Strain names.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

What would one name his cannabis then?? Cant use anything with candy names or food names or drink names or odd names or....... ect if we cant name it what we want then it’s not a free country any more. Once it goes federally legal the market will change dramatically. Big corporations will take over and it will be industrialized. It will be a change I don’t think any of us are ready for.

You can name it whatever you want. Other people dont have to like it.

BigCube

BigCube

WHAT I had some cotton candy kush in Cali a few years back, best smoke I’ve ever had. Hands down. And I’ve been doing this over 25 years . Just goes to show ya it’s not all about the names 👍

Subjective. I've tried cotton candy kush. It was average. From What I've been seeing, us dispensaries have a hard time getting good stuff. When they get it, it doesn't last long. Here in Vancouver, all we get is top shelf stuff. Just because I dont buy stupidly named stuff doesn't mean I've never smoked it.

I can tell you in all honesty, I've not smoked anything in the last 10 years that is any better than the stuff I smoked and grew 10 years ago.

Here in Vancouver, we've had that top shelf stuff for 20+ years. Nothing new under the sun man. None of the new shit is any better than the old shit. None of it is different in any way.

My dad got busted growing 25 years ago. The lab report said it was 24% thc.
That was 25 years ago. The shit I was growing 20 years ago is just as good as anything you could find now.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Subjective. I've tried cotton candy kush. It was average. From What I've been seeing, us dispensaries have a hard time getting good stuff. When they get it, it doesn't last long. Here in Vancouver, all we get is top shelf stuff. Just because I dont buy stupidly named stuff doesn't mean I've never smoked it.

I can tell you in all honesty, I've not smoked anything in the last 10 years that is any better than the stuff I smoked and grew 10 years ago.

Here in Vancouver, we've had that top shelf stuff for 20+ years. Nothing new under the sun man. None of the new shit is any better than the old shit. None of it is different in any way.

My dad got busted growing 25 years ago. The lab report said it was 24% thc.
That was 25 years ago. The shit I was growing 20 years ago is just as good as anything you could find now.

How did he get caught? Just curious...

BigCube

BigCube

How did he get caught? Just curious...

Neighbor complained about the smell. Lol he's to cheap to buy filters or anything. Was 2 out of 3 rooms in the house.

By busted I mean he got like 18 months probation. Lol we've never been hard on cannabis here.

Seraphine

Seraphine

It is a pretty distinct smell. Well american laws on drugs (especially cannabis) are very racially motivated. A lot of states are now decriminalizing cannabis related offenses and are now recognizing the disproportionate number of arrests based on race. It’s interesting though that the more racist states have not budged on decriminalizing cannabis offenses.

BigCube

BigCube

It is a pretty distinct smell. Well american laws on drugs (especially cannabis) are very racially motivated. A lot of states are now decriminalizing cannabis related offenses and are now recognizing the disproportionate number of arrests based on race. It’s interesting though that the more racist states have not budged on decriminalizing cannabis offenses.

Yeah go figure. I will never understand the whole race thing. Growing up here in Canada the idea of being a racist make no sense. Guess that's what you get for growing up in a multicultural country lol.

Its frustrating to see those stats you're talking about. I just can't get my head around how its persisted so long. ☹

Seraphine

Seraphine

Yeah go figure. I will never understand the whole race thing. Growing up here in Canada the idea of being a racist make no sense. Guess that's what you get for growing up in a multicultural country lol.

Its frustrating to see those stats you're talking about. I just can't get my head around how its persisted so long. ☹

Racism runs so very deep in many areas. Hate is taught and passed down from generation to generation. I once dated a guy who rode a motorcycle and he liked to ride in the southern part of my state. He told me it wasn’t safe to ride with me on the back of his bike through this one area because I was too “dark.” WTF! We had to take a detour around that town. I’m italian, Greek, Spanish, Irish, middle eastern with a little more mixed in there. I guess if you’re Caucasian but don’t look Caucasian, you’re still fucked.

BigCube

BigCube

Racism runs so very deep in many areas. Hate is taught and passed down from generation to generation. I once dated a guy who rode a motorcycle and he liked to ride in the southern part of my state. He told me it wasn’t safe to ride with me on the back of his bike through this one area because I was too “dark.” WTF! We had to take a detour around that town. I’m italian, Greek, Spanish, Irish, middle eastern with a little more mixed in there. I guess if you’re Caucasian but don’t look Caucasian, you’re still fucked.

Yeah I lived I Texas for a while. I am also Italian. So in the Texas sun I turn real dark. I would get people yelling at me in traffic calling me the derogatory term for a Mexican. I have like baby blue eyes lol. And a Canadian accent. I just laughed it off cause Ive obviously never really suffered any real racial discrimination, it didn't bother me. But I couldn't imagine having to deal with that my entire life.

I'll admit it. I'm a privileged white(ish) Male. Living in Vancouver Canada. Can't get much more privileged really. Lol. But here in Vancouver, people are people. I will never understand what it means, or how it feels to be racially profiled. But I can imagine it is one of the worst things in the world to live with.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Especially in southern Ontario it’s so multicultural

Mattyice

Mattyice

Got to disagree with ya Big. I know for a fact that some of the new strains coming out are crazy high in potency. 25 years ago the thc levels were much lower than today’s cannabis. Plus the genetics are changing, high bred, cross strain, the development of cannabis is increasing daily. And trust me I know what TOP shelf cannabis is .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

You should try living in Nova Scotia. Racism is alive and well on the east coast. The town I grew up in, all the black people who lived there lived on one road the locals called ni**er hill. In the not too distant past a black family moved to the north end of town which was exclusively white and the residents burned down their house.

The racism, bigotry and homophobia there certainly helped to nudge me out to the other coast.

BigCube

BigCube

Got to disagree with ya Big. I know for a fact that some of the new strains coming out are crazy high in potency. 25 years ago the thc levels were much lower than today’s cannabis. Plus the genetics are changing, high bred, cross strain, the development of cannabis is increasing daily. And trust me I know what TOP shelf cannabis is .

Nope. Not true. It hasn't changed. Maybe where you are. But not here.

BigCube

BigCube

You should try living in Nova Scotia. Racism is alive and well on the east coast. The town I grew up in, all the black people who lived there lived on one road the locals called ni**er hill. In the not too distant past a black family moved to the north end of town which was exclusively white and the residents burned down their house.

The racism, bigotry and homophobia there certainly helped to nudge me out to the other coast.

Wow I had no idea ☹
Guess us Canadians are shitty too.

Mattyice

Mattyice

Are you high Big. What part of the world are you living in the thc levels have increased along with the quality and flavor. But ooook whatever ya say 🤨

Helpnvets

Helpnvets

Anyone else sick of the childish, idiotic and cringe worthy names people have been naming their strains in the last few years?

So all you breeders know. I'm never going to buy or grow anything with a stupid name. Your stuff isn't any better than anything else out there with a normal name, and the stupid names you give your strain will be its downfall.

Everyone I've talked to in person over the age of 20 agrees. What do you guys think?
If I was to end up with something that had a stupid name, I'd just lie and tell people it was something else. Seriously embarrassing some of these names. Makes you feel like a child, just saying it drops your IQ 50 points.
Well coming from "Old School"!
It's FRICKING REDICKALS the name game has generated. Kush is exactly Kush, Creating a new name so YOU think you are cool is STUPID!
L8r Helpnvets

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Are you high Big. What part of the world are you living in the thc levels have increased along with the quality and flavor. But ooook whatever ya say 🤨
Dude flower caps at a certain amount if he said the lab tested 24 percent that’s close to 34% percent cap. Canada has been home growing some of the best weed since ever it’s normal to have a plant or two in your back yard, you Live in the states mate not the whole world

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I'm with BigCube on this. Back in the 90's-2000's the lower mainland BC had bud that was easily as good or better than what you see around today. The purps, hash plant, double-0, Champagne, Dutch treat, shiskaberry, purple pink and bubba kush, quality that I havent really seen in 15 years honestly.

Sadly most of the strains that dominated back then were lost when all the main breeding and clone facilities out in maple ridge got busted in 2005.

BigCube

BigCube

Take for example any random strain from back then. We will go with northern lights. The strain has been around since the early 80s. It's the exact same strain. Hasn't changed. They advertise it now as 33% thc. Genetically it's the exact same. Even the nutrients are the exact same, the lights, the times the pumps everything is still the exact same.

It didn't just all of the sudden jump up 10% in thc content. I smoked northern lights 25 years ago and I smoked it yesterday. It's the exact same.

A plant isn't going to all of the sudden get more THC just because 20 years has passed. Or because you bread it with some other plant when its thc content hasn't changed either. That's not how breeding works.

Its like trying to tell me, you can get a lion by breeding the right house cats. You just can't. The genome has to be there in order for it to be passed along.

Anyways. Since people have been using hydroponics, the shit is as strong as its gonna get. There is nothing new that would possibly change that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom