The captain’s inquiry, what is everyone’s thoughts on stalk splitting the last week before harvest?

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I don't know why so many shit on this with theoreticals on all the damage you'll do from trying it. It's just 7-10 days. Harvesting that early if it fails isn't the end of the world. The more people willing to try it would help to either find a tek that will produce better product or have us move on to the next experiment. Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's not like it's any effort to put a hole in a stem.

If it weren't for the folks willing to experiment, we'd still be throwing random seeds outside and walking away until if/when they survive to harvest. Hell, we wouldn't even have buds to use if it wasn't for the ones willing to see what would happen.

I don't have a second clone to test with and won't do a side-by-side because I stagger my grows and harvest every three weeks and like to mix it up. It's MAC by Barney's so I know it's not a real MAC and def not V1 like they claim. Still a good strain. I'll drill a couple holes this Sunday and harvest in 7 days. The only issues is that I've already switched a lot with this grow from my last - new nutes (Jack's), using Kelp/Fulvic foliar,, and Chitosan during flower. My last two grows are already better than the previous so I won't have a definite conclusion on whether the holes will make a difference vs all the other changes I've made.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I don't know why so many shit on this with theoreticals on all the damage you'll do from trying it. It's just 7-10 days. Harvesting that early if it fails isn't the end of the world. The more people willing to try it would help to either find a tek that will produce better product or have us move on to the next experiment. Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's not like it's any effort to put a hole in a stem.

If it weren't for the folks willing to experiment, we'd still be throwing random seeds outside and walking away until if/when they survive to harvest. Hell, we wouldn't even have buds to use if it wasn't for the ones willing to see what would happen.

I don't have a second clone to test with and won't do a side-by-side because I stagger my grows and harvest every three weeks and like to mix it up. It's MAC by Barney's so I know it's not a real MAC and def not V1 like they claim. Still a good strain. I'll drill a couple holes this Sunday and harvest in 7 days. The only issues is that I've already switched a lot with this grow from my last - new nutes (Jack's), using Kelp/Fulvic foliar,, and Chitosan during flower. My last two grows are already better than the previous so I won't have a definite conclusion on whether the holes will make a difference vs all the other changes I've made.
Pragmatic. I like your style…….

BuggzNuggz

BuggzNuggz

Yeah I learned about it in an old high times magazine, and I agree that to each his own everybody has their own style and that's how create from our brotherhood as cultivators.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hey I get that bro, I really just wanted to start the debate, not trying to convince anyone to do it really, just hoping that folks read up on it, and make an educated decision on whether it’s something you would want to try. I was definitely curious when I got the pamphlet about it 10 ish years ago. My intent really was to just educate. The more you know type of deal……
I get it bud if you’ve not tried it Just you asked for thoughts on it and as I was high I gave it albeit I tried to be joking un offensive manner witch I think you got.

Years ago it was a thing that did the rounds on overgrow and a lot of feedback was given it’s a real real shame that information isn’t available anymore as there was some very informative growers and breeders and the amount lost information is a real shame.

It seems to have slightly changed with its two week thing as growers where trying it at various stages till most figured it wasn’t doing much

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

As said the lost information on this is a sad thing there was tons of information from some seriously informative growers like sub cool,uncle Ben and bog so many big names in there time… such a shame most of that information was lost as it was pretty much the hight of experimenting; total tragedy when the cops took the site down and everyone scarpered.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I get it bud if you’ve not tried it Just you asked for thoughts on it and as I was high I gave it albeit I tried to be joking un offensive manner witch I think you got.

Years ago it was a thing that did the rounds on overgrow and a lot of feedback was given it’s a real real shame that information isn’t available anymore as there was some very informative growers and breeders and the amount lost information is a real shame.

It seems to have slightly changed with its two week thing as growers where trying it at various stages till most figured it wasn’t doing much
Huh? I didn’t think you were being cross or anything homie. It’s all good here. I’m in it for the thrill of the debate. It’s a cool topic. No worries man. I have some pretty thick skin!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Huh? I didn’t think you were being cross or anything homie. It’s all good here. I’m in it for the thrill of the debate. It’s a cool topic. No worries man. I have some pretty thick skin!
I’ve also done it a million times as well.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Pic from an hr ago. Barney's MAC.

20231008 191433

And two holes drilled. I thought about girdling instead, but decided to stick with the plan. These are 1/16 holes and drilled twice. I'm not sure if placement makes a difference or if the stress is all it needs. If she starts getting sick, I'll chop her a few days early and post the pic of the same bud.

20231008 191536

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I don’t think that plant has room for any more trichs! Lol!
I think the Chitosan did enough stress to trigger what the splitting is supposed to do, lol. My French Macaron is nearly white this time and still have 5 weeks to go, but I think I need to work on the dose. I can't split/drill that one because it's a 32oz cup grow with a small stalk.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Pic from an hr ago. Barney's MAC.

View attachment 2055555

And two holes drilled. I thought about girdling instead, but decided to stick with the plan. These are 1/16 holes and drilled twice. I'm not sure if placement makes a difference or if the stress is all it needs. If she starts getting sick, I'll chop her a few days early and post the pic of the same bud.

View attachment 2055556
It’s gonna be just fine, it’s not going to get sick, I promise you that! It’ll be cool to see if those colas start to drip hahaha, chucky is right, them hoes is stuffed 😂

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

The thing with this technique. It has to be taken like a grain of salt. There are many ways to stress a plant. With various outcomes. Some good. Most not so good. And what works for some strains. Won't for others. Have fun, figure out what works, and keep growing

7munkee

7munkee

Yeah I learned about it in an old high times magazine, and I agree that to each his own everybody has their own style and that's how create from our brotherhood as cultivators.
Hell, I still germinate under a full moon for the extra gravity pulling it out of its shell! No one has convinced me yet that it's pointless and our ancestors did it (They were a lot smarter than us in a lot of ways) so until it's proven folly, I will also.

BuggzNuggz

BuggzNuggz

Hell, I still germinate under a full moon for the extra gravity pulling it out of its shell! No one has convinced me yet that it's pointless and our ancestors did it (They were a lot smarter than us in a lot of ways) so until it's proven folly, I will also.
Hell yeah I talk to my plants play music for em I even rub them for a physical touch and I really do think that they respond to positive and negative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom