Slow Down Casey Jones 4 x 600W 12 site DWC

• Thread starter Powdery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Powdery

nice! man i cant wait to put my girls into flowering :D

great work.

do you use those nets to keep them growing upwards or what ? never seen that used before :o

I use the cages to keep all the branches separated and also to force branches to grow out instead of up. By opening the branches into the cages it allows lower nodes to grow vertically and become tops instead of popcorn.

Nice work maybe Ill give this DWC a try one day

Thanks GG4LifeB. It has eliminated my veg time not to mention the maintenance is a piece of cake. Just top off with H2o and add nutrients, check pH and ppm...

Got some fresh pictures coming Sunday night.

J

jensen

yeah ok. nice one. how do you make the net stick to the buckets? (im thinking of trying something similar myself)

and one other question, you say just top off with h2o, do you never change out the nute solution / water at all during the grow ?

and, dont you think you loose some yield by eliminating veg time ?

Thanks for answers, Regards from Iceland ;-)

P

Powdery

yeah ok. nice one. how do you make the net stick to the buckets? (im thinking of trying something similar myself)

and one other question, you say just top off with h2o, do you never change out the nute solution / water at all during the grow ?

and, dont you think you loose some yield by eliminating veg time ?

Thanks for answers, Regards from Iceland ;-)

The nets are resting on the ground, they are actually steel cages from the Home-de-pots.

That is correct, I will only change out the water in the system 7 days before harvest...Day 63 or so and will flush for 7 days on RO water and maybe some Botanicare sweet or some Bud Candy although I am partial to Advanced Nutrients and there ridiculously over priced nutes and corporate marketing schemes...

I don't think the yield will suffer.

looks killer bro!!! powdery nugs!

Candy coated in spores for your enjoyment. Thanks man.

P

Powdery

Day 30 Flower

PH 5.3 on the rise... PPM 1100 on the decline...

FloraNova @ 900ppm
Beastie Bloomz @ 200ppm

The ladies are drinking about 15 gallons of water per day. I have been topping off with fresh RO water every day when the lights come on and then measuring the PH and PPM.

When the PPM's are low AFTER top off water is added...I "pour" a little more FLoraNova into the reservoir.

At 21 Days Flower I added 5tsp Beastie Bloomz...1/8 strength

At 28 Days Flower I added 5tsp more Beastie Bloomz...1/8 strength

Every Wednesday I add 500ml of Aquashield

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6104_2.jpg

IMG_6115_2.jpg

IMG_6114_2.jpg

IMG_6103_2.jpg

P

Powdery

Did some training, a few tops were getting close to the lights so I bent them sideways.

Coming into the fifth week of bloom on Sunday.

Day_33_Sideways.jpg
IMG_6126.JPG

P

Powdery

I am going to cut somewhere between 70 and 80 Days. Begin flushing 7 to 9 days before.

P

Powdery

its different waiting for this crop to finish 1.) because it can go sour at any time, pretty exciting 2.) i have so much hope and emotion wrapped up in this system. I see more medicine on 5plants than i usually get in both of my rooms. this system, to me, isnt all about yeild, its more to do with having 5 plants. people debate whether this system is "worth" it or not, personally i dont know how you could put a price tag on your freedom, too bad krusty coined the phrase freedom buckets

MrDizzle, very nice work and solid perspective. I will be adding CalMg tonight... if my tips aren't looking any better

love this grow
love the casey, great job
peace
ez

Thanks man

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
bump your cal to get rid of those burnt looking tips

>>>dizzle that is nutrient tip burn<<<uping calmag is not gonna fix that>>there is no fixing that..His batch of nutes being mixed are to hot for her to handle is all:) That is the limit before leaf curl

nice lil set up ya got going on Powdery
gtd:passingjoint:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Also powdery>>i recommend changing out that nutrient solution once a week mixing up a fresh batch of nutes<<topping off your rez with nutes is not the way to do things<<>>especially in DWC.. If ya cant go 7 days in between reservoir changes than your reservoirs aren't big enough:)

P

Powdery

Greenthumbdanny, I thought it was a bit of nute burn...A few of the fans were barely curling, I figured they were curling a bit to endure the wind, I mean they were slightly arched, the whole leaf that is, not just the tip.

I took the nutes down to 850-900 last night by topping off w/ RO.

Thinking it over with Casey...back to you GTD :passingjoint:

Yup....1100ppm on Day 10, should have stayed closer to 800ppm. The little burnt tips are evident

Day 14 Flower
PH 5.6 PPM 1100

Yesterday I topped off the reservoir and added more FloraNova Bloom.

PH has been steady at 5.6 without the addition of PH down.

IMG_5998.JPG

M

mrdizzle

>>>dizzle that is nutrient tip burn<<<uping calmag is not gonna fix that>>there is no fixing that..His batch of nutes being mixed are to hot for her to handle is all:) That is the limit before leaf curl

nice lil set up ya got going on Powdery

disagree, I ran casey in my MPB at 1600ppm without tip burn, its a cal uptake IMO, plants can mobilize the cal fast enough in RDWC due to rapid growth unlike soil/coco

P

Powdery

I figured every 7 days I have done a water change because if I didn't top off it would go dry in that time.

I also run Aqua Shield, figured that would keep the water more like a fish tank...I have a Reef tank so the water change...beneficial bacteria....sustainable ecosystem is something i feel pretty at home with...not a fan of H2O2.

System is RDWC not DWC... the pump is 600GPH / 12 buckets = 50 GPH give or take. The system has a total volume of about 60 gallons always being mixed and returned to the main reservoir and pumped to the chiller and then "flumed" back into the res.

I am not understanding the purpose of a total system flush especially when I have such a good bacteria culture going in my water, I'm running a chiller and the plants are transpiring 10+ gallons/day. The proof is in the pudding so I'm open for anything that will increase trichome production.

P

Powdery

disagree, I ran casey in my MPB at 1600ppm without tip burn, its a cal uptake IMO, plants can mobilize the cal fast enough in RDWC due to rapid growth unlike soil/coco

Yo, the same time I hit 1100ppm the ladies started to really pick up speed. I think we have a combo situation here.

Added nutrients and growth rate increased but faster than the available CalMg could provide resulting in slightly burnt tips due to either,

1. Too much nutrients,
2. Not enough CalMg,
3. Too much nutients, but not enough CalMg to support the increase in growth

I don't like #3 because FloraNova Bloom has...4% Calcium and 2% Magnesium

NovaBloom_Nutrients.jpg

so the more I add the more CalMg added also, unless it's simply not enough to keep up with the growth rate in comparison to the rate of CalMg uptake via transpiration. quote me if I sound retarded.

Thanks again guys, your rooms are flippin bomb by the way.

P

Powdery

24hrs MrDizzle, if I don't see a change for the better I will dose the CalMg....seems to be the common factor amongst ye all hydro gardners

coloradochem

coloradochem

i have these same probs and never seem to get them balanced out.

Top Bottom