Spider Farmer LED Grow

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
She thought it was food hahaha but she gets her green medication in her food bowl every night so I guess she is doing doggie quality control . 😜

Awesome pic! Spider should pay you for the rights or comp you some lights for the rights to use that pic in their ads. I could spin the SHIT out of that on Instagram and FB talking about tomatoes peppers and basil...

My wife and I have a small dog rescue. We have 9 that are not placeable (age, aggression, weird behavior). And so they are our little dysfunctional furry family :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Awesome pic! Spider should pay you for the rights or comp you some lights for the rights to use that pic in their ads. I could spin the SHIT out of that on Instagram and FB talking about tomatoes peppers and basil...

My wife and I have a small dog rescue. We have 9 that are not placeable (age, aggression, weird behavior). And so they are our little dysfunctional furry family :)
They sent me the light to do a review on free I haven’t got instagram or FB only this platform should I get a Instagram account ?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
They sent me the light to do a review on free I haven’t got instagram or FB only this platform should I get a Instagram account ?
You should definitely get an IG... It will expand your reach. And damn with respect to light! That's freaking awesome! I hope one day I have enough cred for light and strain reviews. I'd LOVE to run beans like that!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You should definitely get an IG... It will expand your reach. And damn with respect to light! That's freaking awesome! I hope one day I have enough cred for light and strain reviews. I'd LOVE to run beans like that!
Thanks mate is there a section of IG that is weed only related ?

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

Shit, I'm using a SF 2000 in a 48"x36"x72" tent was told by them this would cover, didn't/don't want to go bigger because I don't want to pay for the power, I'm essentially just a hobby grower on a budget, doing ok I guess.
A suggestion...trim those plants. Remove many, if not all, the large fan leaves. Helps w/light penetration to lower plant. Maybe even lower light a couple of inches. Would radically increase ya yield. Just a thought. Nice plants. Cheers.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The 2 largest are my Strawberry cheesecake from seedsman.com A promotional strain. The NL is a photoperiod and she's on a 12 and 12 . I've been struggling with calmag deficiencies from the jump. Ph every feed and check my ppms. My soil is a mix of peat and MG organic. But my circumstances are my biggest challenges. Imagine an rh of 93 freaking nuts. But I am A 1ST time and having a blast
Looks good I am challenged with the same rh issues , it’s summer now been 90-100 degrees and rains everyday I’m in the sunshine state, looks like maybe we are neighbors ? Lmao
I’ve grown out the cheesecake from seedsman 2-3 times now

Glassdub

Glassdub

A suggestion...trim those plants. Remove many, if not all, the large fan leaves. Helps w/light penetration to lower plant. Maybe even lower light a couple of inches. Would radically increase ya yield. Just a thought. Nice plants. Cheers.
That pic is kinda old at this point, I'm trimming as I go, here & there, its been suggested to me not to cut more than 3 fans at a time to reduce stress but I tend to use my intuition.
Lights are presently at about "13.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
That pic is kinda old at this point, I'm trimming as I go, here & there, its been suggested to me not to cut more than 3 fans at a time to reduce stress but I tend to use my intuition.
Lights are presently at about "13.
Yeah well hey dude :) How's it going? Dont believe everything you hear. You can take a sea of green and turn it into a sea of bud. This thing was completely defoliated of all fan leaves right before the beginning of flowering. The bud density is coming right along.

20200725 140520

You can turn the boogers into bud bearing 2D apiary style mini pieces of art (this one just started its flowering cycle). It will end up with 6 side shoot buds and one mini cola when it's done lol :D

20200725 140622

And you can turn them into true bonsai momma clone machines that will put out for you for years.

20200725 140718

Experiment. See what works best for you. I have completely defoliated entire plants of their fans in one shot. They might pause for a day or two. But then they SURGE and it's a cool thing to see. That bonsai in the back had everything except for the top growth shoots removed 2 weeks ago. And all but 3 of those got Fim'd. Now look at that freaking bush lol :))) The one in front is coming through a transplant into 3 inches of soil It lost 8 inches or so of tap root. Now that will kick a plant's nuts into its throat. The remaining roots were either trimmed off completely or trimmed to the sides of the container or so and moved... sideways. This forces sideways root growth and limits the height of the plant. Bonsai 101. Works on cannabis too.

Look I'm not a "plant master" or anything and I don't know 1/3 of everything. But I can testify to the fact that cannabis is not a frail weak little flower. And that growing principles for pruning "sucker branches" off of tomato plants works here too. Just like bonsai techniques, cloning, grafting and a whole bunch of other cool shit that has been going on outside of pot for a long long time.

Sometimes people get so serious. The technicalities, minimums and maximums are important as hell. Different watering techniques and things that provide a near perfect environment and 100% of the plant's requirements... equally important. Beyond that? The plant is a beast. Don't be afraid to upset its delicate sensibilities. Because even when you do? You can always kiss it and make it better. No shit. Well metaphorically. It's hard to kill 'em. Almost easier to bring them back.

Gonna go burn one with the wife unit. Hope this helps in some sort of vague way.

Last edited:

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Ok well I have received a SF2000 to run 4 plants in a 3x3x6 tent I will start my review in saying the packaging was great well secure for shipping which for me is a plus I’ve had stuff sent from other hydro suppliers badly packaged . I’ll be running 4 sStrawberry Cough clones that have struck roots last week and are ready to jump right in and get to growing , I’m not going to sugar coat anything or brain wash you. I will do a grow diary to record unbiasedly the results with twice a week report . Regards OD @SpiderFarmerLED SF2000 .

Cool!!! Can not wait!!!!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I really hate removing green leaves, but I do obviously "get it" in this obvious situation, (trying to wrap my head around it) crowded as things look. I just try and let them naturally defoliate themselves and removed them as they fall off.

What are the schools of thought on this subject?

Glassdub

Glassdub

I really hate removing green leaves, but I do obviously "get it" in this obvious situation, (trying to wrap my head around it) crowded as things look. I just try and let them naturally defoliate themselves and removed them as they fall off.

What are the schools of thought on this subject?
I know there are two 😄 🤷‍♂️.
I just try to remove anything blocking developing buds &/or restricting air flow, personally I'm not really fond of bald plants & have never done, or have interest in bonsai manipulation so I just attempt to balance it, I wish my tomatoes got half the care, I didn't even bottom trim this year & they are taking over my backyard, not enough time in the world.⌛
20200726 180907

Gellyman

Gellyman

Imo the heatsinks are different I can't say they are lower quality and I may be wrong but I doubt they are higher quality.

If ya have the $$$ go with hlg if your looking for a competitive budget option this is a good one.

Again just my opinion but I have not run any SF lights. I'm in the market so maybe I'll pick on up and do a side by side vs my hlg. I don't think there will be much difference in terms of growth bit Indo feel possibly in life of the product.

@SpiderFarmerLED what's a 600w run cost wise?
Try growers choice

Latest posts

Top Bottom