Spider Farmer SF1000 LED Grow!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Ok that picture really doesn't matter, I'm working on another one that actually applies to the argument.

If you really want me to explain it to you, then I will after but it doesn't apply to the argument.
I know it does not, why do you think I asked. Looks like you are just trying to argue and I was just trying to explain to you how electricity and electric terms work, but you keep trying to throw things that do not apply into the mix.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The LEDs require 2.5v again.
Light 1: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 50mA per LED
Light 2: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 100mA per LED
Light 1 is more efficient (therefor produces more light and less heat) than light 2 because the less amperage you run through an LED, the more efficient it is.

Again, I'm going to delete this after you see it because I don't want it on my profile.

Understand what I'm saying now?

Anthem

Anthem

Light 1 is more efficient (therefor produces more light and less heat) than light 2 because the less amperage you run through an LED, the more efficient it is.
View attachment 1079594
Again, I'm going to delete this after you see it because I don't want it on my profile.

before you delete look at your numbers. They are incorrect.

Anthem

Anthem

What you can say is that circuit one has 4 led's and circuit 2 has 2 leds. But that is a circuit and not an Light Emitting Diode.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
When I said light, I meant circuit:
Circuit 1: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 50mA per LED
Circuit 2: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 100mA per LED
Circuit 1 is more efficient (therefor produces more light and less heat) than circuit 2 because the less amperage you run through an LED, the more efficient it is.

Anthem

Anthem

When I said light, I meant circuit:
Circuit 1: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 50mA per LED
Circuit 2: 2.5v and 200mA (0.5w) 100mA per LED
Circuit 1 is more efficient (therefor produces more light and less heat) than circuit 2 because the less amperage you run through an LED, the more efficient it is.
How much more efficient?
Now you are getting into British Thermal Units and Heat Sinks.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How much more efficient?
Now you are getting into British Thermal Units and Heat Sinks.
I'm not sure how much more efficient but even if it was a small difference, there are hundreds of LEDs on those boards so it would add up.

So you agree that 2 lights that both use the same diodes (but not necessarily the same number of them) with the same wattage can output different amounts of light?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Btw, I stated in my first post that you disagreed with, that a light's heat sink matters.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm not sure how much more efficient but even if it was a small difference, there are hundreds of LEDs on those boards so it would add up.

So you agree that 2 lights that both use the same diodes (but not necessarily the same number of them) with the same wattage can output different amounts of light?
I do not agree with you what are trying to prove for a few reasons. MiMed was stating the same wattage for all fixtures and you morphed that into a statement that was did not take that into considerations. Secondly, MiMed stated same "range". Which is the difference between the highest and the lowest values in a set. Interval (mathematics), also called range, a set of real numbers that includes all numbers between any two numbers in the set. (per Google). Additionally, you stated in your next comment something that was already stated, you tried to say the difference between 75 watts and 125 watts. Which was the whole reason I asked you to read the post again before commenting it was not true. Furthermore, please brush up on your basic understanding of electricity because some of the ways you have tried to argue points does not apply and are unfounded to the conversation. Lastly the difference is minimal based on the quantity of LED's onboard each fixture.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I do not agree with you what are trying to prove for a few reasons. MiMed was stating the same wattage for all fixtures and you morphed that into a statement that was did not take that into considerations. Secondly, MiMed stated same "range". Which is the difference between the highest and the lowest values in a set. Interval (mathematics), also called range, a set of real numbers that includes all numbers between any two numbers in the set. (per Google). Additionally, you stated in your next comment something that was already stated, you tried to say the difference between 75 watts and 125 watts. Which was the whole reason I asked you to read the post again before commenting it was not true. Furthermore, please brush up on your basic understanding of electricity because some of the ways you have tried to argue points does not apply and are unfounded to the conversation. Lastly the difference is minimal based on the quantity of LED's onboard each fixture.
First of all, light one and light 2 both have the same wattage but one has a higher light output.
Second, are you saying that all of those lights will have the same ppf?

Anthem

Anthem

First of all, light one and light 2 both have the same wattage but one has a higher light output.
Second, are you saying that all of those lights will have the same ppf?
I do not agree with your thinking period. You are trying to manipulate the information to suite your opinions. I do not agree with that form of conversation. I do see how you have completely glazed over what I said in an attempt to achieve your goals and I am privy to your type of behavior. It has no place in the community or on this forum.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I do not agree with your thinking period. You are trying to manipulate the information to suite your opinions. I do not agree with that form of conversation. I do see how you have completely glazed over what I said in an attempt to achieve your goals and I am privy to your type of behavior. It has no place in the community or on this forum.
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Mimed said the lights will have the same output because they all have the same type of LED and the same wattage. I said no they won't because they have different amperages and you said no. What's wrong with what I said?

Anthem

Anthem

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Mimed said the lights will have the same output because they all have the same type of LED and the same wattage. I said no they won't because they have different amperages and you said no. What's wrong with what I said?
Watts divided by volts equals Amps. What part of this do you not understand. Watts and Amps for the use of measuring the power draw are both the same.
1200 watts divided by 120 volts = 10 Amps.
10 amps times 120 volts = 1200 watts.
I think we have been over this several times.
Does it make sense to you at this point?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Watts divided by volts equals Amps. What part of this do you not understand. Watts and Amps for the use of measuring the power draw are both the same.
1200 watts divided by 120 volts = 10 Amps.
10 amps times 120 volts = 1200 watts.
I think we have been over this several times.
Does it make sense to you at this point?
Yes I understand that but where does he specify volts. He only talks about watts. Not amps. Not volts. He said they all have the same diodes (which they don't but that's just going to confuse things even more) but to find you the voltage from that, you'd need to know how many LEDs there are on the QB.

Anthem

Anthem

Yes I understand that but where does he specify volts. He only talks about watts. Not amps. Not volts. He said they all have the same diodes (which they don't but that's just going to confuse things even more) but to find you the voltage from that, you'd need to know how many LEDs there are on the QB.
Please reread post #58. We have already established the volts.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Volts in the example provided by Mimed is referring to at the wall, which goes into the driver and sends out volts to the LED's.
As we already talked about, the light doesn't use all the volts it gets from the wall. Some lights use 12, some lights use 10, some lights use 54... but the wall always puts out 120v in north America. Wall volts don't mean anything.

The amount of volts consumed by the LEDs are the amount that the driver sends to them. That's pretty simple.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ok, I'm done with this. Let's just agree to disagree. Thank you.

Anthem

Anthem

As we already talked about, the light doesn't use all the volts it gets from the wall. Some lights use 12, some lights use 10, some lights use 54... but the wall always puts out 120v in north America. Wall volts don't mean anything.

The amount of volts consumed by the LEDs are the amount that the driver sends to them. That's pretty simple.
You really need to get an understanding of electrical because your comments / arguments do not make sense.
Wall volts do not just come in 120 volts, they also come in the following voltages, 240, 277 & 480. Ever single load factor for the LED Grow light is based on these numbers. What the fixture drops the voltage to is not part of the discussion.
examples
What do you need to understand this?

Anthem

Anthem

Ok, I'm done with this. Let's just agree to disagree. Thank you.
No disagreement, you just lack a basic understanding of electrical, volts, watts, amps and I guess I better add alternating and direct current. Look up Nichole Tesla and Ben Franklin great story about AC/DC power. Tesla had it right but old Ben screwed him pretty hard. Ben had the first person executed using AC power to prove to the world how unsafe it was. He was in favor of DC power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom