Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sorry to read that, Drifting.
Hey! @Seamaiden
Did you feel the quake?

Anyone?

I didnt feel it :(
:D Hell no! I live in the ONE tiny oval of California that has a less than 10% chance of experiencing groundshake. That quake was about 2-3hrs west of us, north of the Bay area, Vallejo area.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

00007489.jpg

I have these oil bath hubs on my center console drifting,i like them more than bearing buddy hubs,good thing is when your done you wont have to worry about trailer issues.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all. Just stopped raining & watching the steam rise.
fishwhistle, who made those hubs and about what did they run? What is the "cool off" period before you launch your boat. With our bearing buddies it's a 15 to 20 min wait. For now the will be using the hubs that come with the new axle & the bearing buddies are paid for as well. But will keep the info in mind for down the road.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I think those are turbo lubes but a few people make them,i think around 85-90 bucks each.Hubs can get hot after a road trip so if you back in to launch right away you can crack something or suck water into your bearings when their still hot,thats what cool downs about,usually takes me a minute to get ready to launch anyways.The nice thing about the liquid hubs(30 wgt oil)is you can see the level visually and if you suck water its easy to see(turns milky),you can drain them super easy and refill halfway and your good to go.I had bearing buddies on other boats,just give them 1 pump with the grease gun after you pull the boat out to force the water out,dont overgrease them or the grease will bypass the seal and get flung up all over the side of the boat.

putembk

putembk

Afternoon all. Wow, that was a pretty bad quake. I was watching the World Series when the last one hit years ago. Knocked the station off the air. Anybody hear of any after shocks? I would be afraid to go inside about now.

Did you ever get your trailer fixed Drifting. Thats why I don't like boats. By the time you finally get in in the water its time to go home. I am getting ready to head out for a two day trip on the river next week, waders, vest and rod is a lot easier than a boat imo. Thinking I better go downstairs and tie a few flies for the trip. Later.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Evening, y'all! Nope trailer isn't fixed yet. My Dad had a brain aneurism rupture. He has survived the surgery but it don't look good. :(

putembk

putembk

G'Evening, y'all! Nope trailer isn't fixed yet. My Dad had a brain aneurism rupture. He has survived the surgery but it don't look good. :(
So sorry, read this on another site. Shouldn't have brought up the boat at a time like this. Sending prayers.

Drifting13

Drifting13

Just came back from hosp. They did another CT scan today and he had another stroke since last scan. :(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm so sorry to read this. How's he doing at this point, and how are you and the family holding up? Not a good time, I'm sure. Prayers for all, Drifting.

DismalDude

DismalDude

My condolences to you and your family drifting.Hope things take a turn for the better.Best wishes.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all! We are back home. Dad is still alive, if you want to call it that. After the surgery for the brain aneurism bursting things were looking up. Since that time he has had strokes that should up on CT scans. My sister is taking first watch with dad & taking mom back & forth, plus her Dr. apts. I'll be going back down mid to late Sept. As much as I love my dad after the strokes and still being on a ventilator...I'm praying he goes to the light...:inpain::(:(:inpain:
Thanks again for all the thoughts & prayers

Latest posts

Top Bottom