Rapid rooter and watering auto...

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Noma but they are garbage. I'm grabbing a new one shortly, it was recommended by a fellow grower @Dirtbag and has auto restart.

You can find several that have that option just be sure to confirm that it has it

This has been an excellent dehu so far. No issues, runs quiet, doesnt clunk and bang when it cycles, and it cranks out the water. Especially in continuous run mode. Which is handy for those last couple weeks in flower. It kept my room 35-40% RH the whole last week.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok perhaps I was a bit paranoid yes lots of people have window ac and swamp coolers all around me then in my unit it's all central ac/heat......
Once I got back temps rose and the tent is running normal..... but it wont stay that way I just panicked lol.... ok so I need the window ac ducting and to get a piece that keeps rain and anything coming back in the ducting....
The one I linked has a baffle that stops anything coming back in.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so I have somethings I have to take care very soon I'm going to get the window stuff i have to wait a week but i think I'll be safe.... ok so update at same message 77f RH 53% ppm 253 brought up from 181.... ph was in range when I got in there and after I added mixture.... she is 18" now and 20" from light @ 38k lux.... raised my circulating fan so it wasnt just blowing the middle of the girl moved it to just blow the tops.....
20191121 124742
20191121 124727

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
One thing to add is make sure you also have makeup air coming into the room. If you vent outside you need to have that same volume of air coming back into the house/room from outside somewhere. can be a window in another room or something. This can make wives/girlfriends very unhappy in the winter.

And this is where balancing a tent can get tricky. In my experience its trickier than managing the environment in a much larger dedicated grow room. Its arguably easier to just vent the tent into the room and control conditions in the room rather than the tent.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

One thing to add is make sure you also have makeup air coming into the room. If you vent outside you need to have that same volume of air coming back into the house/room from outside somewhere. can be a window in another room or something. This can make wives/girlfriends very unhappy in the winter.

And this is where balancing a tent can get tricky. In my experience its trickier than managing the environment in a much larger dedicated grow room. Its arguably easier to just vent the tent into the room and control conditions in the room rather than the tent.
I have good air to come in that's no problem and it doesnt snow where I am so it wont be that bad

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

One way is to get an inline fan and carbon filter and ducting. Now they sell these window fittings that fit in sliding windows for single and duel hose AC's so if people have AC around you this will look like nothing more than an AC vent.

Hang the filter in the tent, connect the fan to the filter then the ducting to the AC window vent.

This is a window AC vent for portable AC units. There are lots of different ones.

Feileng Universal Window Seal Window Slide Kit Plate Window Vent Adapter Hands Tool Exhaust Pipe Fittings Exhaust Fume Pipe Baffle for Portable Air Conditioner
I cant buy this one it says it cant be delivered where I am

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Just look for another... There are lots out there. I think they are all 4" but just double check first.
Yeah I'm trying to find a setup.... I might have to get a 6" to 4" converter of some type if they are all 4"

Moshmen

Moshmen

There’s an argument? Lol

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

There’s an argument? Lol
So I'm curious in the last pic I posted... with autoflower I've read I'm not supposed to prune at all and I havent but the bottom leaves that are kinda draping the res it would be alot easier for me with the growth I've had recently to take them off.... plus with other plant experience these are the same ones I cut off small trees and plants... so if I can prune some which ones am I safe trimming?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I'm curious in the last pic I posted... with autoflower I've read I'm not supposed to prune at all and I havent but the bottom leaves that are kinda draping the res it would be alot easier for me with the growth I've had recently to take them off.... plus with other plant experience these are the same ones I cut off small trees and plants... so if I can prune some which ones am I safe trimming?
Imo I wouldn't trim anything that isn't resting on top of something. But if they are resting on the res then I would. Not sure your light schedule thinking 20/4? But if your going to remove anything do it at lights out so the plant has some time to recover before lights on.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

There’s an argument? Lol
Ok so I have a small bathroom window I opened it and now it's just cracked and my system has finally balanced... to the point where inline is on and off instead of solid on but still have to get the window kit and put the vent out that side and leave bathroom window cracked for fresh.... for now its working...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I have a small bathroom window I opened it and now it's just cracked and my system has finally balanced... to the point where inline is on and off instead of solid on but still have to get the window kit and put the vent out that side and leave bathroom window cracked for fresh.... for now its working...
Awesome stuff

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Imo I wouldn't trim anything that isn't resting on top of something. But if they are resting on the res then I would. Not sure your light schedule thinking 20/4? But if your going to remove anything do it at lights out so the plant has some time to recover before lights on.

I was taught to always pull leaves from greenhouse plants at the beginning of the light cycle.

For several reasons but the main ones being; the plant is actively growing and making energy in the daytime so that's when tissue repair is the most efficient, and pruning leaves at night leaves an open wet wound when the plant is most vulnerable to infection from pathogens like PM etc. You never want an open wet wound in the dark cycle if it can be avoided.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was taught to always pull leaves from greenhouse plants at the beginning of the light cycle.

For several reasons but the main ones being; the plant is actively growing and making energy in the daytime so that's when tissue repair is the most efficient, and pruning leaves at night leaves an open wet wound when the plant is most vulnerable to infection from pathogens like PM etc. You never want an open wet wound in the dark cycle if it can be avoided.
Thats an interesting point....I always did it at night to reduce the stress of the plant during lights on. I understand there are different processes from day/night going on but I was not aware that tissue repair was affected and was of the mindset that stressed plants reduce efficiency in photosynthesis. I'm open to that thought process and going to do some digging to see if i can find anything on this

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats an interesting point....I always did it at night to reduce the stress of the plant during lights on. I understand there are different processes from day/night going on but I was not aware that tissue repair was affected and was of the mindset that stressed plants reduce efficiency in photosynthesis. I'm open to that thought process and going to do some digging to see if i can find anything on this

Let me know what you come up with. It's been over 20yrs since I sat in a classroom but that's how I remember it. But I have smoked a lot of pot since then haha.

I just remember my prof telling me about it in a class on IPM. Specifically the PM prevention aspect of it. But I do recall something about the plants metabolism and carbohydrate depletion making it work to repair itself at night.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let me know what you come up with. It's been over 20yrs since I sat in a classroom but that's how I remember it. But I have smoked a lot of pot since then haha.

I just remember my prof telling me about it in a class on IPM. Specifically the PM prevention aspect of it. But I do recall something about the plants metabolism and carbohydrate depletion making it work to repair itself at night.
Ok that would make sense but i would attribute it to move favorable conditions for IPM. cooler temps and higher humidity also usually still air. I'm looking but nothing either way

Top Bottom