Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bicky studs

bicky studs

black stems :puke2: chalk it up to learning experience and chuck them.
if they do recover it will take ages and probly more probs to come.... setting urself up for :(

so this same problem last time... change it up bro. get some meds in the bank then piss around with ur sytem.

m8ty

m8ty

Exactly!
I don't want to discourage you, but perhaps RDWC on your first go was a bit too ambitious. You could keep everything the way it is and just swap to coco or soil. From the research I did, with DWC it is a little tricky to get the environment right. And there is so much that can go wrong. Any mistake can quickly lead to plant death. Which is why I didn't want to go that route for my first try. I went with soil. Still had some problems, but much more forgiving. Now I run in coco with an auto watering setup. You can always swap back to DWC after a few soil runs. Just to get a few grows under your belt. Research is great, but nothing replaces actual experience.

Since you asked, if it was me, I would start over in a different medium. Those plants look too far gone to be worth the aggravation to try to save them, if you even could. Good luck on whatever you decide.

chemistry

chemistry

To put this into perspective for the, "bad attitude", view of my post.

10 years ago I used to race motorcycles and was in a life threatening accident. Everything besides my leg and arm were broken on my left side. 4 broken vertebrea and detached muscles never fixed. Brain bleed, lung collapsed and many more issues. It took me almost a year to walk again.

I still live in a state of pain that on a scale is 6 to 7 with no relief. My post before isn't personal or a comment on any of you. My post is a symptom of the life I live and at times is a bit hard to deal with. It's hard when the only escape from my own body is sleep and that's it.

Sorry if anyone took it personal!

If they were my plants, I would veg them for month, then put them into flower, at 400ppm, PH around 5.8 to 6.2, and wait a week, but I realise you'll do the opposite, because that's how you roll. :) Good luck with your grow, no matter what you decide.

9DRAGONS

9DRAGONS

I think, Do what you feel is best for you not what people tell you to do.
every one chimes all day. bro its you thing you make the rule.
Good luck with what ever you do.

solution is dont give up

S

Shawnery

Thanks again for the effort.

Strange thing is, I was worried that I was drowning the root system still in the rockwool so I lowered the water level. I did this about a week ago. It was just touching the bottom of the basket ao i dropped it about an inch or two depending on the bucket. Some how the rockwool cubes are still getting drowned by water, very strange.

I hate quiting so much but it would cost me more to save them over a month than it would just to start over. It's a tough choice and I feel day by day I should make it.

Thanks again. It's funny and true that I may not take some advice but there's so many different opinions that I'm sure to follow someones.:D

Wisher619

Wisher619

Thanks again for the effort.

Strange thing is, I was worried that I was drowning the root system still in the rockwool so I lowered the water level. I did this about a week ago. It was just touching the bottom of the basket ao i dropped it about an inch or two depending on the bucket. Some how the rockwool cubes are still getting drowned by water, very strange.

I hate quiting so much but it would cost me more to save them over a month than it would just to start over. It's a tough choice and I feel day by day I should make it.

Thanks again. It's funny and true that I may not take some advice but there's so many different opinions that I'm sure to follow someones.:D
how about this
get some 1/2gal plastic pots
fill them with coco and put these clones in them and sit them in a corner

get some new clones for the system
dump the system and fill back up with 1.5 ec nutrient solution
also feed the clones in coco 1.5 ec nutrient solution once a day
also...how many clones do you have
how much are they a piece

when you do get clones....make sure they are lush and green with bright green stems

if those were something special I would def be able to get them to grow
but if those are just your standard club clone
there are more where that came from

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's funny and true that I may not take some advice but there's so many different opinions that I'm sure to follow someones
:D Good Answer.. You may learn some diplomacy after all :)
Wisher has some good advice! You can get them healthy in coco...
Then IF YOU WANT,
we can look over your setup and maybe get you some new clones in the system, for a second try.. I beleive that your rockwool was drowning out the clones but once that happens its like beating cancer to get them back healthy again.. I have stayed silent so you could get some other opinions...

Hey old codger, Im an old codger too.. And have been compared to Walter the Puppet!!! Right around a half century old. Just so you know we all can somewhat relate in one way or another....
Their is many prisons one can find themselves confined in.. Pain changes a person even when they dont mean for it too.

Just had injection in my second lower vertebra because it slipped forward. I also got previous 2 herniated disc(8 yrs) in my damn neck that has me sleeping on a 80 dollar pillow so i dont get migraines every night. It works great and it fucking sucks to use! But that is life..

I turned 21 in prison doing life without parole!
Ok so i made that last part up :)

My point brother is we are all hurting, some physically, some emotionally, and we were born into a life of slavery to a system that you had no vote on.. Your ass agreed to it by just being born.. Do you got a right to be mad? God Damn right you do!!! But nobody will give a fuck, cause they are to busy being mad too...
OR
You can get some mood rocks and change your vibe to at least """Im motherfucking alive.."""
I can.....
I can.....
I can.....

Maybe some little boy needs inspiration somewhere and your attitude will decide his life,
in just a casual crossing...
Or you could become a really good grower, learn about concentrates, making your own for pain, to get off the govt sponsored drug dealing pain pills. Maybe you will become a Mod one day and show other veterans a new way to battle their pain, their ptsd, manage their life again..

Your story aint over! Mater fact it may have just began................................................................

S

Shawnery

Nice Event! Not even I could miss interpret that great post!

Got some news I left out and totally forgot and is a good added reason to there stunting. A week ago I decided to top them. Considering they were in already bad shape that's going to add some time to their recovery. I'd bet that it's going to take over a week in their current condition to recover just from that choice alone.

Good news is I have four plant that are growing 3 to 4 main stems and non of them are purple at all. Then there's the other half that are just sitting there like twigs.

Something I'm confused over is the plants showing roots are the worse looking and most of the good ones have no roots at all. Is it just a matter of where the plant desires to grow from, not that it grows by design?

I'll keep up for another week and the plants that are still stunted I will remove and replace. I'd keep the broken ones but I like being legal Ang I'm already pushing it with 8 instead of 6 plants.

I'll keep you posted.

Yes I know I shouldn't have topped them in the condition they were in! Lesson learned!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Nice Event! Not even I could miss interpret that great post!

Got some news I left out and totally forgot and is a good added reason to there stunting. A week ago I decided to top them. Considering they were in already bad shape that's going to add some time to their recovery. I'd bet that it's going to take over a week in their current condition to recover just from that choice alone.

Good news is I have four plant that are growing 3 to 4 main stems and non of them are purple at all. Then there's the other half that are just sitting there like twigs.

Something I'm confused over is the plants showing roots are the worse looking and most of the good ones have no roots at all. Is it just a matter of where the plant desires to grow from, not that it grows by design?

I'll keep up for another week and the plants that are still stunted I will remove and replace. I'd keep the broken ones but I like being legal Ang I'm already pushing it with 8 instead of 6 plants.

I'll keep you posted.

Yes I know I shouldn't have topped them in the condition they were in! Lesson learned!
what do the roots look like on those plants?
even if the stems are black
if there are white roots they can live

S

Shawnery

The stems aren't black they're purple. The lighting in the tent with my camera makes it appear MUCH darker. Beyond that every new stem is now green and every new leaf post nutrient increase is completely green.

Just info is all!..

As to the roots.

The ones that are outside of the nets are bright white but not many. I believe this to be from the rockwool being soaked and the roots not needing to search out for water. As for the ones not out of the nets, there are 3 of them, who knows. Like I said though the best looking plants show no roots. The worst looking plants have roots showing though not many. Some roots are slowly starting to grow hair though but not many.

I've started to look at this different though. The 4 plants with 3 to 4 main stems from topping are growing, just not up. In a week they've grown 2 to 4 inches each. That's potentially 10 inches of vertical growth in not able to see.

I'm still VERY concerned with the few that have not shown ANY growth but sprouted leaves in that same time period. The one good thing is the tiny leaves that sprouted on these plants are completely green as well. I need to start looking for the silver lining and realizing the glass is half full instead half empty.

I'm still surprised at how wet the rockwool is getting with the water level so low. It makes it more apparent that I had been drowning the roots if not the stem as well.

I'll keep you guys posted no matter the outcome!

Wisher619

Wisher619

The stems aren't black they're purple. The lighting in the tent with my camera makes it appear MUCH darker. Beyond that every new stem is now green and every new leaf post nutrient increase is completely green.

Just info is all!..

As to the roots.

The ones that are outside of the nets are bright white but not many. I believe this to be from the rockwool being soaked and the roots not needing to search out for water. As for the ones not out of the nets, there are 3 of them, who knows. Like I said though the best looking plants show no roots. The worst looking plants have roots showing though not many. Some roots are slowly starting to grow hair though but not many.

I've started to look at this different though. The 4 plants with 3 to 4 main stems from topping are growing, just not up. In a week they've grown 2 to 4 inches each. That's potentially 10 inches of vertical growth in not able to see.

I'm still VERY concerned with the few that have not shown ANY growth but sprouted leaves in that same time period. The one good thing is the tiny leaves that sprouted on these plants are completely green as well. I need to start looking for the silver lining and realizing the glass is half full instead half empty.

I'm still surprised at how wet the rockwool is getting with the water level so low. It makes it more apparent that I had been drowning the roots if not the stem as well.

I'll keep you guys posted no matter the outcome!
like I said this takes time
this isnt instant growth

and if you strip all the leaves and top them.....you arent gonna see much top growth
what I suggest is watching the roots
if they are nice and white and begin to grow....eventually the top will begin to grow first roots then fruits

and to be honest....I dont think it has anything to do with soaked RW at all
IMO those were to big with to much root mass to have any kind of rooter plug rw drowning....

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

I didn't so much strip the leaves I more or less only removed the necrotic parts until the leaf was 90 percent dead. That's what I had read to do on most grow sites, not forums. I topped them, which I agree was questionable, hoping that having less plant to support might help. I was going to top anyways but hoped it might help even though plants need a few days to recover after.

If I take into consideration the topping things may be better thsn they appear. Some of them have grown the secondary mains so much they are as tall as the main stem. All of that growth happened post topping and post nutrient increase.

S

Shawnery

I know we're kind of all over the place at this point but I like the ideas and concern that is flying about!

Here's another question that could have an impact on the health of my plants.

I forget who stated it now but it was stated that plants will be fine up to a temp of 75 but are you really sure of that? I only ask and doubt because almost everything I read says not to go over 72 and more like not over 68 to be PERFECT.

The problem comes when I try to get my plants closer than 2 feet away from the plants. Once I get within that range the temp spiked up to 74.5. So I ended up raising them back up so it's in the 70 range at the very least.

If I was going to but a cooler for the res what would be a good one? Another question is, do you think it would be cheaper to run a cooler or buy a small fridge to keep the res in. I read about someone doing this and they had great results. For me though it comes down to cost and ease of use though; of course plant life as well.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I know we're kind of all over the place at this point but I like the ideas and concern that is flying about!

Here's another question that could have an impact on the health of my plants.

I forget who stated it now but it was stated that plants will be fine up to a temp of 75 but are you really sure of that? I only ask and doubt because almost everything I read says not to go over 72 and more like not over 68 to be PERFECT.

The problem comes when I try to get my plants closer than 2 feet away from the plants. Once I get within that range the temp spiked up to 74.5. So I ended up raising them back up so it's in the 70 range at the very least.

If I was going to but a cooler for the res what would be a good one? Another question is, do you think it would be cheaper to run a cooler or buy a small fridge to keep the res in. I read about someone doing this and they had great results. For me though it comes down to cost and ease of use though; of course plant life as well.
here is the reality to res temps
which are completely arbitrary and psudoscience when it comes to growing cannabis

there is a very large range of water temps that will sustain a plants life
something like 55f will completely stop your plants from growing and something like 90f will kill your plants

keeping your reservoir within the optimal temp range of 63-72f is do to one thing
keeping DO *Dissolved Oxygen* at optimal levels and keeping pathogens in check
as temps rise it become optimal for pathogens to grow...as DO decreases.....
since you are pumping air into your system you dont have to worry to much about that

another factor is ph and ec
as temps rise and so do ph and ec swings
also it will determine the uptake of nutrients and water and how fast
so a temp range between 63-72f has been found to be "optimal" but there is a larger variation when you really look at and determine every factor in your setup

S

Shawnery

I replaced a bit more than half of the solution with plain RO water and a dose of calmag. I dropped the solution from 1515ppm, that was with their dosage chart, to 1115ppm. I also lowered the water level to just at or just below 2". It seemed that the rockwool was still getting to wet. I'm hoping that lowering the water a little more will help that.

Let you know how they respond.

S

Shawnery

Not sure if www.growweedeasy.com is a good site full of useful information but I find myself reading it often.

I was reading about problems caused by overwatering and every symptom I had or have can be attributed to such.

Overwatering can cause red or purple stems or leaves - check, nutrient deficiency or appearance of deficiencies - check, cupping or wilting - check, slow growth - check, brown or burnt spots - check and drink much less water - check!

The odds are I did have a number of deficiencies but not only were they caused by a lack of understanding of my nutes but probably more so my overwatering.

Hopefully I can get them all back to good health but we will see. I knew i should have hand feed them for the first week or two but just didn't do it. I think that choice more than any other has caused the issue I now deal with.

The unfortunate thing is I most likely just totally forgot to do it. I have incredibly bad memory issues from my subdermal hematoma. I need to figure out a way to remember these very important factors.

I'm going to start by getting a dry erase board for the grow room wall and have a check list and memory list.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Not sure if www.growweedeasy.com is a good site full of useful information but I find myself reading it often.

I was reading about problems caused by overwatering and every symptom I had or have can be attributed to such.

Overwatering can cause red or purple stems or leaves - check, nutrient deficiency or appearance of deficiencies - check, cupping or wilting - check, slow growth - check, brown or burnt spots - check and drink much less water - check!

The odds are I did have a number of deficiencies but not only were they caused by a lack of understanding of my nutes but probably more so my overwatering.

Hopefully I can get them all back to good health but we will see. I knew i should have hand feed them for the first week or two but just didn't do it. I think that choice more than any other has caused the issue I now deal with.

The unfortunate thing is I most likely just totally forgot to do it. I have incredibly bad memory issues from my subdermal hematoma. I need to figure out a way to remember these very important factors.

I'm going to start by getting a dry erase board for the grow room wall and have a check list and memory list.
extensive notes is key to success

Top Bottom