Schwifty grows Trustfall genetics - Grape Crème Cake x Okie (Feminized)

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 6 seedling-

#1 - her first leafset is already a 3 finger….just wow 🤩 is all I can say! These girls are doing great and well on their way.

Watered all 4 with RO no nutrients at all. Next watering I will start introducing calmag along with a foilar spray

Temps: 78
Humidity: 63
VPD: 1.0

E3C60767 0A94 4D08 9BEA 28A35BABD7C8

F6D7BED0 6736 43F7 9774 25B3AB37C201

#3-
DE94AA78 2DF3 4A87 A246 7D98EE178FE0

4FD1FCC5 744F 4DA0 9B36 730AA76BA8CE

9D21B23F 3494 4FBC 862A B2D3DF16C7A3

Lockebox

Lockebox

Homesteader

Homesteader

If your plants are in small bags bags and going into a larger you can just cut an x in the bottom of the bag and plop it in the middle. This also helps to avoid moisture around the stalk when watering. Not sure if I am describing it well either way. getting plants out of bags never works perfectly and almost assures root hair damage to some extent..

Lockebox

Lockebox

If your plants are in small bags bags and going into a larger you can just cut an x in the bottom of the bag and plop it in the middle. This also helps to avoid moisture around the stalk when watering. Not sure if I am describing it well either way. getting plants out of bags never works perfectly and almost assures root hair damage to some extent..
I've seen people do this with 3 or 4 pots ending up with wedding cake looking pot towers haha

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter

I've seen people do this with 3 or 4 pots ending up with wedding cake looking pot towers haha

Hmmm, I may do this. So just cut an X at the bottom to open the bottom roots to explore? I assume the sides will eventually get spread out, but do you think it’s losing potential root space and nutrient uptake in certain spots? Just my stoned brain, but maybe I’m overthinking it and the roots will still find a way to the sides of each layer eventually

E

elusiveshame

Hmmm, I may do this. So just cut an X at the bottom to open the bottom roots to explore? I assume the sides will eventually get spread out, but do you think it’s losing potential root space and nutrient uptake in certain spots? Just my stoned brain, but maybe I’m overthinking it and the roots will still find a way to the sides of each layer eventually
The roots will go where the water is, which is why you want to soak your pots from the outside in - so when the inside dries, they continue to seek out water side ways and down.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

You can slice an X at the bottom of your bag and then put some vertical slashes in it from top to bottom and bury it as deep as you want. They will grow like it’s not even there

Homesteader

Homesteader

I guess that may depend on how long you are planning on vegging them for Schiffty but I cut the x and then dig a hole in the larger one and fan out the x (or just cut the entire bottom off if you don't want to reuse) and bury the small pot down about 3/4. You actually gain a little volume I would guess but allows you to keep the stalk dry and water the drip line of the plant instead of the vulnerable to rot base. If you don't bury it though it may become top heavy.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thank you all for that information and I definitely think I’m going to go this route!! I’ll document it when we get to that point and be sure to shout y’all out

Latest posts

Top Bottom