Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The most irritating thing is that I thought I learned from my mistakes my first go around. The only problem is my plants are having the same frackin issue as last time. I really need to figure out the first couple of weeks of this thing out a lot better.

I've had the plants in my system for 12 days and the only thing that's happened is the lose of EVERY single leaf it came with. The only positive is most of the plants have a couple roots but still two have nothing.

Sorry for whinning but sometimes it's so easy to get overwhelmed. I guess the important thing is to look at the positives. Some green returning on stem and some roots are better than nothing.

I would just love to be able to drop the girls in and watch them run. I think the biggest thing I've learned is I need to top feed them for the first couple of weeks. I'm sure the rockwool, which I hate but everyone here uses it for clones, has been drowning the roots. No wonder I have no roots blasting out of control. Why should they go searching for water when they're drowning in it.

Sorry for the rant!

S

Shawnery

I decided to finally measure my lux with a couple different apps for my android phone. My lights at a distance of about 20 inches are putting out 42,000lux. Am I right or wrong in assuming that is a very good number for a novice indoor grow?

The sun at the earths surface registers between 30,000lux and 100,000lux. Maybe the low end of the range but at least I'm in the sun light range.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

I have my water 2 inches under my net pots, and my rockwool is dry and crumbly. The only thing I can see that you've done wrong is, that you pushed your plants to hard to soon, I would not put a plant into flower that had no roots.

S

Shawnery

3 of the plants seem to be really perking up. These 3 are reaching for the light finally after sagging for days. The others are basically still in stand by. Any good news at this point is great news.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for all my babies.

Leew421

Leew421

Those are calcium spots. Just add more calcium. If it was mag there would be a red color to the spots. Don't just add calmag. Get some Epsom salt and calcim separate. You don't always need one or the other and you probably don't need nitrogen either

S

Shawnery

I don't care anymore about who thinks what it is! All I want to know is do you think I should just toss them and start over. Why start over If the same fucking shit will just happen again. I'm so sick of this shit!

You buy a plant from the store all you do is water the piece of shit. Cannabis sucks!

Should I toss them and waste 64 bucks or hold on? They're hardly even growing at this point. They're just sitting there. Not drinking or eating just sitting there!

20180129 110756
20180129 110746
S

Shawnery

To put this into perspective for the, "bad attitude", view of my post.

10 years ago I used to race motorcycles and was in a life threatening accident. Everything besides my leg and arm were broken on my left side. 4 broken vertebrea and detached muscles never fixed. Brain bleed, lung collapsed and many more issues. It took me almost a year to walk again.

I still live in a state of pain that on a scale is 6 to 7 with no relief. My post before isn't personal or a comment on any of you. My post is a symptom of the life I live and at times is a bit hard to deal with. It's hard when the only escape from my own body is sleep and that's it.

Sorry if anyone took it personal!

m8ty

m8ty

Rooting clones only need 50 to 100 watts of light, you might want to put the clones under a dome with a two foot T-5 for 30 days until they have plenty of roots and then move them to the flower room.

Watch this video it will teach you alot.

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

These aren't tiny clones, they're well over 6 weeks old right now.

They had much bigger leaves before but they all died.

S

Shawnery

Honestly,

Would you just start over or would you keep going with these, independent of what you would change in growing environment.

And at what point would I be at the cut and run choice?

No matter my attitude from before the question is an honest concern.

9DRAGONS

9DRAGONS

Don't give up, every problem there is a solution brother. tomorrow is another day, where you can learn something and better the next problem. grow green or grow at home. lol

ok buddy happy growing

i dont know your system, but it looks like some flood and drain system with air stone in the bucket.?

i am told that getting the correct flood level is important . cube not to wet. in fact almost one time. full tide

then low flood a tiny bit.

and a nice temp. can you measure you root cube temp?

what you think?

S

Shawnery

It's in rdwc system. I'm in veg the plants are roughly 6 weeks old I've had them for 2 weeks. I'm planning on getting these plans to 6 feet tall by the time I'm done, or I was planning on it. About a half a week ago is just when the route started showing out of the basket.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I don't want to discourage you, but perhaps RDWC on your first go was a bit too ambitious. You could keep everything the way it is and just swap to coco or soil. From the research I did, with DWC it is a little tricky to get the environment right. And there is so much that can go wrong. Any mistake can quickly lead to plant death. Which is why I didn't want to go that route for my first try. I went with soil. Still had some problems, but much more forgiving. Now I run in coco with an auto watering setup. You can always swap back to DWC after a few soil runs. Just to get a few grows under your belt. Research is great, but nothing replaces actual experience.

Since you asked, if it was me, I would start over in a different medium. Those plants look too far gone to be worth the aggravation to try to save them, if you even could. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Top Bottom