Rapid rooter and watering auto...

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so overnight I had to order a prefilter.... didnt know I would need to wash monthly..... dont know why i didnt think of this before.... we smoke alot of green indoors also..... so my fan hasnt stopped all night.... I had to take my carbon filter out to take strain off my fan.... the other prefilter will be here tomorrow..... i have a floor heater at the base of my tent.... I'm getting dehumidifier and inkbird not this weekend but next....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so overnight I had to order a prefilter.... didnt know I would need to wash monthly..... dont know why i didnt think of this before.... we smoke alot of green indoors also..... so my fan hasnt stopped all night.... I had to take my carbon filter out to take strain off my fan.... the other prefilter will be here tomorrow..... i have a floor heater at the base of my tent.... I'm getting dehumidifier and inkbird not this weekend but next....
Make sure you get a dehumidifier that has auto restart function if you plan to control it with a humidity controller. They work by cutting power so if it doesn't have auto restart it won't work and not all dehueys have that function. The nice thing about the inkbirds is they have a delay so you don't burn out your compressors prematurely. I recommend a delay of at least 3 minutes.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Make sure you get a dehumidifier that has auto restart function if you plan to control it with a humidity controller. They work by cutting power so if it doesn't have auto restart it won't work and not all dehueys have that function. The nice thing about the inkbirds is they have a delay so you don't burn out your compressors prematurely. I recommend a delay of at least 3 minutes.
Do you know of any brands that have the auto restart?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you know of any brands that have the auto restart?
Noma but they are garbage. I'm grabbing a new one shortly, it was recommended by a fellow grower @Dirtbag and has auto restart.

You can find several that have that option just be sure to confirm that it has it

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Noma but they are garbage. I'm grabbing a new one shortly, it was recommended by a fellow grower @Dirtbag and has auto restart.

You can find several that have that option just be sure to confirm that it has it
Go to vivosun.com check out that mini I dont see anything for auto restart but that was what I was looking at it's there brand.... I'm going to go check this out then I'll be back on in a bit got to go get stuff for our turkey and get some other stuff...

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I need a cheaper option 100 or less

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Go to vivosun.com check out that mini I dont see anything for auto restart but that was what I was looking at it's there brand.... I'm going to go check this out then I'll be back on in a bit got to go get stuff for our turkey and get some other stuff...
100% garbage. It's run using a Peltier module. Super inefficient and very poor performance. 400ml a day will do absolutely nothing. I have several Peltier modules Kickin around for hobby stuff and o can tell you it won't change the humidity by 0.1% in a room that size. Wow I cannot believe they are trying to sell that garbage... Makes me livid.

You need a dehuey with a compressor. The minimum would be a 30pint but that will cut it close and life span will be short. I recommend a 70 pint

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The tent in my bedroom? I just have it venting into my room for now.... I dont live in a good part of town where I'm at.....
You can use your exhaust fan to control humidity but all that moisture going into your room I would not feel good about.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm just curious as to why you feel you need one to start with? I mean it's a good idea to use it in the room that the tent is in and then use the exhaust fan to control humidity in the tent.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I'm just curious as to why you feel you need one to start with? I mean it's a good idea to use it in the room that the tent is in and then use the exhaust fan to control humidity in the tent.
I'm not able with weather change suddenly here from hot to cold..... now I'm trying to balance my environment.... should I go ahead and get the stuff to vent out my window? I'm on second story and the room it's in dont have a balcony..... I've just been putting it off.... or is there any other way?

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I'm not able with weather change suddenly here from hot to cold..... now I'm trying to balance my environment.... should I go ahead and get the stuff to vent out my window? I'm on second story and the room it's in dont have a balcony..... I've just been putting it off.... or is there any other way?
Trying to stay stealth as possible

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Easiest way is to control the room the tent is in. I'm not exactly sure what your dealing with... Idk if smell is a concern. If you can exhaust the tent outside it would pretty much be the best thing you can do and probably not need to add any other equipment. I mean AC, heat, dehuey and all that stuff is great but you can get by without as long as you can keep temps and humidity within reason.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Easiest way is to control the room the tent is in. I'm not exactly sure what your dealing with... Idk if smell is a concern. If you can exhaust the tent outside it would pretty much be the best thing you can do and probably not need to add any other equipment. I mean AC, heat, dehuey and all that stuff is great but you can get by without as long as you can keep temps and humidity within reason.
Ok and one more question for right now is there a stealth way of venting out window.... ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its hard for me to give advice on this stuff because to run a room like I do that nobody can tell is anything but a closet unless my AC is running with no smell and be able to control the environment is expensive and not needed to grow.

On the other hand you can do without it all but it can make for challenges with conditions and detection of odor.

The is no cheap way indoors to completely control smell or environment imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One way is to get an inline fan and carbon filter and ducting. Now they sell these window fittings that fit in sliding windows for single and duel hose AC's so if people have AC around you this will look like nothing more than an AC vent.

Hang the filter in the tent, connect the fan to the filter then the ducting to the AC window vent.

This is a window AC vent for portable AC units. There are lots of different ones.

Feileng Universal Window Seal Window Slide Kit Plate Window Vent Adapter Hands Tool Exhaust Pipe Fittings Exhaust Fume Pipe Baffle for Portable Air Conditioner

Last edited:
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

One way is to get an inline fan and carbon filter and ducting. Now they sell these window fittings that fit in sliding windows for single and duel hose AC's so if people have AC around you this will look like nothing more than an AC vent.

Hang the filter in the tent, connect the fan to the filter then the ducting to the AC window vent.

This is a window AC vent for portable AC units. There are lots of different ones.

Feileng Universal Window Seal Window Slide Kit Plate Window Vent Adapter Hands Tool Exhaust Pipe Fittings Exhaust Fume Pipe Baffle for Portable Air Conditioner
Ok perhaps I was a bit paranoid yes lots of people have window ac and swamp coolers all around me then in my unit it's all central ac/heat......
Once I got back temps rose and the tent is running normal..... but it wont stay that way I just panicked lol.... ok so I need the window ac ducting and to get a piece that keeps rain and anything coming back in the ducting....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok and one more question for right now is there a stealth way of venting out window.... ?

Yes, I used to exhaust a 6 light grow out the front window in a condo complex believe it or not.

You first hang blinds in the window and then build a false wall over the window in the room. Cut a hole in the false wall for the exhaust vent and connect it to your carbon filtered exhaust fan, that's it. we even put a little light in the window behind the false wall on a timer, looked perfectly normal from outside.

Edit, didnt see you were in a tent. Even easier then, AC window duct like Aqua Man said. Easy. must be on a good carbon filter though, ideally oversized, and connected to a fan that's dialed down a bit for optimal smell control. My condo grow was totally odorless outside from doing it that way with 10 pounds of purple kush ripening 5 feet away lol.

Top Bottom