 conversion and 700 on a .7 conversion. What rate is your meter converting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom