The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

good lookin out.

she lost patience with me and took a bowl to the face through ol smokey. i just about died checking on her. all laid up in bed, eyes so heavy they looked closed, permagrin going on. said the quick dry sample buds smelled like roasted cereal and tasted like smoking crickets lol but she's visibly much more comfortable and happy.

only concern is her symptoms are the same my buddy's dad had about a month ago after his first of a series of three strokes. keeping a damn close eye on her. she has a couple appointments next week to get thoroughly checked out. the hospitals in the area are operating at 150%+ capacity right now so unless someone is shot, stabbed, or straight up dying, they're not accepting anyone. we're on our own for now.
I'd still give her the mix. It will only help. And if you have some echinacea growing nearby, dry, powder and add to drinks.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
No breathing issues, we're not quite sure. She collapsed a few days ago, dizziness, nausea, back pain, slight intermittent headache. No fever, coughing, congestion, etc. So some symptoms of rona but nothing definitive. test came back negative, and she's had vertigo since our daughter was born. we've kept her in isolation just in case though.
Is she stressed? My wife had a similar episode recently, minus the back pain but she had slight breathing issues that were freaking her out. She had all sorts of test done, ultrasound, blood work, etc and everything was good. Turned out stress at her job was wreaking havoc on her well being.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Is she stressed? My wife had a similar episode recently, minus the back pain but she had slight breathing issues that were freaking her out. She had all sorts of test done, ultrasound, blood work, etc and everything was good. Turned out stress at her job was wreaking havoc on her well being.
she's always stressed lol she's a ginger and a pisces, so she has the natural redhead rage and the emotional turmoil of a fish. with one of her appointments, i'm going to bring up the possibility of POTS syndrome. Given it started right around the time she had our daughter, and POTS can be triggered by pregnancy, it seems like a good path to evaluate and at least eliminate if at all possible.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nerves are hitting me.. im in the window to flush I think. This is a tough call because I don't want to jump the gun and fade them prematurely, and I don't want them to ripen and slow down too much on uptake before I start the flush either. It's a short window to guage when using rockwool and a clearing solution.

Plants look super frosty, they've really taken on the frosted over look vs the shimmery look they've had up until now, which indicates the trichs are now cloudy as Fk. That Koolbloom sure seems to have done something here, the buds got super swollen and frosty as hell in the matter of 3 days. And the smell is off the charts.

I'll drop some pics just before and after the lights come on In an hour. I'm very very happy with what I'm seeing in here. Just need to handle this last week or so with some extra care to ensure they finish ripe and clean. I'll be smoking this stuff all year long so it's critical that I get this right.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Nerves are hitting me.. im in the window to flush I think. This is a tough call because I don't want to jump the gun and fade them prematurely, and I don't want them to ripen and slow down too much on uptake before I start the flush either. It's a short window to guage when using rockwool and a clearing solution.

Plants look super frosty, they've really taken on the frosted over look vs the shimmery look they've had up until now, which indicates the trichs are now cloudy as Fk. That Koolbloom sure seems to have done something here, the buds got super swollen and frosty as hell in the matter of 3 days. And the smell is off the charts.

I'll drop some pics just before and after the lights come on In an hour. I'm very very happy with what I'm seeing in here. Just need to handle this last week or so with some extra care to ensure they finish ripe and clean. I'll be smoking this stuff all year long so it's critical that I get this right.
you got this. this run looks to be the best one you've done yet with this method, and watching a proper finish will be invaluable from my perspective.

growsince79

growsince79

I been wanting to try KB for a while now. You pushed me over the edge; will try soon.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

it's a high PK ratio fertilizer that encourages the plant to ripen. It does this by shocking the plant with high levels of P and K, which forces the plant to get it's shit together and let the grower harvest already.
So, nothing that organics would benefit from. It would throw off the soil balance.
The very best ripener I've seen so far is Sticky Icky combined with UVa+b.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
So, nothing that organics would benefit from. It would throw off the soil balance.
correct. i'm not sure how happy an organic plant would be having a salt like that dumped into it. it's mostly sulfates of one type or the other, which is great for generating super strong terpene profiles, but also probably not so kind to the wonderful microbiome you're worked so hard to maintain lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
you got this. this run looks to be the best one you've done yet with this method, and watching a proper finish will be invaluable from my perspective.
Well, I'm on the edge of my seat lol. I'll try to not fuck it up.
I been wanting to try KB for a while now. You pushed me over the edge; will try soon.

Same, I had it for years but never used it out of concerns over the high ratio and didn't want to burn plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Few nug shots from before the lights come on.

Tough call, but im gonna keep going with 300ppm feed for now. Theyre not quite there yet. Id really like to push this out to week 10 which would mean starting flush on Wed.. but I can't go by anticipated dates, just gotta keep an eye on things.

What im looking for is any newer growth in the buds to swell and stigmas fully wither, all trichs gone cloudy on the plant top to bottom, and them to finish plumping up. Once I'm there.. flush time. But I'm still seeing a little newer growth on the mids and lower buds that aren't quite done yet, tops look nearly ready but the mids are a few days behind them. So... see how they look tomorrow. It's feeling like these could go several more days before we clean things out.
20220122 181009
20220122 181024
20220122 181109
20220122 181119
20220122 181141

growsince79

growsince79

Few nug shots from before the lights come on.

Tough call, but im gonna keep going with 300ppm feed for now. Theyre not quite there yet. Id really like to push this out to week 10 which would mean starting flush on Wed.. but I can't go by anticipated dates, just gotta keep an eye on things.

What im looking for is any newer growth in the buds to swell and stigmas fully wither, all trichs gone cloudy on the plant top to bottom, and them to finish plumping up. Once I'm there.. flush time. But I'm still seeing a little newer growth on the mids and lower buds that aren't quite done yet, tops look nearly ready but the mids are a few days behind them. So... see how they look tomorrow. It's feeling like these could go several more days before we clean things out.View attachment 1209308View attachment 1209309View attachment 1209310View attachment 1209311View attachment 1209312
Beautiful buds; nice structure and lots of frost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom