Spider Farmer LED Grow

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
The dimmer knob keeps trying to distract me from those chintzy cable hangers on the corners and how they sacrifice head room for dead space 🙃

I've seen your work and trust me you're qualified to test beans for any breeder. Lots of people with little to no experience get in on it. I've done it a few times mostly with Bodhi, Barneys Farm, and private breeders trying to make a name for themselves. Once for Greenpoint too and that was probably my best experience at testing. Bodhi publishes lists from time to time and for Greenpoint all it takes is to get on his email list then when he has something ot test he emails people on the list.
To me testing was fun and cool at first but after a while I got to the point where my room should be for me and nobody else unless it was a strain or cross already on my radar.
All it takes is one bad experience to turn me off. I grew a cut, it was trash and had a mutation in the genetics but the breeder still put it out to market. After that I was like "what's the point in testing if they still put the crap to market anyways?"
These days I breed my own and test my own and could'nt be happier about it.😋

I also really enjoyed and have much respect for your comment about US made LED lights as it's how I feel too. Been there and done that with the Chinese lights and it's not fun.
I've bought into USA made for several years now and two of the better companies, Fluence and Illumitex are in my hometown. Yeah there's some pride in knowing some lights I have put food on the table of my neighbors and there's something cool about checking out some R&D a mere bike ride away. And yeah they cost much more than something out of Shenzen. But what's really cool is some lights I bought in 2012 are still kicking ass today and work like new. Lights I have made in California are on their 5th year with no sign of decline either. Cant say that about a lot of the Chinese stuff ✌
Hello, if you have any idea, you can share it. 🤔

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Man if this is what a SF can do. Shit imagine what a high end LED can do.
Haha. Maybe SF is shit to you guys, I must have my beer goggles on looking at my buds cause I’m in love. I’d love to try another higher end light that will get me better results.

There's not a huge difference actually, the spiders are lacking the proper UV I believe, but I've used most all types of lights, double ended fixtures, $2K Black Dog panels, and now BestVA 4000's, and some of the inexpensive lights produce some excellent results. Nothing "cheap" about it.

Don't let some cannabis snob convince you otherwise.

IMG 20200715 183326 1   Copy
IMG 20200715 183331 1   Copy
matthewearl

matthewearl

If you want proper results in a 4x4 you need to use the 3000 panel and the 2000 panel to cover the entire tent. I use this setup in half my 8x4 and the other half is cobs. I have two huge problems with SF. The dimmer is extremely inconvenient to change as you have to remove the driver off the panel and flip it over. Second, the drivers cannot be mounted remotely outside the tent. The amount of money I have invested into SF products I could have just bought an ROI E680 and been done with it. The results were decent. The colas were 6 to 8 inches wide. REMEMBER, to get good results, you need to master your techniques first. A light is helpful but knowing what you can grow and how to grow under your current environment is much more important.

IMG 1615
IMG 1606
IMG 1627

Devlin1242

Devlin1242

Imo the heatsinks are different I can't say they are lower quality and I may be wrong but I doubt they are higher quality.

If ya have the $$$ go with hlg if your looking for a competitive budget option this is a good one.

Again just my opinion but I have not run any SF lights. I'm in the market so maybe I'll pick on up and do a side by side vs my hlg. I don't think there will be much difference in terms of growth bit Indo feel possibly in life of the product.

@SpiderFarmerLED what's a 600w run cost wise?
The mean well drives on the spider farmer actually can be unattached from the light itself and placed outside the tent to help lower or keep a certain temperature. Seems to help greatly and my yields have been quite excellent

Sarasotared

Sarasotared

Running my sf 2000 in 2×4 grow room. It has produced amazingly this far. I ran autos 1st .I Want to see how it does with photoperiods. Very excited to see run results. I'm definitely an enthused newbie and looking to be seasoned. My starter was SF 2000. We shall see?

Glassdub

Glassdub

How long do you need?
Just outside the tent, I guess I didn't understand the way the cable connects to light panel, thought it just screwed in, just looked now, with the light on I can't see how its wired in, will have to look at the new one when I get it in today.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Running my sf 2000 in 2×4 grow room. It has produced amazingly this far. I ran autos 1st .I Want to see how it does with photoperiods. Very excited to see run results. I'm definitely an enthused newbie and looking to be seasoned. My starter was SF 2000. We shall see?

Show your grow... :)

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Will do as soon as works done. These Strawberry cheese are amazing and my NL is gorgeous. Definitely want to share. Ty will do
Whoooooot! Show that grow :D If they are gorgeous, then we want to see. If they are sick, then we will help. But don't tell us show and not show us shit. Brah... wth

Glassdub

Glassdub

Thanks Aqua Man. I might just sell instead of cutting into them.
Yeah, it involves resoldering the power wires onto the light board, most likely voiding the warranty, I'm not at all comfortable/won't be doing this.
I'm alright with heat right now, perhaps with 2 more so but this is not really a viable option for me.

Top Bottom