Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Double Kindness

My partner DIY a unit that basically seems to do what this does. We're located in Colorado and are mmj legal farmers. I posted a thread with pictured etc in this forum. We're thinking of making more of them, but ours is way heavier than this unit, and the bottom of our recovery chamber where the oil is at is clamped and easy to scrape the oil off the bottom plate and the stainless steel rung.

I have found that it only takes 2 hours from beginning turning on my extractor, to the time I have nicely purged oil ready to smoke. I can bang out running 6-12 lbs of material a day and maybe lose a total of one can of vector butane. The vacuum pump and butane recovery tank in my system are fast, efficient, and I have been getting great quality of oil and yield as well as recovering and able to re-use my butane over and over. About every 8-10 runs I do add a little more butane to my tank, but not much, where I would blow through a case of vector so quickly, I'm still on my 4-5 original cans I initially put into the recovery system.

I played around with the idea of using different solvents etc, but went back to butane, and I was thrilled with my first extractor, until the amount of butane I was going through was getting ridiculous, my trash cans were filled with empty cans of butane week after week... even though I'm legal state and legal.

I'm for anything that saves me time, labor, money and resources. My partner is working on making me more different sized tubes for the plant matter, and then making more of our extractors, as there does seem to be a need for them, but I don't know if we're going to market them, as I'm already spread pretty thin with everything, and milling and welding all the pieces etc is extremely labor intensive... and yeah stainless steel isn't that cheap anymore, even at the scrapyards, and I would say my unit is also significantly heavier in weight, then again, my unit was a DIY prototype, made in the garage.

I can see why these are a bit spendy, as I know what all it took and what went into my unit, even as DIY it was a bit pricey, but well worth it in what I save on butane and labor, and that my unit only takes 2 hours from turning it on to having a big batch of nicely purged oil to smoke.

twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Sweet. I have seen these around once before but forgot about it untill a couple of days ago, finding it again. I JUST bought extraction tubes too, lol but I can think of so many things to do with this.

ATM I am sitting here in amazement at the taste of my fresh durban finger hash. Pure gasoline flavor. I will have to settle on tubes this time but I have to get one of these soon. :) Dry Dry Dry fast!

C

Codisious

Hello,

MTgrower was wondering if you could PM me your email or something as I have some questions about the Tamisium you might be willing to help me with? (because i am such a new user i cannot PM anyone other than administrators)

Thank you,
Codisious

M

marauder

How long does an extraction take from start to finish including recovery of the butane? Can you actually store the recovered butane indefinitely for reuse in future extractions? Thank you!

M

MTgrower

Hello guys,

Sorry I have not answered any questions or posted any pics. Also sorry for removing all my photos. My lawyer made me feel like a real idiot for even being a member at these type of forums, let alone posting photos.

Anyhow, whatever damage I've done to myself has been done, but I won't be posting any more photos or discussing much of anything.

Hopefully I won't end up in prison.

Sorry I can't be helpful with questions about the Tamisium. The owner can explain any questions you have better than I could. Obviously don't tell him you are using it to make marijuana extracts. Just say you are experimenting with various herbs for various applications. Don't mention weed.

T

treehugger

Hello guys,

Sorry I have not answered any questions or posted any pics. Also sorry for removing all my photos. My lawyer made me feel like a real idiot for even being a member at these type of forums, let alone posting photos.

Anyhow, whatever damage I've done to myself has been done, but I won't be posting any more photos or discussing much of anything.

Hopefully I won't end up in prison.

Damn lawyers and the facts... lol

C

Codisious

Trim & Shake or Whole Buds/Nugs?

Hey Farmers,

Was wondering what you guys use mostly when you load the extractor. Also, does this change yield & quality to a noticeable extent?

Thanks,
Codisious

A

AvaJoe

changed my mind
no lurker comments needed
sorry for the bump:fighting0085:

S

supercritical

Watch the animated video on tamisiumextractors.com. It explains how the unit assembles and disassembles. Under "How it Works" link.
Also there are demo videos on youtube under tamisium extractors. 3 of them.
If anyone has any questions you can call the customer service number 817-726-7525.
The C. Gold Cup was won using a TE700 Tamisium Extractor and using trim.
The best oils are the ones that contain the active components needed. That is not always from flowers. The body will break down and render useless pure chemicals most of the time unless they are protected by the plants other protectors so a complete extraction is most useful for edibles that have to go through the digestive track. It would be interesting to see some studies on MAOIs that can help digestion of some of the components just recently discovered with a Tamisium.
Then they can enter the bloodstream.

You can get pure but with lower yields or you can get it all out with higher yields across the polarity spectrum. But one thing is for sure, all your yields will be 20% or greater when using the butane as a liquid on a closed system like the Tamisium Extractors do. No matter what you think. When you use an open system like a pipe or tube. the butane vaporizes when it hits the plant material and turns into a less effective gas. That is the reason CO2 is not as effective. Because it is a gas. Not a liquid. The reason the CO2 process is so expensive is because to get it into a usuable dense enough fog, requires crazy pressures. The pressures are the problem. Not the solution as some people think. The extra 5% you get out with the higher pressures create other problems in addition to the expense. I would rather just put 5% more product in the champer if I have to go through bad taste, rancid extractions and pay 10 times more to do it. And you dont recover CO2 either. Not unless you have big bucks and are in a huge commercial operation where saving it would be cost effective. Although CO2 does evaporate easily and leaves behind a lot of nice fragrances/terpenes/volatile oils. But so does Butane.

S

supercritical

These units are only available to lease? WTF?

And what kind of fucking idiot sells this for $1000 and then asks you to pay and extra $12 for shipping insurance?

This is incorrect Fractal. Check out the website for accurate information.

S

supercritical

Answers questions about flower and oil extractions

a caregiver in Montana. It is all I do, everyday. The Tamisium is a great investment for those who appreciate quality, versatility, recycling (no wasted gas!), and SAFETY!

I have yet to see anything that comes close to what these guys have produced.[/QUOTE]

MT I just purchased 1 of these bad boys and would love some advice. I got lots of questions and their website and forums make it very clear they won't answer questions about MMJ extractions. That is if you don't mind giving up your recipe[/QUOTE]

I answer all questions about flower leaf and plant/oil extractions. The name of the plants are not necessary.

S

supercritical

Updated link:

Here is 3 grams obtained from one pass using purified King brand butane (via distillation). There were 30g of Violator Kush buds, not trim, broken up by hand and packed into the chamber. A second pass using the recovered butane from the first looks like a slightly lower yield. This oil smells exactly like the buds do. It trips me out. The buzz is great.

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_1883.jpg

Here is the link to the source for pure butane listed on the Tamisium website

http://www.tamisiumextractors.com/tamisium-accessories.htm

You can also get butane from any welding gas supply company, but they charge up the butt, and NORCO gas in Missoula could only get 90% pure butane vs the 99.5% and 99.9% pure N butane available from Airgas.

I took pics of the extraction I did this morning, but it is going to take me some time to upload them. I can't figure out how to compress the files, so they take forever to upload.

E

einstoned

Info in regards to closed system BHO processing

Hey all,
Been reading the thread here and on other forums. Seems there are concerns in divulging info on using that dude’s machine. I won’t even mention it or him anymore. Henceforth we will simply be referring to the process of closed loop extraction, specifically my personal insights on 2 years of fooling around making BHO. Using my homebrewed still. So no legal issues here as I am both a registered cardholder/grower in the state I reside in.

As it has been stated elsewhere, the process is pressure/time/temp (PTT) sensitive. So keep this all in mind as I proceed. As PTT increases the yields will maximize, but so do the negative values such as chlorophyll, producing a nasty dark green/black oil. Casual observation has shown as pressure/temp is dropped, a lighter sweeter oil is produced, however yield is reduced. Second and subsequent runs always produced a darker less tasty oil. Grinding also adds to yield in the first run, but adds negative color as well as tastes.

There seems to be a time value in there but so far it has eluded me, as I get distracted easily and space out time rather easily. All I know is that after a while the fluid levels drop in the soak stage as the solvent is absorbed into the plant matter. At this point I find that a 0 psi soak at 20 F for some time* yields a nice light red/amber oil depending on bud/trim/variety. Without using a vacuum pump I do lose 20-30% to the soak stage in butane losses. But safely employing vacuum on the cheap is all but impossible, and outside my limited budget, and at this point I feel acceptable, considering the fact that I am running 300 to 500 gram loads (and can easily handle 1000 grams) in my ghetto closed loop system. And have less than 250 dollars tied up! So while not 100% of the butane is recovered at this point, I can easily rectify that with a vacuum system teed into the system. It will also be handy to have a nice vacuum system to purge that last bit of solvent out of the final product.

In the oil/solvent extraction stage the same low temp/pressure yields the finer oils as far as tastes and color goes, but will leave a larger amount of solvent in the final product, again that can be rectified by either a slow open air evaporation or with a vacuum system almost all could be purged at the end of the solvent extraction cycle. So there it is folks, some casual observations on a highly technical process that can kill you if you don’t do it right. But with some forethought and safety/respect for flammable solvents can be a lot of fun for the right person(s) enjoying the fruit of the labor! Enjoy and don’t blow yerself up mmm’kay kids? Einstoned

Graywolf

Graywolf

Some of the Tamisium results that I've seen published are indeed inpressive, so here are a couple passive designs, one all stainless and the other stainless and glass.

I will build prototypes after I finish building another pumped system, that is fully automated.

All that is represented are the column and lower vessel, as I plan to use a simple propane tank with a valve and proper connection as the butane reclaim and storage vessel.

Visible butane extraction system 1
1 oz passive blow up detail
X

Xtract

Bingo!

Would a moderator clean up my mess?

Thanks Graywolf...would this same concept work to make one similar to the te700. Was thinking that class k fire extinguisher might work as a collection and storage vessel.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Some of the Tamisium results that I've seen published are indeed inpressive, so here are a couple passive designs, one all stainless and the other stainless and glass.

I will build prototypes after I finish building another pumped system, that is fully automated.

All that is represented are the column and lower vessel, as I plan to use a simple propane tank with a valve and proper connection as the butane reclaim and storage vessel.

Bingo!

Would a moderator clean up my mess?
Thanks for sharing. YOU ROCK :banana1sv6:

Top Bottom