the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've gotcha free range eggs right here! Damn... I'd leave out the chocolate chips m'self, but damn...

Got more painting done yesterday, I LOVE this shade of blue. In the late morning, think of the color of dollar green, but blue. It was that color. Then later in the afternoon, it turned almost a Wedgewood blue (which bummed me because while I like that color, I can't be immersed in it). Then later on in the afternoon, as the sun came over to the west side of the house where the sliding doors are facing, it turned a sea color, which of course is my favorite. This morning it's a sky blue.

I was going to paint the arch with the grey, but I decided it was too dark and too much... breaking up of the visual lines (btw, I love talking about decorating and that sorta thang), so I went with blue. I initially wanted to paint the interior of the arch blue, but I decided that would kill the effect of the arch, so I have to paint over where I edged on the inside of it. I like it white. In the meantime, I think I'm not going to like the bedding I ordered, it's going to be too hot and the colors may not be pleasing, plus I need to pick up some of the red in the nightstands. I'm thinking coral red.

Anyone else here like decorating? :o

IMAG0788
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<--- is *so* glad you can't quite make out the mess ^^ that's the master bath.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Hiya, a couple more days down, things are far more tolerable again....

Sea, Normally I do try to break things up in batches, but I've hurt myself twice in the past month, each time causing me to lose about a week. I'm falling behind, trying to catch up, and laying myself out. It's a miserable circle. The good news is, my back started doing better yesterday, tolerable is what I'd call it at this point. A bowl and some canna lotion and I should be good to go now that I've had some coffee.

I LOVE the colors you are using, I used to be afraid of using dramatic colors on the walls...but once I tried some deep color on an accent wall, it was all over - I loved it!! I've still got updating to do in the dining, masterbed and guest bath! I'm starting to feel the inspiration, as I look at your pictures. I have so many other things going on right now....maybe later this summer :-)

Well, time for another cup o joe and that bowl!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hiya, a couple more days down, things are far more tolerable again....

Sea, Normally I do try to break things up in batches, but I've hurt myself twice in the past month, each time causing me to lose about a week. I'm falling behind, trying to catch up, and laying myself out. It's a miserable circle.
You and I tread the same coil, sister. Yesterday I took a misstep off a stepladder, almost did my left knee like my right. If that were to happen, that would be it for me, pretty much no more mobility (but then, maybe I'd finally qualify for that disability). It scared the living shit outta me, I had to sit down for a minute and calm myself. I can't believe it's like this now, I used to be so ballz OUT! I used to do anything I wanted to, as long as I could reach. <sigh> Better not to think about that, better to think about how I used to not be able to edge freehand, and now? Now it just seems to flow as long as I use the biofeedback techniques I learned when I was in ICU for that snake bite. Hehhehheh.

Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from, especially on the losing time bit.
The good news is, my back started doing better yesterday, tolerable is what I'd call it at this point. A bowl and some canna lotion and I should be good to go now that I've had some coffee.
Sometimes tolerable is the best we can hope for, yeah?
I LOVE the colors you are using, I used to be afraid of using dramatic colors on the walls...but once I tried some deep color on an accent wall, it was all over - I loved it!! I've still got updating to do in the dining, masterbed and guest bath! I'm starting to feel the inspiration, as I look at your pictures. I have so many other things going on right now....maybe later this summer :)

Well, time for another cup o joe and that bowl!
Thank you! The more I look at that big, almost black wall, the more I love it. Then I look at the blue that was making its color changes through the day, and I realized I definitely would hate a Wedgewood blue on my walls, but I love the sea color. I have a large mermaid print that's mostly blues and greens that's going on the wall over the bed, it was my inspiration for the color scheme.

I tell you what, though--doing 10' high walls...? Do you know that's pretty much twice as high as I am? Wait... ok, *yes*, I'm high, but I meant TALL. Which is to say I'm not. Tall, that is. 61" exactly (but if you met me you'd say I'm much taller than that, it's all in how you carry yourself). :D

I think it's time to go get high!

Edit: Here's a pic of my pretty mermaid who's going over the bed.

IMAG0797

Last edited:
Ladyv

Ladyv

I tell you what, though--doing 10' high walls...? Do you know that's pretty much twice as high as I am? Wait... ok, *yes*, I'm high, but I meant TALL. Which is to say I'm not. Tall, that is. 61" exactly (but if you met me you'd say I'm much taller than that, it's all in how you carry yourself). :D

I think it's time to go get high!

Just so you know, I laughed out loud and think I pee'd a little when I read this!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mornin' folks. I iz DONE!!! I have one last touch-up to do, gotta wait for the new curtains to come in and hang those and then I be DONEDED!! I think I did a whopping good job, too, even if I do say so m'self. I wonder where my faux finishes book is, though... I looked at the name of the color I chose, and it's called Ebony Field. No wonder it looks almost black!

Anyone else getting this heat wave? Damn!

Kin

Kin

500g strong white bread flour, more to dust,
7g salt
50g caster sugar
10g instant yeast
140ml warm full-fat milk
5 medium eggs (Free range!)
250g unsalted butter, softened, more to grease.
Couple of drps of vanilla extract
Choc chips!
What? No seaweed?;)
Seriously though, looks pukka mate. Would have to be topped with best butter and Seville orange marmalade for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning!

Well, I went to see brother Loran yesterday, always a treat. He's got some really good stuff going on right now, with some new crosses and some breeding that very well may take us back to Mother of Thor. He's also working on some killer crosses that I think folks are going to really want to get their hands on. Sent me home with some lovely, lovely ladies that I can't wait to get into the ground, too.

Just gotta wait til I get irrigation restored in the garden, and then I can start digging in. Hoo boy! Let's hope for a good season this year.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Had my coffee and a cookie doob this morning. It was finally sunny out after all this rain we been getting so I mowed the lawn did the whipping and planted a couple tomato and pepper plants I got the other day. Now its overcast again and more rain is coming. MOTA VATED!!:cigar:

organicpanic

organicpanic

Good marning farmers! Too much coffee drank, soaking it up with a breakfast burrito! Friggin hot in the valley. Already got a boy off to school, applied 30 gals compost tea outside and almost have a fence gate rebuilt. Gonna be a long day of chores, hot one. I get so much shit done when I don't go to work! Hope everyone has a great day!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I did the compost tea spraying last night, but first apparently when the quad is not in 4WD and the sprayer tank is full I'm not quite heavy enough (workin' on it) to keep the front tires in full contact with the ground and I found myself just going forward with no steering, and that, along with one of the quad tires being low and that probably contributed to the problem. Got Dave out, he got it up the hill for me, off I went a-sprayin' EVERYTHING. Next up is going to be molasses and calcium. While I know it's best sprayed *before* weeds emerge, maybe I'll be getting some of that Ca into the weeds, and when they're chopped & dropped, that Ca may get into the soil. The other thing I'm gonna do a big spray down with is sea salts/minerals. And maybe some raw milk if the local health food store has any in stock, it's very popular and so is difficult to get if you're not there in time. And maybe some borax for B.

Black Lab

Black Lab

I see hope for our future water stores in BEAVER.

Let me explain. Or rather, let this trailer explain. I was astonished when I saw the scenes in Nevada.

Aw, shit, I can't embed this as a video. Go here: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365243455/
I was flipping channels and came across the episode about beavers restoring watersheds in Nevada. Gave me a new respect for beavers. I had no idea and I grew up in eastern Ontario Canada where we treated beavers like pests who flooded farm land.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Good morning, well just about afternoon, Farm. I had my graduation ceremony this past Saturday, so that was awesome. What made the whole event significantly better was that when I checked in I found out I was graduating Magna Cum Laude. So that made my weekend. I guess all the long hours of studying really did pay off.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning, well just about afternoon, Farm. I had my graduation ceremony this past Saturday, so that was awesome. What made the whole event significantly better was that when I checked in I found out I was graduating Magna Cum Laude. So that made my weekend. I guess all the long hours of studying really did pay off.
WHAT??? Congratulations! We didn't even know you were graduating or we would have gotten cigars and made cookies, fer Chrissakes. I'm very curious as to your degree. Magna Cum Laude, eh? My goodness, that's wonderful. :)

Black Lab

Black Lab

Way to go brother! Putting a lie to the slacker stoner myth. Cum Laude myself from UCLA many years ago.

Top Bottom