Sativa Dom Grow

• Thread starter Seraphine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

Of course! ATM, Iam having bad luck trying to germinate some Hawaiian strains. They either don’t pop at all or (if they do) never emerge from the soil. Trying now with some coco...if this doesn’t work, then I think it’s the beans ☹ My outdoor forest is doing fine though!😁
Looking good! I feel like sativa seeds require more heat to germinate. Once I started growing predominantly sativa dominant plants, I noticed the seeds were a bit harder to germinate. Maybe it was just the seeds or me 🙄

Seraphine

Seraphine

The cafe racer has been hang drying a little over a week (I think). Getting ready to put it in curing jars but the husband wanted me to leave a few buds out to dry a little more so he could test tomorrow. I’m really anxious to see if it’s as strong as the the breeder claims. I know a couple weeks curing will bring the buds to their full potential but we can usually tell by this early sample. If it’s not as potent as the breeder claims then I will not grow this strain again, took waaaaay too long to flower.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Good new the cafe racer is definitely very high THC but hard to say without a lab test. I’ll know for sure if this strain is worth keeping in the rotation after a proper cure.

Currently in the flower tent are two cafe racer (clones of the plant I just harvested), two strawberry amnesia, two gg4 s1, one white widow auto. I am about to throw an indica in there once I get her lollipopped and pruned up a bit.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Final weigh in for the cafe racer is exactly 4 ounces. What does everyone think about 4 ounces for a plant that takes 16 weeks to flower?

The husband does best on sativas or very very high THC indicas. A strain I grew in the past for him was a very quick flower (8weeks) and it worked very well for him. He nicknamed it “Forrest Gump” because after he smoked it, he ran one of his best times on a 10k run. I am going to order a bunch more of those seeds, along with some strawberry amnesia and put those on deck.

I am also getting a larger flower tent since I am having a hard time keeping up with his medication dosage. Either a 5’x5’ or 8’x4’. The 8’x4’ is also a taller height so it would give me more head room for some of these sativas. Along with the larger tent, I’ll probably order 2 more lights-cobs. I think he goes through almost a gram every two hours. So 6-7 grams per day which comes out to about 42 grams per week or roughly 1.5 ounces per week. FUCK that’s some pressure to keep up with.

You might be thinking that he smokes A LOT of weed, but if you knew him before, you’d see why I grow it and why he smokes so much of it. It has changed his life, he’s done a complete 180, excels at work, lost a ton of weight, is in shape now, got out of alcohol’s evil claws, runs competitively, and most important: mentally well.

Here’s some of the cafe racer

C410ECA1 19D1 4B06 A5B8 55405CAF7275
TerriR

TerriR

From a production perspective, you can’t wait 16 weeks unless 4 oz is double the 8 week harvest.
That said...if it is excellent, maybe it can work with the bigger tent. Good job, looks excellent!

Seraphine

Seraphine

well said. I will probably keep 1 of the cafe racer in the tent at any given time. I only need 3 (maybe 4) sq ft per plant so I can fit 10-12 plants in a 32sq ft grow space. I am figuring out what plants to grow to generate an output that will provide a surplus so I don’t have to stress over him running out. I already have 2 strains that I will buy that I know work well as medication (strawberry amnesia and gelat.og) but I need a few that are fast flowering, very high THC maybe something around 20%. So now I get to do the fun part, researching some new strains and buying seeds!

Seraphine

Seraphine

I thought my plants were foxtailing due to the heat, but it isn’t that hot in there, 82F at the canopy but some of these sativas are pretty close to the lights. It never caused issues before so I was puzzled as to why it is now causing issues. I noticed a few of the plants were growing 1 fingered leafs. Yep. Lights got fucked up. Re veg.

The one timer is behind the tent and the other timer is in the front where I work. The shop vac hose must have accidentally rubbed up against the switch on the side which means instead of being on the timer, it got switched to light on which means it was on all the time. Had to have been like that for 2ish weeks. So now I have to go down there tonight to make sure the settings are correct on both timers when the lights go out. I started suspecting reveg a few days ago.

So on to positive thinking, I am happy to know it was reveg and not shitty bud development. So I am actually relieved it was reveg. I’m going to have to put some duct tape over the the switch to keep that from happening again. I am little down that this will set me back a few weeks to get them back into flower cycle.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Final weigh in for the cafe racer is exactly 4 ounces. What does everyone think about 4 ounces for a plant that takes 16 weeks to flower?

The husband does best on sativas or very very high THC indicas. A strain I grew in the past for him was a very quick flower (8weeks) and it worked very well for him. He nicknamed it “Forrest Gump” because after he smoked it, he ran one of his best times on a 10k run. I am going to order a bunch more of those seeds, along with some strawberry amnesia and put those on deck.

I am also getting a larger flower tent since I am having a hard time keeping up with his medication dosage. Either a 5’x5’ or 8’x4’. The 8’x4’ is also a taller height so it would give me more head room for some of these sativas. Along with the larger tent, I’ll probably order 2 more lights-cobs. I think he goes through almost a gram every two hours. So 6-7 grams per day which comes out to about 42 grams per week or roughly 1.5 ounces per week. FUCK that’s some pressure to keep up with.

You might be thinking that he smokes A LOT of weed, but if you knew him before, you’d see why I grow it and why he smokes so much of it. It has changed his life, he’s done a complete 180, excels at work, lost a ton of weight, is in shape now, got out of alcohol’s evil claws, runs competitively, and most important: mentally well.

Here’s some of the cafe racer
That looks nice! regarding 16 weeks I currently have so-called eight or nine week strains that go 11 or 12 weeks, so 16 weeks with a sativa doesn't surprise me at all

Seraphine

Seraphine

That looks nice! regarding 16 weeks I currently have so-called eight or nine week strains that go 11 or 12 weeks, so 16 weeks with a sativa doesn't surprise me at all

I’ve learned to expect an extra two weeks past the breeder recommended time however these sativas are going 4-6 weeks past the breeder recommended time. I had to go back and check my notes and I couldn’t believe how long they took. If they were honest upfront about the flower time, I’d be able to better plan my grows. I’ve only had one strain that actually finished according to the breeder time frame and I am going to buy more of those seeds.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’ve learned to expect an extra two weeks past the breeder recommended time however these sativas are going 4-6 weeks past the breeder recommended time. I had to go back and check my notes and I couldn’t believe how long they took. If they were honest upfront about the flower time, I’d be able to better plan my grows. I’ve only had one strain that actually finished according to the breeder time frame and I am going to buy more of those seeds.
Exactly! but if they said how long it really took nobody would buy them so kind of a catch-22, looks like some fine weed though! :)

Seraphine

Seraphine

Some recent pictures of my flower tent. I had to switch the veg tent to flower since I was running out of space. I just harvest four plants (2 cafe racers and 2 white widows) so I put 4 of the plants flowering in the veg tent into the flower tent so I still have 2 flowering in my veg. Trying to get it back to a veg tent soon here once I harvest two more in my flower tent and I free up some space. Succession planning with sativas is definitely more difficult because they take so long to flower and I sometimes start seeds too soon and they turn into the 3ft fall plants. I’ll have to start my seeds when my saticas have 4- 6 weeks left to flowers. The buds on these GG4s are HUGE!

1CA7DA4C 8E17 458E 9DC2 66D8A474E6BE
54C32F74 202F 4C72 BEB2 A9DD09818EF0
F1F65115 7BC1 437E B652 CF430E4204C6
B0E770C2 B529 4E09 A10D 0D4626090286
TerriR

TerriR

Some recent pictures of my flower tent. I had to switch the veg tent to flower since I was running out of space. I just harvest four plants (2 cafe racers and 2 white widows) so I put 4 of the plants flowering in the veg tent into the flower tent so I still have 2 flowering in my veg. Trying to get it back to a veg tent soon here once I harvest two more in my flower tent and I free up some space. Succession planning with sativas is definitely more difficult because they take so long to flower and I sometimes start seeds too soon and they turn into the 3ft fall plants. I’ll have to start my seeds when my saticas have 4- 6 weeks left to flowers. The buds on these GG4s are HUGE!
@Seraphine - how many weeks in flower are they? did you change your nutrient formula in late flower? I cut mine altogether in coco at week 8...and they are starting to look like this (dying leaves, that is) so I am back to giving very weak MB. Do you feed all the way to harvest ?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I see a face on the cola in back on the right. You should get a pair of goggle eyes and stick 'em on.

Okay, no more getting high in the mornings.😜

Seraphine

Seraphine

@Seraphine - how many weeks in flower are they? did you change your nutrient formula in late flower? I cut mine altogether in coco at week 8...and they are starting to look like this (dying leaves, that is) so I am back to giving very weak MB. Do you feed all the way to harvest ?
The gorilla glue (the pics outside of the tent, with the face, lol) are 14 weeks flower. Almost ready to chop. I feed up until harvest. I might flush for two days. I feed daily, sometimes if nute burn starts, I’ll give plain water every other day. The only thing I changed this flower is the bloom supplement of mineral mono potassium phosphate 1/4 teaspoon 1 or 2 time per week. The dying of foliage is just its natural annual life cycle. No biggie. Just a sign that the plant is going through senescence.

Last edited:
TerriR

TerriR

The gorilla glue (the pics outside of the tent, with the face, lol) are 14 weeks flower. Almost ready to chop. I feed up until harvest. I might flush for two days. I feed daily, sometimes if nute burn starts, I’ll give plain water every other day. The only thing I changed this flower is the bloom supplement of mineral mono potassium phosphate 1/4 teaspoon 1 or 2 time per week. The dying of foliage is just its natural annual life cycle. No biggie. Just a sign that the plant is going through senescence.
sheesh...14 weeks means that I am a little past HALFWAY if mine take that long. Thank goodness I have plenty curing and not in a hurry. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom