Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The best ones as you can see are starting to bush out instead of growing taller. Each one has 3 or four main stems now that are just as tall or almost as tall as the topped main.

The not so good ones still show no growth from the sprouted nodes. Though each of the saddest looking ones have more roots showing than the bushy ones.

20180202 113937
20180202 113947
20180202 114143
20180202 114245
20180202 114249
Wisher619

Wisher619

The best ones as you can see are starting to bush out instead of growing taller. Each one has 3 or four main stems now that are just as tall or almost as tall as the topped main.

The not so good ones still show no growth from the sprouted nodes. Though each of the saddest looking ones have more roots showing than the bushy ones.
it looks like your plants are getting fried by high ec
all those tips browning out and just sittin in the fryin pan

S

Shawnery

Not trying to argue about strength of solution but the tips are purple not brown. They do look brown on the photo though.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Not trying to argue about strength of solution but the tips are purple not brown. They do look brown on the photo though.
the first 2 photos
every tip of every leaf is burning even the new

cant see the others as they are to blurry

but yes you ec is high
Advanced nutes says you should be running 8ml A/B
that is 4ml A/4ml B per gal

if you are running 3 part it should be 4/4/4 G/M/B

so
I will argue ec
because I can see them being fried for what it is worth
just tryin to help out
as many on here have stated previously....

but you do you brother

hope all goes well

S

Shawnery

I'm lowering it but that is the exact ratio I'm running with advanced nutrients.

It could also be a sign of root rot as well and my temps are on the high side. Though in terms of the roots, that are showing, they appear fine with no smell but I'm still seeing no hairs at all.

I'm at 1200ppm now, after dropping it from 1500, and I'll lower it to about 750ppm by the end of the night. The only concern I have is that the one guy who really understood AN said higher is needed. He also stated that the highest he would go is 1000ppm or 2.0EC. So I'm wondering if I should start there and work my way down?

Is it not possible that the tips are light burn? It only happened a couple days after I lowered the lights.

I just want to make sure everything is considered.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I'm lowering it but that is the exact ratio I'm running with advanced nutrients.

It could also be a sign of root rot as well and my temps are on the high side. Though in terms of the roots, that are showing, they appear fine with no smell but I'm still seeing no hairs at all.

I'm at 1200ppm now, after dropping it from 1500, and I'll lower it to about 750ppm by the end of the night. The only concern I have is that the one guy who really understood AN said higher is needed. He also stated that the highest he would go is 1000ppm or 2.0EC. So I'm wondering if I should start there and work my way down?

Is it not possible that the tips are light burn? It only happened a couple days after I lowered the lights.

I just want to make sure everything is considered.
that was me that understands advanced
but that is still way to high
8ml of A/B gets you 1500ppm
something aint right
4mlA/4ml B should get you something like 650ppm

is there a way you could do an experiment for me since I dont have your nutes on hand...please
get a gal jug and take a pom reading then
add 4ml A and 4ml b
and take another reading and see where it lands
could you please do that for me

only because something just dosnt seem right with the ml and what the ec is coming out to
just talked to a buddy a few hours ago who has been using AN for years
told me in a RDWC you shouldnt be going over 500ppm or around 1.0ec

S

Shawnery

This shits expensive and plus it's three parts and you use them all equally at 4ml per liter.

Here is a picture of the bloom bottle I'm feeding with grow and micro and they're all the same in terms of dosage.

Plus I raised my lights from 24 to 30 so I can control the water temps. We're having some strange warm winter weather and it's raised my temps all around. I definitely need to get a water chiller, more friggen money.

Wisher619

Wisher619

This shits expensive and plus it's three parts and you use them all equally at 4ml per liter.

Here is a picture of the bloom bottle I'm feeding with grow and micro and they're all the same in terms of dosage.

Plus I raised my lights from 24 to 30 so I can control the water temps. We're having some strange warm winter weather and it's raised my temps all around. I definitely need to get a water chiller, more friggen money.
there is your problem right there... clear as day

4ml per liter is death high

that equals 16ml per gal per part
total of 48ml per gal of the 3 part
dude you can spare 4ml per GAL per bottle can't you?
you can add it to the res when you are finished

fuck

it is supposed to be 4ml per gal bro
12ml total
or better yet 1ml per liter

your roots haven't hit the water yet so you use week1 feed until your roots hit and you plant actually grows

if you can get on this sight you should be able to get on advanced sight and use the calculator
keep it on liters for reservoir and type in 4 which is equal to 1 gal
even their own calculator states 4ml per gal

stop reading the bottle and use their tools

your plants are burning it is clear as day

I don't want to see you get frustrated and give up
I want to see you succeed

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Shawnery

as a matter of fact
it clearly states it on your bottle
1ml per liter Cuttings/seedlings

do you not consider those cuttings? def not into week 4 of veg my man

1ml per liter = 4ml per gal
so you should be feeding 12ml per gal of 3 part

S

Shawnery

They were much taller when I first bought them before I topped them. You can clearly see 9n the bottle it says 2ml for 3 to 4 sets of leaves. When I got these they had 6 to 7 nodes.

I talked to two different people at Advanced Nutrients and was told to use full strength when there are that many nodes.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I don't want to start going back and forth again.

Thank you for the info!
I understand but I dont think I am making my self clear

you had "Cuttings"
you could have 25nodes
makes no difference
the size of the roots makes the difference
if you have a 14"tall 20 node cutting with a few tiny white hairs poppin out of a RockWool block....it is a cutting
I just want you to know for future reference

when you get a cutting....it gets 1ml per liter
once the roots hit the water and they actually start to grow....that is when you start to bump the feed

I just dont want to see you get new cuts and the same thing happen

Wisher619

Wisher619

They were much taller when I first bought them before I topped them. You can clearly see 9n the bottle it says 2ml for 3 to 4 sets of leaves. When I got these they had 6 to 7 nodes.

I talked to two different people at Advanced Nutrients and was told to use full strength when there are that many nodes.
what you didn't tell them were they were newly rooted cuttings...not full blown plants

chemistry

chemistry

Two weeks and one day, and still no further, I took cuttings two weeks ago when you started this topic, and they are in their first pots in veg and on nuits. In two more weeks they will be climbing out of the pots. You should listen to Wisher and spin this grow round before your out of pocket and have nothing to show for it, we've all been where you are now, but I listened to the folk using the nuits, not the sellers.
100 7039

S

Shawnery

Halfed it again so know I assume it's around 600ppm but I'm letting it mix before I check it.

Here's s9mething I'm still looking for an answer to.

The three plants that are truly sad have about half the roots as the pic shown above. The 5 plants that are now growing over 8 main stems, maybe part of the problem, and look pretty healthy have ZERO roots.

WHY?!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Halfed it again so know I assume it's around 600ppm but I'm letting it mix before I check it.

Here's s9mething I'm still looking for an answer to.

The three plants that are truly sad have about half the roots as the pic shown above. The 5 plants that are now growing over 8 main stems, maybe part of the problem, and look pretty healthy have ZERO roots.

WHY?!
is there any way to take some pictures with the lid up exposing the roots at all

also
again
could you make a gallon of mix with 4ml grow mico bloom
a total of 12ml
and see where that lands
then you can use that to kinda topfeed your plants little by little until the roots start doing their job

could be the roots that hit the water fried
but the ones that look semi descent....really dont look good at all...a lot of the leaf tips are burnt and the growth looks stunted IMO
when you are using something like peatmoss/soil it creates a buffer between the salts and the roots
when it is water
the roots are exposed to salts directly
which can lead to death quickly

but please make a gal batch with 4/4/4 ml per gal not liter
no it wont go to waste
you will use it throughout the week on your plants before you change out the reservoir for a fresh batch

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

I understand what you mean but the plants that I consider in good condition, considering, have so much growth since the original leaves dropped and I topped it. I get the burnt tips but there is a bunch of new growth. Got to get my positivity from somewhere.

About feeding from the top. The rockwool is wet with the net 2 inches away. Isn't that how the bubbles are supposed to work?

I'm not arguing I'm just discussing!

S

Shawnery

Here's what's funny. My first ppm numbers that everyone said where high and my plants were dying because of it, is What you're ask8ng me to go back to. My plants didn't start growing again until I upped the ppm's.

Though I respect your experience and suggestions, most of which I've followed believe it or not, can you not see how that is truly confusing?!

S

Shawnery

Should I flush the rockwool with plain RO water then feed by hand with 4/4/4? Aren't the nutrients just building up in the rockwool at this point.

Top Bottom